Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello from England

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Rem, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Rem

Rem

Hi, I'm Andy, another transatlantic gearhead from the land of, er, expensive gas! And rain. I've lurked around here for a little while, and checked out quite a few posts over time - particularly into the tech topics, learning all the time and hopefully able to give something back in the future.

There are old car and bike parts spread all around the house, drive, garage and shed, and I'm a Fairly Nice Guy, so hopefully will fit in around here ;-)

2. .........don't forget,......from the land of good beer!! :) Welcome Rem!

Cheers, FE

3. Welcome to the HAMB from a transplanted Brit, now in wet & cold Nor-Cal....

What you got/gonna build? Got pic's? We like pic's.

(I'm also a member of that other Hot Rod forum you belong to!)

4. v8spence

v8spence

Welcome Andy,
    I think we have spoke on "other" forum's in the past?
    Spence (UK)
    ex pop owner, edsel wagon owner but now Buick owner...

5. What you putting together.
    Think I might have met you before. If memory serves me wright did you have a Model A cowl off me a few years ago, or am I thinking of someone else

6. KoppaK

KoppaK

Welcome from one Limey to another.

7. Rem

Rem

Firstly, thank you Elvis (never expected to be able to say that!), and hi to A32, Spence, TD, and KK - know you all from the other forum.

First rod was a smallblock Chevy Pop, that's now in Australia. My "official project to be on the road this year" is a '34 Tudor Sedan - basically stock, and I'm just rebuilding the front axle and radiator at the moment, hopefully to use it while I collect hydraulic brake parts, later Flathead, and stuff to upgrade it to '40s style. I'll stick a photo on here later - the sun's still shining and it looks like there's one small leak in that damn rad.

Oh, and I did have that cowl from you TD, for a '28 A Sport Coupe body that's stashed away around here for a rainy day.

8. Rem

Rem

Sorry it's taken a few days - there were two leaks, and I'm on my third go at fixing one around the original filler neck. It's been converted to a pressurised system and is OK until I pump a few founds in to test it - then the water starts seeping. Anyway, I'll give it one more go tomorrow, and if that don't work I'll seek professional help!

Right, A32 wanted to see a photo of the '34, so here goes:
    [​IMG]
    The front is coming down a bit with a reversed-eye spring, and the back will be up a bit without the home-made picnic basket rack that was on there. Oh, and the stick-on pinstripe has gone!

9. Nice Motor
    Good luck with the leak

10. 53catalina

53catalina

Hi Rem, nice looking car. Cured my leaking rad with a Radweld, works good short term, but will sort properly later in the year. Are you heading down to Wheels Day??? Not too far to go and a good run out in the car. regards Dan

11. Rem

Rem

OK, spent most of Saturday chasing leaks around the top tank, but finally think I sealed it! Now got to get on with the front axle. Hope to get down to Wheels Day on Friday but will be scrounging a ride - I'll look out for a '53 Poncho then?

12. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Hiya Andy - good to see you on here!

Just back from out of town - going to thrash on my '34 Tudor this week - hope to take it to Wheels Day...in all it's poo brown glory! ;D

13. Rem

Rem

Hi Ernie, look forward to seeing the Sedan. Hope it's not too muddy there, or might not notice it? ;¬)
    Cheers, Andy