Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Paul Bradley

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by terry k, Dec 22, 2016.

1. terry k

terry k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from toledo oh

Has anyone received '36 floor pans from him recently ?. I know he is slow, but I'm going on 2 years here !! I have called him and he returns the call after 4:eek:o most times. I have heard all of the stories from him each time. I keep telling him ,I've heard that one before. Always a promise to ship the next day, then nothing.

2. I have not, but 2 years sounds like way too long, I can give you a bump back up though.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

4. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

These stories always amaze me. How someone can put a guy off for two years telling him all along that he is shipping the next day is beyond my comprehension.

5. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/35-36-bradley-floor-pans.1007230/
    This guy had 3 years wait.
    Are we there yet? Looks like you're almost there:)

Every once in a while I'll see Bradley parts for sale. That's because the guy ordered parts. Waited and waited and then figured out how to finish his car. Then the Bradley parts go up for sale the second they get dropped off. Look around.

image.png

If anyone has a good pan to copy and get a template off of, I'll try it for you.

6. Two YEARS? How is that even freakin' possible?

kiwijeff likes this.
  7. I don't understand how this Guy is even still around. I had the same run around 15 years ago on a 50 Ford woody. The customer had already waited a year when the car came in. 8 Months later they arrived. I had already hand built the floor and the car was in paint. We opened the box and I wouldn't have been able to use them as they were. Close but so what, it just took more material than he gave us to get the job done. Good thing we didn't wait. Maybe the product has changed for the better over the years but so what.
    The Wizzard

8. If three years is possible then 2 is nothing

9. I know,man. It's just really amazing to me that someone could operate a so-called business that way.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. mike bowling

mike bowling

I think you're giving this dude too much credit - he's NO businessman! ( not even "so called")
    Take the deposit and buy a new bass boat kinda attitude- Monkey Buisness!

11. I have bought two floors from Paul, but did not have to wait but 6 months for the first set. Only a phone call threatening to come to Charlotte and get my money back got him moving. I did learn that I could get notified by him when that particular floor was going to be run, and not pay until then. But if the run was for, say 100 sets, and his dealer orders exceeded that you were SOL, until the next year. On the last set, I left a message with Marie, he called back and I asked specifically if he had them. He checked, called back, I gave him a CC, and they came within a week.
    There has been a LOT of angst over the years, yet people still send him their money!
    Wonder if the RICO statute, or some NC statute covers this type of business practice?

12. trey32

trey32

What's his phone number??

13. I don't have it on me, but I think that it's on his web site.

14. terry k

terry k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from toledo oh

15. terry k

terry k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from toledo oh

Has anyone received any floor pans from him. I know he make pans for many different Fords and Mercs.

16. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

That is about the time i bought a set for a 49 woody and was to pick them up at the charlotte autorama, Well when i got to his booth and waited quite a while for him to finish talking to some other folks, Then when he drug them out of his van and opened the box one side was missing, he told me that someone was ill with him and he had to use it, and he would have me one and ship it in a couple weeks, being i had dealt with his dad on many occasions i agreed and wrote him a check, have not received it to this day or got a refund. finally my customer went with auto metal direct and i had to eat what i had paid for the pans.
    In this case the old saying " The seed don't fall to far from the tree" is not true!

17. MIKE STEWART

MIKE STEWART

I have bought floor patches from Paul Bradley off and on for 20 years. Always had good and prompt service. A few days before the Fall Auto Fare at Charlotte, I called Paul and left a message on his phone. He called me from his cell phone - he was setting up his vendor booth at the Auto Fare. I needed a $90 trunk area repair panel for my latest project - 1939 Ford my Dad has owned since 1959. That night - Paul pull this part out of inventory and he had it at his vendor spot - boxed up and ready for me the Saturday of the Fall Auto Fare. I went by his vendor booth about 2:00 - with my son and Paul offered 2 ice cold bottled waters (Speedway charges $6.00 each) - I picked up my floor panels, talked about classic Fords and looked for more 1939 Ford parts.

