Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1937 Ford Cabriolet Custom

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by 2tall2beahotrodder, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

I wouldn't mold the rear fenders, or the fronts either for that matter, to the body. You start limiting your options when you take that step. If I was buying it, it would be worth less with fenders welded on.
    JMHO... your car, build it to suit you.
    Keep workin'
    Al

2. To me welded fenders say " fully committed Custom". Do what you like. That being said mine will be detachable.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. I knew you were on here somewhere. Much more detailed than Instagram

4. thecrazed(k)666

thecrazed(k)666

any updates....nice work ....

5. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Really cool project, I'm building a 37 coupe so have a soft spot for 37's. Your metal work is really nice.
    An off topic question, how did you mount that beam in your shop? I've been wanting to hang one in my garage, was thinking of mounting it off the header from my bonus room.
    Cool build, following along for sure![​IMG]

catdad49 and Pinstriper40 like this.
  6. Sorry fellas, no real progress in the past month or so. I have been block sanding the altered and prepping it for paint in a few weeks. Trying to finish one before I jump on the 37 full steam..

Did pick up a 54 olds rocket though, still trying to hunt down a transmission... Any leads on a hydromatic would be great!

7. Its mounted from the header with 5 or 6 notched 2x6's on each side.. not sure if it was installed correctly but it does the trick ( was already installed when I bought the house)

8. Eric H

Eric H

Amazing work.

9. Wow it's been awhile... Built a TROG car between the last update. Luckily I'm back on the 37.
    I bought a great donor which had a perfect frame and a lot of parts. Started patching the cowl, posts and did some more fender work on the driver side rear fender. I graphed two different dashes as well...

Attached Files:

catdad49, Squablow and kidcampbell71 like this.
  10. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I'm glad you sectioned it. I think the proportions are much nicer than a stock '37.
    Since you haven't done the door tops yet, have you considered doing it as a roadster rather than a cab? '37 roadsters are hen's teeth, and you wouldn't have to mess with rollup windows!

11. Go man go.....where's kid Campbell 71 to give me an amen!!!!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  12. cretin

cretin

I just found this thread, and I like where this is headed. Nice work.

13. fryguy

fryguy

Steve, how are you making out on this? Everything looks great up to here so far!

14. I need to stop building silly single seaters!! After im finished with my ladys racer, ill get back on it..

catdad49 likes this.
  15. Squablow

Squablow

Never saw this build before but really beautiful work. I agree that the sectioning really brings the proportions together and the metalwork is impressive. Plus it's always fun to see extremely rough cars get saved, and this one certainly qualifies! Looking forward to seeing more of this in the future.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  16. IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0101.jpg I built these since then..

catdad49, kidcampbell71 and Squablow like this.
  17. mrquickwhip

mrquickwhip

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg These pics are for you 2Tall....hope they load on here. Hood is 47in across at rear points. From front of hood to v at rear of hood is 41in from front of hood to rear of dip at side is 20in and its 1in deep. I hope that makes sense.
    Bob in Scotland image.jpeg

catdad49 likes this.