Register now to get rid of these ads!

Schedule of events HAMB drags?

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by pan-dragger, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Roothawg

Roothawg

If I could get my wristband etc beforehand, Carl would know we paid.

2. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

Women . . . :rolleyes: :p

3. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

c'mon sweetie......tell us what ya know..........

4. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Don't forget to add the AA convention at the hotel to your schedule of events! :D

Malcolm

5. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

Damn I was trying to forget those people, ...................makes for no parking if we get back early like last year......:cool:

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

She knows nothing... cuz I am still working on it... :)

7. vette man

vette man

Wish I could be there you people sound like you have a great time there !!!!!!!!!! Have fun and will you please drink some beer already!!

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

:eek: I know nothing cuz the boss is still working on it :eek:

:D

9. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

hopefully someone will know something soon. trying to figure out if i'm gonna make the 750mile journey.

10. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

Denise, if you find out and Ryan has not let the cat out of the bag, let us know.:D
    If we can get in the track earlier, I'm all for it. It is hard to talk to everyone, race, walk around and look and race some more in four or five hours.:mad:
    I have always thought this ought to be an all day event. If that is what the "boss" is working on, I will agree this year will be really rad!!:eek: :eek
    Pan-dragger, make the trip. I will be pulling a trailer 1300 miles one way, and it is going to take something drastic for me not to be there.
    This is the one "do not miss" event that I look forward to as soon as the track closes up Saturday night.

11. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Hey fellas... the total race time will remain the same (around 7 hours), but we are working on getting in the gates a earlier, starting the racing a little earlier, etc...

12. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

The date is set... you don't have to worry about that.

13. NoSurf

NoSurf

You should make the trip- you won't regret it...

There will be several groups of HAMBers from the Denver area coming out.

I wouldn't worry about any "schedule", the whole thing is pretty laid back. Just get to the Joplin Ramada and the rest is easy.

14. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

OK. . . i know that many MANY people here on the board, including myself have said "you HAVE to go... its a spiratual experiance that will change your life!" but once again i think its time to do just that for those who have never been and are riding the fence about making a pilgrimage to MOKAN. . .

1. Just the act of making your Ramada Inn reservation will give you bragging rights back home... you may now say in conversation with gear heads, "Yea fellas, I'm going to the HAMB Drags"
    2. you will become friends with a plethora of celbrities. . ."BobK called me today with my reservation #... of COURSE i know Bob, shit dont EVERYONE?"
    3. you begin to realize that the closer it gets to Drags time, the larger your genitals become. by the time you make a blast down the track on saturday, your balls will need thier own seat restraints.
    4. you come to the conclusion after watching everyone hang out in the parking lot (an experiance unto itself) that beer really IS a food group.
    5. all the hype is true, tire smoke CAN be a mind altering substance... just dont tell the DEA.
    in conclusion, going to the Drags will lower your bloodpressure, raise your HDL while lowering your LDL, increase your stamina, bring an end to world hunger, find osama bin laden, bring you straight to nirvana, make the blind see, bring world peace and increase your sperm count.

15. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

DAMN Fiddy!

Here I thought I was going to the drags just to hang out with a whole bunch of like minded people, take in all the cool cars, talk with all my old friends and all the new friends I have yet to meet.

All starts with the Thursday night mass arivial party. Then coolest trip to a real swap meet on Friday morning. Then there is THE Friday night BBQ and the comedy centrel session. There always seems to be some kind of thrash going on with a bunch of gearheads helping some one sort out some strange problem with their hot rod so they can race on Sat. Nothing like an open headered performance car firing up at 11:30pm and hearing the crowd chearing over top of the roar of the motor. Then Saturday morning cruise is always fun. The pilgrimage to the strip, the thrill of watching two cars dual side by side all the way down the quarter, and most not even caring that they are running 20 somethings. Or the real thrill when a pair of the HAMB rails running neck to neck, or seeing a few of the real historic vehicals clicking off 100 mph passes while still equipted with 50s tech. Then everyone makes sure everyone gets back to the host hotel where we remenise about the weekend activities with all of our friends and already begin looking forward to next year. Some people may have a beer or two, and many offer one, should a person be in need. Sunday morning is the worst day of the event because thats when you say good by to everyone and start that long trip back home.

