Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Massachusetts swap meet 2017

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nh-lead-man, Mar 29, 2017.

1. nh-lead-man

nh-lead-man

Anyone have the skinny on the outcome of all the BS over this swap meets fire works, noise partying and open fires. Is it a Go or NO. Always takes a few Yahoos to screw ever one over,. ITS a swap meet Not a F fest. Guys are there to make some spare cash or find parts for their rides. All these fools on motor bikes and that kind of SHIP should end. Throw their ASHES out the GATE.Real gear heads are DO NOT conduct themselves like this.

2. VTjunk

VTjunk

Which swap is this?

Sound like fun

3. mike bowling

mike bowling

Mansfield maybe ( Ex Tweeter Center) It's a 2 day event and sometimes gets a little over enthusiastic with some of the overnight guests.

Candia is starting up again- Castaway Farm, Donovan Rd.- 2nd Sunday each month starting in May, sunup till ???
    New England Dragway last Sunday each month starting April
    Fitchburg Airport ( Early Ford V-8 Club) April 23rd, 8-1pm, vendors in at 6am

mcnally351, 37 Millrat and gas pumper like this.
  4. VTjunk

VTjunk

What about Amherst? All I hear is mixed reviews. Worth going to? Worth vending at?

5. B Bay Barn

B Bay Barn

If NH lead man is referring to Mansfield Swap Meet:
    I'll try to get ahold of a friend from the sponsor, South Shore Antique Auto Club, he can give a more knowledgeable answer to us. The club was upset with the cost of the town required enlarged police presence. Net proceeds to the club after the costs of the event was making it futile to continue were the last words I had from the sponsor.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  6. B Bay Barn

B Bay Barn

The latest info about the Mansfield Swap Meet from the sponsor: It is still on for 2017. It is called Xfinity Center now. May 20 and 21 this year.

7. nh-lead-man

nh-lead-man

Thanks for the heads up. IT Is a good swap meet!!

8. mike bowling

mike bowling

Amherst NH Swap was closed for a couple of years after the owner died. The land was sold to a developer who ended up having to go through a lengthy permitting process and decided to re-open it last year- vendor space went from $30. to $50. and admission went from $5. to $10. bucks. A lot of the older vendors had relocated and didn't go back. A lot of cheap Yankees like me thought the guy was really giving people a fu#@ing and I never went back. He basically shot himself in the foot ( and wallet).

They WILL be opening, 2nd Sundays April to Oct. to avoid competing against the Dragway (as is the Candia "Castaway Farm" Swap who are opening 2nd Sunday in May)

9. VTjunk

VTjunk

I quit setting up there once everyone starting telling me how much stuff costs on ebay as a way to get it for less.

10. mike bowling

mike bowling

That works both ways- some vendors started refrencing E bay for prices and they were way out of line (more) than the stuff was going for in general. I've even had that happen at junkyards in NH and Maine