Register now to get rid of these ads!

History late 60's Omaha NE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by george kopchik, Jun 10, 2016.

1. george kopchik

george kopchik

Does anyone have any information on the '56 Chevy in the photo? IMG_0650.JPG

2. mlewis114

mlewis114
    from Omaha, Ne

I will check with some Omaha locals that are part of the Cornhusker Raceway facebook page. Sorry, I know this is an old thread...

3. There was an old strip out by Sapp Bros, I-80 and Giles Rd.. It is now owned by a concrete plant and the strip is still there under the mounds of gravel. With the overpass in the background of the above pic I am guessing that it was that track.

4. george kopchik

george kopchik

Thanks for the information. Do you know what the name of the strip was?

5. Cornhusker Raceway Park

cornhusker.jpg

6. george kopchik

george kopchik

Great. Thank you!
    Here is a picture from Dick Gordon himself I received today. This is in Dallas, TX. Won the race blowing the engine coming through the traps. Running low 12's 118-120mph.
    upload_2017-3-26_21-11-26.png

41 coupe likes this.
  7. sololobo

sololobo

Cornhusker Raceway was an awesome strip. I have an unpleasant memory however as my old buddy lost his life leaving there on his bike and a car pulled out in front of him on the first road south of there and he lost his life. But on a brighter side it was a tremendous facility.