If you can't decide if your going to the HAMB Drags or not, you have never been there. If you ever attend, that dicision is easy. Gene

16. I got chills reading those last two posts. See you soon my friends.

17. GARY?

GARY?

I'll be driving from Oregon. It is worth it.
    The trip to Speedweek will definately help too.:D

manx4me likes this.
  18. It looks like my co-pilot is canceling out on me due to medical problems, so I'll need to pay for the gas, rooms, etc. by myself, and have no-one to talk to on the trip (almost 800 miles one way). Am I still going? FUCK YES! If I end up eating twigs and bark, it'll still be worth it.

19. ratso575

ratso575

animal and I have been getting ready to make the journey to mokan ! :D
    surely there is a car freak out there that would like to make the trip , we just cant find one around here ..............:confused:

20. Gasserdriver

Gasserdriver

There's just one more thing that needs to be said about the HAMB drags at MOKAN.

When you pull in the gate at MOKAN your headed into a time wharp.

This place is unchanged since it opened in 1962. Last year as I pulled through the gate I told my daughter that I had been here in 1963 and now I am in my 60's and it hasent changed one bit.

Think for a minute about this place. Your racing on the same track that KS Pitman, Stone, Woods and Cook and a host of untold racing
    legends raced on. Your pitting on the same gravel they pitted on, your passing in front of the same tower thay raced in front of, your driveing up the same return road they did.

If there ever was a place to truly go back in time at, this is it.

I'll see everybody there, and I hope they let us in earlier than last year.

Fred

21. resto

resto

Hope to get a chance to visit, if I see any members at Springfield swap meet. I'll have a spot there on the east side parkin' lot by the fence. Look for horse trailer. No horses, just horsepower:)

22. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Wow - now THAT's cool. That history alone will send shivers of excitement down your spine!

Thanks for the extra info - young guys like me don't always know much (if any) of that history.

Malcolm

23. afaulk

afaulk

There's just not enough track time for me to pull from Alabama. Two full days would be just right for racers. Just not enough time at the track. Maybe you should just call it what it is, a social event. No offense intended but it's sure not much time for a drag race.

24. Roothawg

Roothawg

Afaulk, This thread is 10 years old.

As far as the drags go, it's not an organized race. It basically a test and tune for a group of like minded guys that want to see period correct race cars. There's no show money or payouts. It's just our happy place. No bracket cars to contend with. Just run what ya brung. It's a long way to haul from AL, but it's a lot of fun. If you are wanting to hot lap your car, probably not gonna happen. I would hope that you guys would come out and watch before you haul your car all that way, kinda see if it's what you want first.

25. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

And, just to kick more dust off of a 10 year old thread... If you are in Alabama, just DRIVE your car to the Drags. It is only 9 hours or so. If you want, I'll meet you in Birmingham and we can wagon train the rest of the way. Hope you like having a good time. If not, you might think about staying home.....

See you in August. -Abone.

zman likes this.
  26. afaulk

afaulk

As far as the thread being 10 yrs old, I didn't bring it back up. I just stated a fact. It's a social event, not a drag race. If that causes your ass to hurt, get some Preparation H. According to their ads it works great.

27. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Maybe because "H.A.M.B. Social Gathering and Fun and Grudge Drags" takes up to much room on a T-shirt.

28. Does this mean you won't be coming??

29. If you're looking for an NHRA points race, this ain't it. We actually have a few [very few] trophys but the HAMB drags is mostly drag racing to settle grudges, smack talking and seeing what your traditional hot rod will actually do in the 1/4 mile. We run a few purpose built race cars but they use technology from 64 and earlier...not really competitive with new race cars. The result is a lot of guys having fun with traditional cars.

afaulk likes this.
  30. afaulk

afaulk

OK, that response I understand and If it wasn't so far I'd love to make a couple of passes, hang out and chew the fat, drink a few beers later and the whole thing. Being that is is such a long drive for me, if it was a 2 day event it would be much better. Currently I'm building a new FED (with period looking wheels, etc.