Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods A question for Ford & Chevy guys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Apr 5, 2017.

1. I'm a Ford guy and will readily admit it and I'm sure there are many Chevy guys that will agree that they are hard core bow tie guys,but whatever side if the fence your own is there a hamb friendly car or truck from the opposite side you would like to own.

Like I said,I am a Ford guy and have owned a few Chevy's in the past but I have always liked the looks of a '55 Chevy but never owned one.,maybe someday! :D

How about you guys? HRP

2. Well I am not a chevy guy but I would build a car Ford tuff with chevy stuff. I would not go the other way, unless I had a first gen Corvette, I want to put an FE in one just to piss everyone off.;)

Body wise I don't belong to any certain school, I like what like and don't like what I don't like and both are too numerous to list.

3. Being the hardcore ford guy I am, the blue oval will always be my favorite. However, I've always thought the early fifties Chevrolet sedans were pretty cool. Which is why I have soft spot for them. Maybe one day.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  4. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

More or less a GM guy with previous local GM products, my current 35 Chevy and 46 Olds but my DD is a Ford. I've previously owned a few OT Ford cars and would love to build a 63 Fairlane Thunderbolt recreation with an FE.:confused::rolleyes:

oldsjoe and HOTRODPRIMER like this.

5. True blue Ford guy BUT I would love to have a 61 chevy bubble top

mgtstumpy and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  6. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Ford guy here, had a bunch of them. BUT....I have always liked '38 Chevy coupes.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  7. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

First car was a Model A that I bought for $95.00 when I was 15. Always considered myself a die hard Ford guy (with an occasional English sports car thrown into the mix) until I had a 6.0 Ford Super Duty diesel go south on me with 46,000 miles and Ford wouldn't do didly about it. Needles to say no more new Fords in my garage but its still Fords for the older stuff unless a mid '60's Chevy 4x4 carryall like I had in the Army comes along.

8. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A diffcult question...
    I´ve had Mopars , Fords, Buicks, Chevies, kept some, sold some.... my first old car was a 62 Impala and my best friend had a 57 Bel Air he let me drive... maybe that put me closer to the GM brands... But now I have a 34 Ford with 312 Y-Block,a 52 Suburban, a 53 210 2dr sedan , a 55 210 4dr as a daily driver, a 56 Bel Air 2dr mild custom, this 62 Impala Coupe and a 65 Riviera....plus about 10 or so 283s and 327s ( no 350s)... I can ´t explain why I have more GM stuff than Ford, but I don´t feel bad about it either.
    I really enjoyed building the T -Bird 312 in my 34, just because it was something different. I love the looks of it because it´s almost as clean and simple as a 283 Chevy. That said, I ´d love to have a 40 Ford Coupe, what do I say, any Ford between 1911 and ´57.. ´58 & 59 is not my cup of beer, but I have seen real cool ones too. The 60 Ford station is exactly how Chevy should have built their´s... a beautiful, clean car...
    Mercs and Lincolns aren´t doing much for me, besides the iconic Zephyrs and 49-51 Mercs of course....
    I also like the 30s and 40s Mopars, I had a 34 Plymouth hot rod for 10 years. From the early 50s up it really depends what year and model Mopar it is, I like some, I respect some for their "over the top cutting edge space age" styling , and some are just plain ugly to me....But maybe that´s just a personal favor..

rudestude, oldsjoe and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  9. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

On a second thought, I think I just bought the project I liked and could afford at that time. Unfortunately there was no 32 3 w Coupe, 50 Merc or Zephyr Coupe in the bunch, hahahahaha
    I would have kept them for sure!

oldsjoe, Paint Guru and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  10. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

37 and 39's too!

Hotrodmyk and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  11. metalman

metalman

I'm a Ford guy with a Mopar fetish (shhh) but I've owned a few Chevys, a 37 Chevy coupe and a 59 Elky which remain a couple my favorite cars I've had. A 62 Bel Air hard top is still way up on my bucket list and I still have a soft spot for tri 5s, 57's and Nomads in particular.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  12. Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  13. My friends tell me I'm a Ford guy. I don't see it. There are cars from every maker that I would GLADLY own and drive. If you're a car guy, you're a car guy.

14. 2935ford

2935ford

I have never been brand specific.........so I have a lot of choices!:)

15. Primered Forever

Primered Forever
    from Joplin,MO

I'm a Ford guy but own a 37 Chevy coupe.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  16. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Dig the Fo (choke)rds of the 30s. 49-54 Mercurys (a Ford with no loose bolts), 64 1/2-70 Mustangs, and my favorite, a 58 Ranchero.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  17. Yep, that would be my choice too. Easily the 'smoothest' and most 'flowing' of the 50s-60s Chevy designs.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  18. chevy guy, but i have always wanted a model T hot rod and one of those seventy era ford extended cab two wheel drive pickups, blue with the white side panels.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  19. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

40 Fords and trifive chevys-have one of each.

i.rant, HOTRODPRIMER and LOU WELLS like this.
  20. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

most of the old cars I have owned were bought based on condition and price. I have this thing for original paint cars in good shape. I have owned Ford, Dodge, Chevrolet, Pontiac and Cadillacs over the years. there is probably not a pre 1965 car made that I would not like to have for the right money in the right condition.

dana barlow, oldsjoe and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  21. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

I like the Chevrolet and those Fords are great but a nice olde Dodge Brothers is easy to look at.... 41-carmel-ocean-ave-show-2009-16686.jpg

mooreboy, oldsjoe, B Bay Barn and 5 others like this.
  22. cavman

cavman

I'm a dyed in the wool Chevy guy although I've owned many other GM brands. As far as other makes, nothing newer than '58. I DO have a '32 Ford 5 window, that I would trade for a '64 T-Bolt in a heart-beat. Pun intended...

LOU WELLS and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  23. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

Have a 49 Chevy Pickup and a 40 Ford coupe...both have Ford 8" rears and both are 350/350 GM powered. I am partial to the looks of the Fords from 28 up to 1940, the Chevy P/Ups 47/AD to 57 and the Chevy Tri-Five cars are on top for me also. Nothing wrong with any and all taste for the individual as that's what makes the Hot Rod World spin on it's axis in my book.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  24. I bleed Chevy orange but have always lusted for a '56 Crown Vic. Had a '34 Ford once but it was 409 powered.

LOU WELLS and mgtstumpy like this.
  25. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Ford guy with a 37 Chevy p/u,the 37 has some Ford parts but will not be happy until it gets Ford power.

LOU WELLS and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  26. The37Kid

The37Kid

Ford guy, bought my first T on my sixteenth birthday, but my first car on the street was a '54 Chevy Four Door. Next up was a first series '55 Chevy pickup, I'd like another one of those, and a '56 Ford pickup like the one I drove home from LA in 1975. Bob

LOU WELLS likes this.
  27. For me the second gen Nova is the ticket.
    I wouldn't say no to a 57 chev sedan either.
    Any B body mopar, Roadrunner, GTX, Super Bee would also work.

28. [​IMG]
    One of these would do it!

29. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

See my signature line ... but both are Chevy powered ... i got tired of paing the Ford tax.

Paint Guru and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  30. Wyld Deuce

Wyld Deuce
    from ...

I will always be a Ford guy, but I too have Chevys I like.
    As for owning a Chevy, I would go with a Tri 5.

LOU WELLS likes this.