Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Blown Flathead engineproject

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by AULIZ, Jun 21, 2014.

1. AULIZ

AULIZ

Yes Sir! Very good. I Need to order that Adapter. I have nothing else to order there, but I need it.

Thank You very much.

loudbang likes this.
  2. Us Finns gotta take care of one another! LOL

v-v and loudbang like this.
  3. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I just hope your using the right lower water hoses. They are hard to come by in the states. I heard every one is getting them from some cool guy in Finland

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Mika123 and loudbang like this.
  4. AULIZ

AULIZ

Video. Not good quality, but "free".

22dec advance in Harman Collins magneto.
    Cabs are not work good, need to work with engine days.... No oil or water leaks.

Not so good sound in video, but I cant make better with Samsung G5 hiphop -phone.

aulis

mgtstumpy and loudbang like this.
  5. Sounds FIN-TASTIC.... I can hear it good. Sounds like a winner to me. Great job.

loudbang likes this.
  6. Looking and sounding great - wonderful job! I'm not sure how good your gas is over there, but I think 22 degrees is a bit much . . . you'll need to take it out and really check the plugs for detonation under load. I'd think you need to be closer to 18 or so (which is what I used to run). Let us know what timing you end up with - after road testing.. Really cool that you've got the new engine in it. :)

loudbang likes this.
  7. loudbang

loudbang

Sounds good and the video worked just fine.

8. AULIZ

AULIZ

Thank You Sirs. I agree and will turn smaller advance. There is so much to do with engine and that is one of those "easy jobs".

Video must make outside, but we have still snow there. Outside microphone is work better and sound is more original.
    I like that Blower whistle.

Our gas is TOP quality. Of course all are lead free. I use 98oct Finnish NESTE brand.
    Compression ratio is nearly 8.5:1. Blower is round "underdrive".

Tomorrow I change another pair stromberg 48. Radiator need to paint etc etc.
    Radiator is not this car original. This one what I use now, is from Project 5w coupe. Upper outlets are better angle for this combination.

Aulis

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    loudbang likes this.
  9. solidaxle

solidaxle
    from Upstate,NY

Hey Aulis,

Sounds good. I see you are not using a pop off valve on the intake. It will save from damaging the motor when it coughs. H&H Flathead sells them, I think under $100 US, good insurance.
    On the front left hand side there is a chrome round top on the intake, is that a breather ?

loudbang likes this.
  10. AULIZ

AULIZ

Thanks.
    I have pop off valve. Right side of the intake.

You´r right. crome tube + cup is breather.
    I think its enough if have two breather in upstairs. I didn´t drill breather hole to my oilpan.

aulis

loudbang likes this.
  11. solidaxle

solidaxle
    from Upstate,NY

Ok , It looked like a block off plate. Mine is taller and you can see the spring.

I was trying to figure a way to measure boost without drilling and tapping a hole, any ideas?

loudbang likes this.
  12. AULIZ

AULIZ

there is in my italmeccanica intake , between blower and fuel pump stand, brass bolt. 1/4 NPT thread ready for gauge.

I have try to find nice old style S&W or another brand boost gauge.

loudbang likes this.
  13. qzjrd5

qzjrd5
    from Troy, MI

Sure is a nice project you have there Auliz. Why don't you respond to your PM's?

14. AULIZ

AULIZ

Yes I read PM.

OFF TOPIC:

Today come home from 3days business trip.
    Just Picked up from my Postoffice rad.hose shipment which has returned from USA.
    I have send 250-300 radi.hose shipment to USA and this one was 1st returned.

I have to pay return costs, that is not good, because I was write Your address totally right!!

Now I have lost this shipment profit, but I do not care.
    If You want those hoses; You need to send me new address. Not Your address, They do not find that address (maybe Your area USPS personel can´t read?).

A

loudbang likes this.
  15. qzjrd5

qzjrd5
    from Troy, MI

Auliz,
    I'd rather carry on this conversation in a PM instead of your build thread, but since you are not responding to my PM's, I guess I'll respond here.

