Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Anyone Using Flo-Tek Heads from Speedway Motors?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Smpoulin1, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Smpoulin1

Smpoulin1

Anyone using the Flo-Tek heads sold by Speedway Motors? Haven't found anything recent posted concerning these and would like some input.

Thank you.

2. trvguy

trvguy

3. trvguy

trvguy

I used them. No problems at all.

4. Smpoulin1

Smpoulin1

Thank you, have been seeing all kinds of bad press about assembled heads and it's good to hear from actual users.

5. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

I get ALL kinds in for me to CHECK over, and have not found anything WRONG with those, YET... some of the other chin a knock offs have been from surface warped to seats off a smidge, i just Blueprinted a 400.00 bare set (yes) 400.00 pair BARE, for a racer, and i was impressed (only by the price) you do get WHAT you pay for, he supplied the valves since i am a CROWER wd, i filled em up the rest of the way. So i'd say you should have then checked, over lightly, if not go for it bolt em on.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    loudbang likes this.
  6. Smpoulin1

Smpoulin1

Thank you for the info Henryj.

henryj1951 likes this.
  7. I was steered away from them by my engine builder, he mentioned the material in the valve seat area being too thin. I went with Dart SHP heads from Summit.