Register now to get rid of these ads!

Making my rounds through many hobbies, next and final stop, HAMB

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by JC55, Apr 1, 2017.

1. JC55

JC55
    from Ohio

Hello everyone, I've been registered for a while but have been preoccupied with life and projects in other categories. Over the last year I've been really interested in diving into TIG, metal shaping and am heading east with my son for a metal class this month to up my game.

I have ALWAYS wanted a roadster since I was little, even though I've had a few classics. (I put my Grandfather's racer back together in my avatar last year).

I have a 26/27 roadster body I've been bringing back to life recently. I was building it to put on a Model T chassis I have, but kept getting that nagging feeling that I won't be happy. Last night I acquired a nice '31 Model A chassis to go along with my collection of wheels and a stuck 59A and 8BA flathead I bought for $65 each.
    My build will be quite boring by HAMB standards, but will be something I've always wanted for myself.

Here's a bike I just completed which was my first exercise in real metal shaping(to practice on cars of course). I hope to learn a lot from you guys because I am roadster illiterate IMG_20170310_124159148_HDR.jpg Ir1.jpg !

2. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi & welcome. You have some nice projects there. My friend here locally has a T speedster similar to your avatar. It has the 4 cyl engine with Dual carb T adapter manifold and a different head & maybe different gearing, not positive on that. He has been tinkering & tuning on it lately to make it a better ride. We play dominoes at his house every other week and as soon as he finishes I am definitely hitting him up for a ride.
    He also has I think 10 different Model A's in different body styles.
    I can tell you that these things are an addiction for many and you will find welcome with yours here.
    When I was in my early 20's back in the early 1960's I got an urge for a Model A and bought 3 parts cars for a total of less than $150. I combined parts to make a 31 roadster and when nearly finished we bought our first house and it had only a 1 car carport and they just had to go. I traded the A stuff for a really good GMC truck which at that time was a good trade for me. Wish I had not done it now though. Guess I have gone thru a lot of old cars thru the years and sold & traded them off as back then they were not worth much anyway. There are several that I wish I still had now.
    Start a build thread on the general discussion board with photo's as we all enjoy that.
    Good luck with it all. Jimmie

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  3. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Welcome from Wisconsin! Gary:)

4. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

5. JC55

JC55
    from Ohio

Thanks guys! And thanks Jimmie. Yes the model T has a 28 Chevy head on a custom adaptor bolted to the T motor. She goes pretty good.

I still haven't completely figured out which way to go yet, but I'm determined to move forward.

6. Welcome to the Hamb. HRP