Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 39 transmision/juicebrake master cylinder

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Gasolinedeniz, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Hi Guys, today i tryed to fir my mastercylinder to the 39 Transmision in my model a and in the end of the day i gave up:-( there is simply not enough room for it:-(
    Pic one is the lenght of the mc , its almos 11 long
    [​IMG]
    on the second pic you see the space wheres i would like to mount it
    [​IMG]
    Its also 11 long and i would need a lever to reverse the direction:-( How you guys done this on your cars ?
    The second question is, do i have to suppport my transmision? Its just floating in the air ?
    I know Cling`s has a cool combo but its 500$.... which i do not have :-(

2. There should be lots of room! I will try and get a photo of an A I built loaded later. The master cyl. behind the pedals. Here is one on a deuce. Just to get the concept.
    Coleman R&R 015.JPG

3. OFT

OFT

ctl932ford photo shows placement. Model A's are similar. You may need to make up a new push rod for correct length. Can not see your pedal set up but you may need to weld tab on bottom of sleeve to change pivot point.
    Yes you need to support tranny on back end. Use stock type biscuits and whip up a mount to clear things.

4. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

I let the stock '33 pedal pull. then ran a threaded and clevised rod back to behind the seats... this gets the master higher than the wheel cylinders so no risidual valves are needed...
    gives room for a long enough belcrank [reverses direction] to have multiple holes for gaining mechanical advantage, also no hole in the carpet needed for adding fluid... easy to get at the master through the trunk floor...
    17 seasons with this chassis, 4rth rod i've used this set up on...
    brakes 1 004.JPG

vtwhead likes this.
  5. flatford39

flatford39

I used an F-1 cross member to support the rear of the trans. With that I used the F-1 pedals and master cylinder set up. Search for F-1 cross member in a Model A here and you will see many pictures of it.

6. That picture makes it tough to see what you've got going on there. Too close and not a lot of light.

Either way, regarding supporting your transmission, yes, you do have to support it. See those ears coming off the tail end of the transmission? Pointing out to the 3" and 4" marks on your tape measure in the above picture? That's for your transmission mount.

7. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

A F1 crossmember is basically the same as Early Ford so you can use the original twist clutch (F1, Early V8 era) linkage.

8. Better photos from further away will get you better information. Myself, I just cant see what you have going on. Your combination has been done countless number of times so it must not be impossible just not understood for you yet.
    The Wizzard

9. As previously mentioned an F-1 crossmember will do it all. You will have to use the later rear cover on your trans to match the spacing of the mount; but you get a crossmember, trans mount, and pedal assy all-in-one. Easy to install, too. You can use a Chassis Eng. adapter to mount your dual master to the Ford three bolt mount.
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

10. Thanks a lot guys, I found a solution, will work on it this weekend and post better pics :) It was late night and not a lot light in the shop:-(