18. terry k

terry k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from toledo oh

What I can not understand is that he is the only one that make correct original pans for the '35-'36 Ford and people are looking for them all the time as this is a very popular car. Why some other manufacture has not decided to make these. Drake and Carpenter have the '39-'40 Ford. All '32-'34's are available.

19. He's not.
    There is a great BIG picture of someone else's ad selling the floor pans a few post up. There someone in oz making them too.
    The reviews on the eBay parts are that they fit, are quite usable, they ship quickly but the beads are not quite as crisp as original. So there's your start, get a block and hammer and spend a couple hours crisping up the beads if they will be objectionable to the purist judges, carpet padding and kamakazi squirrels.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  20. These guys are sold out, but worth a call to see if & when they will back

image.png

Theses are the Bradley pans.
    image.jpeg

I really hate to see you struggling here.
    Can you get your hands on a pan to copy?
    An original that still has some life to make a pattern?
    If you can come on over here (1:15 mins to Toledo) and we will make a set for you and a set for my 35 5w I'll probably never get to. But it needs floors.

Anyone close to Cleveland Toledo with a pan to use for this?

Get those off eBay and we can tighten up the beads if you want.

leadfootloon and waxhead like this.
  21. Bill Nabors

Bill Nabors

Several years ago, I ordered a set of 40 pans including the trunk pieces in July. Paul was very nice and told me I should have them by thanks giving. I went to moultrie swat meet the week before thanks giving. I was talking with a dealer and told him I was getting pans by thanks giving. He smiled and ask if I knew which thanksging. After talking with him, I bought a set he had. It was well over two years before I got my parts as ordered.
    Paul is a very nice guy and I got all I ordered, but it was a very long wait.

22. flatmotor40

flatmotor40
    from georgia

He did mine on my 40 and I had to wait about a month but I had ordered them from a rod shop before I found him It was 3 months waiting on them.But when my came from Paul the Rod shop called a couple weeks later and said mine were in.Told them I had a set and they fussed and fussed.But Paul was doing them by his self then

23. I though this was a good idea and great offer.
    40" throat
    image.jpeg

Banged these out in a few hours
    image.jpeg

24. That is a great offer.

I don't have a Pullmax, I've got a Harbor Freight bead roller and a homemade bender. I made floors for my '51 sedan and '41 coupe, it takes a moron weekend-warrior like me about a few days. Anyone with basic tools and half a brain can make their own.

25. Schwanke Engines

Schwanke Engines

26. terry k

terry k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from toledo oh

Got a set of the repros above.If I ever get my Bradleys' I'll put them up for sale. Might be worth keeping them in stock.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  27. Head Stud

Head Stud

Hello everybody out there,
    I am from Germany and I have a 1938 Ford Tudor. I discovered "Bradley Floor Pans" a few weeks ago in the internet and despite several negative feedbacks in this forum, I decided to give this company a chance and ordered two front floor pans.
    Now, here is my experience: 10. March 2017 date of order and payment by wire transfer, 21. March 2017 date of shipping, 31. March 2017 floor pans arrived.
    I have come to know Mr. Bradley as a very polite and helpful person.
    He always answered all my questions within one day. He tried hard to find a good shipping quote for me and made an extra box to ship the floorpans.
    I would recommend this company wherever somebody will ask for high quality replacement floor pans and floor patch panels.
    I attached some photos of the box and the floorpans (hope it worked). I think the pictures speak for themselves.

Best regards
    IMAG1142.jpg IMAG1143.jpg IMAG1140.jpg

28. 32coop

32coop
    from Australia

Firstly I have no experience with the Bradley floor pans but my wife surprised me with floor pans from Castlemaine rod shop pans. I grew up in Castlemaine about half an our away from where I live now. Kelvin the owner who I don't really know told my wife that he would deliver as he was coming to Bendigo. We lived on the other side of town as well. He even went as far as helping my wife try and hide it under the bed unsuccessfully. Ha ha. I haven't as yet tried to fit them working on the wife's shoebox flat out. They look good though. I can't remember what the stateside business is called though.