I have checked the address I provided to you, it is my correct address. I receive mail every day from the post office, so I don't understand either (assuming you have put the proper address on the box as you say you have) why it never made it to my home.

I really have no need for the hoses I purchased from you now. Its been six months (payment sent in October 2016) since I sent you my payment. You have not been responsive to my numerous PM's (eleven PM's since 29NOV without a response), so I figured I'd never see the hoses I've ordered from you. I've found an alternative solution.

I'd rather just have a refund at this time. I can provide you my paypal account info.

16. Hi qzjrd5,
    sorry to hear your experience about this auliz, but I am afraid you are not alone with that asshole behavior.
    I know this case because this guy is my landman , in difference that I am living in capitol and he somewhere
    in the woods(cave).Anyway he is doing this same thing here with my fellow rodders , doing biiig hype with
    his hot rod parts store , adding pictures from his store shelfs full of stuff and advertising" it is Big Sale".
    Then guys needing parts e-mailing ,pm , dm, calling him .He at fist answers once and promises this and that,
    but then no answer even you try over forever . I don't know ,what's the problem, I am not the doctor , maybe I should ;-).What I know he has burnt his bridges to local and even to Swedish hot rodders and they have started
    to order parts overseas by themself ,which is understandable . He has started to blame these self orderers,
    that they drive his business down , and won't understand he has araised the whole situation alone by himself.
    I am very sorry for you.
    Helsinki

17. AULIZ

AULIZ

1) Helsinki man = no name = You must be man without balls. Sorry, You can buy Your hot rod parts, from Moscow or order from USA. This is free market economy. But You still know that I have biggest stock in north-europe and my prices are lowest in North-Europe. Still turnover is 100K , if You are worried about that. and of course hot rod parts selling is my hobby. I have good dayjob what I have done 12years after coming back from California to Seinäjoki. Why You do not start to sell hot rod parts, I can buy from You !!! Its so easy to come and talk shit without name. Sorry, but Finland we have also those idiots = man with out balls.

2) Everybody has get their stuff. Here in Finland I send stuff first, and invoice is send after that By Email. Fair?! Yes it is.

3) I have send those hoses 440-460 times = 440-460 customers all over world. Mostly to USA. This is first time shipment was never go to its destination. On the way from 20th of October 2016 to 17th of March 2017. = 5 months. But I have send those like I have promised, AT TIME !

4) Now Im waiting for that Michael tell me another address, where to send this shipment again. Im not send to this address anymore, too much costs for me to pay shipment, return costs many times. 75.00usd shipping, 60usd return, 75usd 2nd shipping. These hoses are also hobby for me = Im not make bankrupty, if I pay another 75usd shipping cost. No no. Many "finnish man without balls", hope that I make bankrupty. I wish them good luck !!!

AULIS
    www.auliz.fi
    -biggest hot rod shop in North-Europe
    -hot rod parts for real hotrodders who have name and balls

loudbang likes this.
  18. AULIZ

AULIZ

Now Ryan can close all my topics and my account.

Im so fucking tired these "no name" writers shit.
    Real hot rodders know me and my hot rod shop. I sell them, send stuff like I have done 12years value 1,5-2,0 million euros.

It´s better that I do not write anymore about my projects and hot rod parts. Finland we have those "one finger men" who are never do something what can be mentioned, but they are opinion for all what they see or hear.

I have send mail to Ryan, hope he cut all my topics and also my account.

Michael From MI USA --> I need address, I send once again Your shipment to Your friend Company, just tell me address.

AULIS
    www.auliz.fi

19. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Sorry AULIS, sad to see you go and your content is outstanding. Gary:(

loudbang likes this.
  20. loudbang

loudbang

Wait overnight until you cool down a bit before deciding to leave.

