Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Hipsters ruin everything

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lodaddyo, Mar 4, 2017.

1. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I miss rod and custom threads, and not passive-aggressive personally judgmental threads. Although, they can be quite illustrative of the narrow affinities of those who chose to post negatively on them.

Phillips, quick85, Just Gary and 3 others like this.
  2. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

Jeez. Im sorry i posted this. All i was trying to say is that it was sad that someone drilled a
    Hole through a somewhat rare wheel cover and made a clock out of it. Moderators you can delete this thread.

3. ..................Don't take it too seriously. I think some posters were just having a little fun with you, some may not understand the rarity of Lyon wheelcovers and some probably just don't care. It's all good. At least we got to see some very creative work by a few individuals that we may not have seen if you hadn't posted. Everyone has an opinion.:)

Dino 64, chevy57dude, Hnstray and 4 others like this.
  4. Not the tatts and beard that make the hipster. (The dude in the pic is just modeling clothes for a job, but if that's him at home then he's a hipster) I don't know you, but I suspect your work boots are worked, you don't spend an hour each day on your hair and $2500 on an outfit. Maybe I'm wrong.

In some ways I'm a hipster, as ridiculous as one for sure. If I'm gonna live outside the box, I at least need to have a sense of humor about myself. Anyone that takes themselves too seriously can't be trusted.

There's only about 2000 other threads discussing splitting wishbones, cross members, carbs, welding. Those are great to read. I'm definitely learning a lot of things I don't know. Not everyone does this for a career, that would be a small club. I just scroll right on by the threads I don't care about. I don't mind jokes. YOU make a lot of jokes.

Besides, a lot of people are interested in this thread, there having fun, showing off their "car art". Talking shit. Connecting. I'm sure someone will come on any moment and shut it down.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  5. Don't be so upset about a few hub caps, I ruined an entire car!

Seriously, there is always someone that is going to have something negative to say.

6. I dislike the judgmental threads myself but instead of ignoring them I try and throw a little humor in the mix. Maybe even take the side of the minority whether I agree or not. As clunker said you can't take yourself too seriously.

7. ...........................................or the rest of the world for that matter.:D;)

Dino 64, seadog, clunker and 3 others like this.
  8. slowmotion

slowmotion

Dunno about no hipsters, but you guys gave me a helluva good idea for a garage clock!
    [​IMG]
    I've had one of these hanging on the wall for ages, & I won't even have to ruin it to turn it into a functional piece of fancy-ass time-art! (maybe some hipster will come along and offer a swap for his Rolex :eek:)

9. Bob Labla

Bob Labla
    from mitten

Not a hubcap, but I made this old wheel into a shop clock out of necessity. Go tired of squinting at a normal clock. GEDC0817.JPG

10. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

Now that I like! I could use a big'n like that too!

11. Mikel50

Mikel50

This is the clock I made from the Banjo Wheel. Easy enough to take the numbers off.
    I moved it into the house because I liked it so much...modified the 40 horn button to make it work with the early banjo.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

Man what a waste of good parts. All to count down the time till you Return to the dirt

13. blackout78666

blackout78666

I can't believe I read this whole thread

14. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't see an issue. The problem I would have would have been finding the "Hipster" with a set of four converted to clocks. I think about my Dad's hubcap collection, ONE of a ton of each. I mean he has a Mustang, a Vette, a Lincoln, etc. etc. etc. Now I know there is someone out there that would love to have any one of them. But how would I find that one guy for that one hubcap. Convert it to a clock and the market has gone from a handful to millions.

15. C'mon, it kept you out of trouble for 15 minutes, that's worth something. A piano might have fallen from the roof if you had walked out the door instead, at that very moment, who knows.

16. Mikel50

Mikel50

I spend so much time working on my car and have such a passion for hotrods and cars in general, it's nice to have some things in the house to enjoy.
    This is my magazine holder for the important room in the house ... am I entering hipster territory ?
    [​IMG]

17. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

funny stuff about the bearded hipster in skinny jeans and boots without any scuff marks... here is the club T shirt. guess hipsters don't want the ladies touching thier hipster beard.
    [​IMG]

18. Wasn't it Huey Lewis that sang "It's hip to be square"?

I'm actually impressed with some of the work you guys have posted. HRP

lothiandon1940 and Mikel50 like this.
  19. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

20. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Fuck it who cares! Some resto guy thinks you're fucking up cars! Geebus.

clunker and nochop like this.
  21. Well I am not a hipster but I got one moon disc that I am going to make a clock out of.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  22. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

I like that too !

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  23. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

lets make Nochop in to a clock

24. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

I've got two Deusenberg con rods. I bet they came from the same car.

Sent from my SM-G935F using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

25. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

[​IMG]
    I made a lid for my trash can out of this Studebaker hubcap.

[​IMG]
    And wall lights for the staircase out of these 57 Ford hubcaps.

[​IMG]
    Early Ford V8 hubcaps make nice rosettes for ceiling lights. These are reproductions though.

Sent from my SM-G935F using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

26. Terrible80

Terrible80

27. I put Hipsters in the same file as these guys!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  28. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

I love that video, made by friends of mine, and there may or may not be intentional resemblance to others we know in it as well.

Robert J. Palmer likes this.
  29. What? What? I don't get it LOL
    (probably went over the heads of a few)
    ( nice work)