Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Rear Housing Width 9" Ford

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Falkengeist, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Where can a fella find a bronco rear end ?

2. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

I don't know about Ohio but in LA we have yards that specialize in Bronco parts including rear ends. They are not cheap but far less than Currie's $2,200.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Milesburg, PA.

4. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

I have a housing (at least that's what is marked on it), two things I don't like about it are, it has a ring gear hump on the back, I like the smooth ones. Also, the bearing cups have a different orientation, to make the backing plates level with the pinion turned up. It's got 76 Bronco in yellow marker, like a wrecking yard would do.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  5. Bob Labla

Bob Labla
    from mitten

I got mine from a guy in a 4x4/Jeep club.

6. panheadguy

panheadguy
    from S.E. WI

I have an early Bronco housing and axles PM if needed.

7. I used to work a couple of block away from SAC before they closed. Do you have any pics of that leaf set-up

8. Buckster

Buckster

I was at the Coker Cruise-In this weekend & saw a '40 Pickup whose rear tires fit nicely. I was told it had a Ford Ranger rear end.

9. Falkengeist

Falkengeist

I wanted to make a final post here and mention two things. First, John's Industries in Michigan sells a complete rear setup, including housing, center section, axles and 10" Ford drum brakes, a complete package for $1600. This is not a back yard operation as they supply Pete & Jakes, etc. Second, I wanted a centered rear. That eliminated using something directly from a Ford vehicle.

10. geoford41

geoford41
    from Delaware

My '40 pickup used CE set up in Rear with a 9" Granada rear I had 15 X 8" solids rear wheels that required spacers (1/2") to keep tires from rubbing (235 75 15) I would suggest 15 X 7" with standard offset
    My 40 coupe has the CE springs and a 8" Granada rear but since the wheel wells are different than a Pickup I could only use 15" X 6" rims on the rear again 235 75 15 tires 29" tall)