21. elgringo71

elgringo71

I really enjoyed watching your build thread and would hate to see you leave but this isn't about me it's about you.

loudbang likes this.
  22. Hey Aulis, just relax and don't let the 'haters' get to yah. You've been a good solid guy on this site - we've enjoyed the interactions and your builds, so just ignore the BS stuff. I've never seen you be negative or pissing on other's shoes - so I have no problem with you in the least.

Also, this site is NOT the place to air all one's grievances and dirty laundry with others -- pickup the phone, deal with each other offline, keep it professional and positive on this site -- that is what we're all here for - period.

Ryan should not have to spend any time being fricking 'Judge Judy' between a bunch of grown up (hopefully) adults.

Take the high road and always stay there . . . those who don't want to act that way, will soon be removed anyway.

D

loudbang likes this.
  23. No matter what business your in or what/how you build your cars there will always be haters and talkers. Don't let it bother you. Just be a good business man and kick them in their little balls when time comes. Other than that give em the middle finger. If your doing good then screw them. We love seeing your cars and the videos so stay here and keep throwing in their faces. I still want to see more videos so please stay around.

loudbang likes this.
  24. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Well,i have to say this that you know who i am and what i stand for.I am not a nameless/jealous keyboard commando who trashes people in internet.
    But i think your business could be a lot better in this country,if you dont treat people like shit.
    Remember the hatemail you sent me?:rolleyes:
    There are always two sides of the stories you read,just saying..

25. I´ve bought a lot of parts from Auliz and everything was absolute correct!
    But let`s remember: this tread is about a BLOWN FLATHEAD ENGINE PROJECT

loudbang likes this.
  26. christmas tree

christmas tree

Not a dime in this but I do not like assholes who post in that manner.

loudbang and paintslinger805 like this.
  27. qzjrd5

qzjrd5
    from Troy, MI

I sent Aulis a PM with this content yesterday. Just want a solution, don't want him kicked off the HAMB, or to leave, or whatever. That was never my intention. I've tried to resolve this with numerous PM's (dating back to late November 2016) prior to posting on this thread where I finally received a response from him.

"Aulis,

I will give you a choice to avoid additional shipping cost for you and me the problem of selling hoses that I do not need.

1) Assuming shipping is $75, and I originally sent you $270. Can you refund me $195 USD in Paypal instead? Paypal address is XXXXXXXXX

or

2) Re-ship the hoses to the following address (which is a different address):
    XXXXXXXXXX

Please let me know what you decide.
    Mike"

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  28. christmas tree

christmas tree

Is it possible he left your zip code off?

29. AULIZ

AULIZ

It´s 1year ago, when I got ready this Italmeccanica supercharger engine. I had some problems with bearings, King main bearings were packed wrong. 2pc 010 size, 1pc 020 size (crank is 010 size). I fixed engine during summer, and drive more than 1500miles, total. Autumn problems again. many head studs were come up. I bolted heads off and try to fix problem with helicoil threads, but result was not so good. When I built engine, I installed several helicoils. Block feels like very hard. Not easy to drill old thread and not easy to make new thread for helicoil.

Before winter I piece engine and slowly I have fixed block in my friends machinery shop. We have bored nearly all threads off and make big 3/4" unc thread + glue (loctite 270) piece of 3/4"unc bolt to all of those.

After that we have bored new hole and make new thread. Last job , we have grind decs.
    Big job, over 100hours, but I think this is good way to save block. It´s so expensive to make new block and takes 2weeks to do all....
    Need to buy good block. Bore and hone it. port In and Ex runners, seat jobs etc.

Tomorrow I start to put all together.... Long day and engine is ready, (again).

Aulis

30. AULIZ

AULIZ

and Troy, MI has got his rad hoses. I paid new shipment , after UsPs never leaved shipment to destination.

Sometimes, feels stupid if shipping companies in US are full of people who can´t read or write.

After all mess, somebody is wrote here that "aulis" has made all wrong....Shit, I have never take anybodys money and disappeared, but I cant be also shipping company in USA.Who is so stupid that makes "disappearing" , if total sum is smaller than few million euro.
    AH