Register now to get rid of these ads!

TECH: Ultimate T-5 Article

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flat Ernie, Mar 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Is this what your looking for? This is a t5 out of a s10.

4.682 and 1.371
    Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Devonrod and loudbang like this.
  2. earlymopar

earlymopar

Flat Ernie: Are you aware of whether any of the long input shaft T-5s used behind V-8s in Mustangs?

"The late-model (1994-95) 3.8 V6 T-5 was rated at 265lb/ft, had the slightly longer input shaft, and had the following ratios:"

1st - 3.35 2nd - 1.93 3rd - 1.29 4th - 1.00 5th - 0.73

Thanks,

- EM

3. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

Hey guys, Im looking for a adapter to put a t5 behind a 59a engine,
    Anyone know where I can find one, or if they even make one ?
    Thanks ...

4. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

Also, I was wondering if I can run the non wc tail housing with the forward shifter on a wc unit ?
    I know theres some difference on the counter shaft oil damn, I think ?
    Thanks ...

5. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/t5-tailshaft-swap-for-dummies-with-pictures.280529/

http://www.wilcap.com/wilcapstore.html#!/BH-59A-350/p/54397304/category=14420225

[​IMG]

loudbang likes this.
  6. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

7. There is a member whose user name is INLINE who makes and sells T-5 adapter plates for all kinds of applications. He has an ad in the parts for sale forum. I bought one from him, good quality, competitive price, and timely shipping.

loudbang likes this.
  8. fenderhead

fenderhead
    from Stevens PA

Guys I need your help. I was reading this article and it mentioned a speedometer conversion. I have Stewart Warner mechanical gauges but my T5 has the electronic connection. Where can I get a converter so that I can use my existing gauge? I don't want electronic gauges. Hoping Flat Ernie has info. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

9. Kato Kings

Kato Kings
    from Minnesota

loudbang and gimpyshotrods like this.
  10. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fenderhead meet Kato Kings. Kato Kings meet Fenderhead.

This place is a rod and custom skill set department store. We've got it all!

11. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Yes, the 94-95 V8 T5 has the longer input shaft as well. That info should be in the tech write-up. The SN95 platform required a longer/deeper bellhousing for 'packaging', so all T5, both V6 and V8, got the slightly longer input shaft. On the V8 cars, the input shafts between the '89-93 & '94-95 are interchangeable except for total length, so if you get a '94-95 and need the standard length, just swap the input.

12. Mule Farmer

Mule Farmer
    from Holland MI

13. Devonrod

Devonrod
    from london uk

Thats great thanks for your kindness

tudorfritz likes this.
  14. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

hey guys, i got a question, im running a t5 in my 50 and a tremec 6 speed in my 32, i have a habit of kinda pushing the shifter outta gear as im slowing down,
    you know, if you just put a " little " pressure on it, and when the rpm,s kinda line up she will slide in to neutral,
    think thats bad for it ?

15. fatboys69

fatboys69
    from Tennessee

i am planning on running the spacer / adapter on my SBC/S10 T-5 . will i need to make a spacer for the hydraulic throw out bearing to function correctly ? my spacer moved the trans back 7/16" so the input shaft sould seat into the clutch disc and pilot bushing ok . Thanks in advance

16. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Unknown. I am not sure that this is a question that we can answer, without knowing exactly what hydraulic throwout bearing you are running, and exactly what bellhousing, and exactly what spacer.

17. fatboys69

fatboys69
    from Tennessee

am running a Howe hydraulic unit and have an aluminum GM bell housing that I picked up from a buddy of mine.
    I made the spacer that goes between the bell housing and transmission here at my work ( we have a full machine shop). Spaces the trans 7/16" further back and was thinking it will need a spacer to make up that distance it moved back to get the throw out bearing to function correctly. Am I thinking correctly ?

18. fatboys69

fatboys69
    from Tennessee

running an 11" clutch / pressure plate from an Astro van ( 4.3 v6 ) and large GM flywheel as well.
    It has the 14 spline need to work with the input shaft

19. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Does your spacer index the center register of the bellhousing on one side, and receive the input bearing collar on the other side, or is it just a flat plate?

20. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh, and is the one that is located off a single stud, or the one that bolts down to all four bolts of the input bearing collar?

21. fatboys69

fatboys69
    from Tennessee

it is located off the single stud, havent made the spacer yet. just now starting re assembly.
    I assumed it needs to be like a collar and slide onto the shaft housing to space the bearing out from the transmission
    to keep all of the relationships between the bearing and fingers on the flex plate correct so it can function properly

22. C Crews

C Crews

very good reading.i have a simple question. 4cyl s-10 5 spd, 283 chevy with stock 283 bellhousing and 60's vette lite factory flywheel. what clutch, pressure plate and throwout bearing do i use, or can i use the s-10 stuff ? the 283 is stock, so i figure the trans will last a while . thanks for all the great info on the t5.just want to know whats right for my application.

23. C Crews

C Crews

please

jchev1953 likes this.
  24. lowrd

lowrd

If you have not read this entire thread, do so. The information is there concerning engine/trans combinations guys are using in their rides. Also check inliner internationals tech section about which disc to use. I did not see where you live, but check with a clutch rebuilder about the disc. I would assume you would use a stock style pressure plate for the engine year/model. The disc hub can be replaced with whatever fits your input shaft.

loudbang likes this.
  25. C Crews

C Crews

26. C Crews

C Crews

read the whole thread. i just thought someone might have part numbers i could use for clutch ,pp and throwout bearing. thanks

27. loudbang

loudbang

Tim_with_a_T and Blues4U like this.
  28. Tim_with_a_T and loudbang like this.
  29. Trethewey

Trethewey

What is the thickness of the mounting ears on a GM Muncie-style T-5? I don't have one on hand and I'd like to go ahead and order mounting studs.

Thanks, Eddie

30. Bcap55

Bcap55
    from PA, USA

I have a 1983 T5 from a V8 Camaro with the Chevy bolt pattern, the mounting ears are .530 inches thick.

loudbang likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.