Register now to get rid of these ads!

Parking on S. Congress

Discussion in 'The 2024 Lone Star Round Up' started by El Jefe, Mar 31, 2017.

1. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

Have any of you been to Austin lately and down on S. Congress any DAY or NIGHT of the week until after say 11:30pm or so? It's a nightmare when it comes to parking. That is one of the reasons we encourage folks to check out other parts of Austin like Top Notch, the Austin Speed Shop, the South Austin Brew Company and more. BUT, our dear friend at Home Slice Pizza at 1415 S. Congress have a small parking lot that they want to fill with only registered cars on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings the weekend of the LSRU. Not only to they have the best pizza in town, but will also have a bar set up in the parking lot to get a drink and walk around and look at what's parked there. There is another parking lot at next to where St Vincent De Paul used to be right up the corner south of the Continental Club and I heard some car club was securing it for parking also, so feel free to try that one also if you are down on S. Congress. Keep in mind that APD will be out on the street blocking the center turn lane from Riverside Dr to Oltorf so you can not make a left turn off of S. Congress between those two major intersections. It is a huge hassle, but that is what they choose to do, making traffic even more unbearable. If you wanna cruise S. Congress, my suggestion is wait until after midnight, when all the locals get fed up and go home and we get the street back. And better yet get to town on Wednesday and things are a little more civilized on Wed and Thurs on Congress and you can get a good feel of what it used to be like back during the early Round Ups. Looking forward to next week. The weather is going to be stellar. Bring your sun screen !!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  2. Speedbugy

Speedbugy

Thanks I will be there for sure. Love home slice hope I get a spot.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. Fuel to burn

Fuel to burn

Cruising Congress has been dead for a few years now but if you are gonna try it with a clutch use this route; I posted this several years ago but here it is again, the key is to always be coasting downhill.

Attached Files:

HunterYJ, LSGUN and rixtasan like this.
  4. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

My clutch foot still hurts from Congress traffic 5 years ago...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

pecker head likes this.