Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Hexagon Tool intake what did you do for linkage, fuel line, ect

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ball and Chain, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Ball and Chain

Ball and Chain
    from Nor Cal

Anyone running one of these manifolds? what did you for linage and fuel lines with backwards carbs? Any pics of one of these on a car?

Thanks Kevin

2. Frank Carey

Frank Carey

There's one of these on a car in my area. I saw it earlier this year. I don't remember linkage, etc. but he'll likely be at an event next week so I'll take pics and ask questions. I remember him telling me the car was hard to drive because on hard braking the float bowl sloshes into the venturis and floods. Is that believable?

3. I have seen guys shortin their pedal shaft so it is on the drivers side. You can still use the throttle on pass. Side also. You just hook up to first carb and run a shaft on other side to link both carbs together. I have a friend that has one hanging on the wall and I stare at it ever time I'm at his shop. Pretty neat. He says they did that so the generator still would fit.

4. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Doodlrodz on here had one a few years ago for his car, according to Dickster, 97's are the best as the 94's will cause flooding issues because the carbies are backwards on the Hexagon intake.
    [​IMG]

LOU WELLS likes this.

5. Ball and Chain

Ball and Chain
    from Nor Cal

That would be great Frank!

Thats kinda what I was thinking, running them on the hand throttle side.

Im running two 81s as the rest of the motor is stock besides headers.

[​IMG]

6. van Dyck

van Dyck

Never seen 94s oriented that way!

7. redbeard

redbeard

image.jpeg

I just welded a small tab on the stock gas pedal arm. Then used the type of linkage usually used for progressive 3x2 on the back carb. Normal linkage from there. If you zoom in on the pic you can see it.
    It pulls below the carb which turns into forward motion above the throttle shaft.
    The fuel line also shows in the pic.
    Not saying it's the best solution but you can at least see a working example

LOU WELLS and mgtstumpy like this.
  8. Ball and Chain

Ball and Chain
    from Nor Cal

Thats Perfect! Thanks Dave!