Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1949 Ford Tudor Sedan

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by VoodooChile, Feb 25, 2017.

1. VoodooChile

VoodooChile

City: New Orleans

State: Louisiana
    Price: $7,500
    Price Drop - $6,900 OBO

1949 Ford Tudor Sedan

This is the cleanest unrestored 1949 Ford I've ever seen. Straight-6 runs and drives fine, tracks straight and stops well. This car is equipped with overdrive. No rust, older repaint that shines up well. Unchopped, unmolested, still 6V.

This car was purchased to be featured on the second season of "Big Easy Motors" on the History Channel, but alas, there won't be a second season. My loss is your gain.
    PM or e-mail [email protected] for questions.

VIDEO OF ENGINE RUNNING:

***Delivery possible within a few hundred miles of New Orleans***
    Note: Most of the pics taken in Colorado.

The good:
    • Straight six runs like a sewing machine
    • Transmission is perfect. Clutch has not been visually inspected, but it feels newer - long pedal engagement, no chatter, drives great and shifts smooth.
    • Brakes satisfactory, no leaks or pulsations.
    • Doesn't overheat, even in 95 degree high-humidity New Orleans weather.
    • No rust on body at all. Older paintjob with only skimcoat bondo on lower quarters. Checked with magnet and there are no surprises on this car.
    • The interior blue color is the original. Trunk floor is immaculate and still wears the factory overspray and sound deadener. No rust under carpet, rock-solid floorpan.
    • Car is equipped with overdrive.
    • All windows are good, no cracks, all functional.
    • Brand new 6V battery from NAPA.
    • Body straight as an arrow. No dents or dings on the body that I can find.
    • Interior is all original and intact except for headliner. Headliner bows present. Interior window moldings present.
    • New tires.
    The bad:
    • Overdrive is not functioning (likely the solenoid or relay).
    • Typical 1949 door latch issues. Door close straight and solid but don't latch well.
    • Typical 1949 hood hinge issues. Hinges are a weak design for this year. You need to pull the hood towards you as you open it, or the rear hood lip will rub the cowl. Paint chipping on the rear hood lip. Previous owner included better hinges (Lincoln?). Uninstalled.
    • Trunk latch mechanism is missing. Only thing I can find "missing" on entire car.
    • Wiring is pretty thrashed. Starting, charging and ignition work fine (runs like a top), but gauges, lights and accessories do not work. If you intend to convert to 12 volts, this wouldn't matter anyway. Previous owner added a toggle switch for the ignition. Pushbutton starter still works fine.
    • **UPDATE 3-8-2017 - while taking additional pics of the undercarriage, I found two sheetmetal patches that I didn't notice previously. Both are in the front floor pans, one on the drivers side and one on the passenger side. Both are riveted in from the top side with what appears to be seam sealer. They don't look pretty from below, but are rock solid. Drivers side is about 6" x 6", and passenger side is about 12" x 8". Price has been lowered accordingly.
    The ugly:
    • Dents and dings on front and rear bumpers and grille bars. Still shiny but could use straightening and re-chrome.
    • As mentioned earlier, paint chipping on the rear hood lip.
    • As mentioned earlier, no headliner, but bows and garnish moldings are intact.
    Again, this is overall the cleanest unrestored 1949 Ford Tudor Sedan I have ever seen.
    SHOEBOX 1.jpg SHOEBOX 2.jpg SHOEBOX 3.jpg SHOEBOX 4.jpg SHOEBOX 5.jpg SHOEBOX 6.jpg SHOEBOX 7.jpg SHOEBOX 8.jpg SHOEBOX 9.jpg SHOEBOX 11.jpg

PM or e-mail [email protected] for questions or video of engine running.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    tein1957 and cpldale like this.
  2. VoodooChile

VoodooChile

BTT - added embedded video of engine running.

3. VoodooChile

VoodooChile

BTT - added previously unnoticed floor patches and lowered price - now $6,900 OBO

4. VoodooChile

VoodooChile

5. VoodooChile

VoodooChile