Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Steve Lang ( Langy) RIP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Davyj, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Davyj

Davyj

It is sad to hear that Steve Lang, British hot rod builder and machinist was beaten by the Cancer he has been fighting for the last year. A true master of the machine shop, his Willy's builds and his roadster build kept many entertained on here for years.......
    He will be missed........... DSCF0708.JPG DSCF0708.JPG DSCF0699.JPG DSCF0693.JPG

OahuEli, mgtstumpy, Kroombit and 2 others like this.
  2. Davyj

Davyj

The pics were from a visit I had with him last year. It was great hearing stories and going for lunch with the metal master...........prayers and thoughts for family and friends...........

3. 40LUV

40LUV
    from Mid Jersey

Such horrible news! His builds were the best. :(

studeboy, mgtstumpy and Kroombit like this.
  4. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This came out of right field and knocked me on my ass! I was always impressed by his work. Very sorry to hears this, he will be sorely missed.

mgtstumpy and Kroombit like this.

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I haven't been around the HAMB lately because the cars I am currently working on are too new, but I wanted to check in and mention about Steve's passing. My one son called tonight to tell us this horrible news. We have known he was not doing well at all, and was in quite a bit of pain.

Steve and Sue were simply the nicest couple anyone would want to know. They would visit the States every year or two, and we would get to spend some time with them. It was always a real joy, and we will miss those visits. Steve was a unique individual, and Sue was so very good for him, and vice versa. We always kept some cider in the fridge for Steve, and he loved to visit our shop and shoot the breeze.

Our prayers go out for Sue in this really tough time for her. They were inseparable. They have been slowly liquidating Steve's shop and his cars, in preparation for this outcome. I have not spoken to either of them for a while, and I hope that has gone well, to make it easier on Sue.

RIP, Mate. You are certainly going to be missed by so many of us. We will toast you with a cider because all of us are better for having known you.

6. Condolences to his family, he will be missed immensely. R.I.P. Langy.

7. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

This is so saddening. His builds were phenomenal and he truly loved what he did.
    My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

8. Jethro

Jethro
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've long admired his craftsmanship and attention to detail. Our community lost another brother. Condolences to all who knew him RIP!

9. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

I have been a Langy fan for years now. I will certainly miss him here on the HAMB. RIP Langy and may God comfort your family during this time.

Blue One, mgtstumpy and Kroombit like this.
  10. R.I.P. Steve, You will be missed by all.

mgtstumpy likes this.
  11. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Never met you, but I always enjoyed reading your build threads and admired your skills... RIP.

12. Deeply shocked, R.I.P. Steve . condolences to his family and friends.

13. This news of his passing is a shock, I knew he was sick but he was just here Wednesday posting. RIP and Godspeed Steve, our prayers are with his family

14. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

he was a master builder..........RIP Steve

15. Talented, creative guy. This online world brings together folks who'd otherwise never get a chance to meet and mingle. While I've enjoyed his builds and advice it's his sense of humor that will be missed even more. Do well Sue.

Speedwrench and rat bastad like this.
  16. What a bummer. I never met him personally, but did correspond via PM with him a bit. Seemed like a real genuine guy, and was always willing to share information.

He'll be missed. RIP Steve.

17. flamingokid

flamingokid

18. Crap! RIP Langy

19. Surely a loss. Rest Well.

20. Roothawg

Roothawg

21. redoxide

redoxide

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Anne-Josey

In memory of Steve

Collection in Steves name for Prostate cancer ... Target was modest, lets smash it for Steve.. He gave a lot

Its nothing to do with me, I knew Steve and he was always helpful, when I saw the giving link It occurred to me that as a tribute the hot rod community might want to annihilate the target :)

22. Always enjoyed Steve's posts here on the H.A.M.B. ... especially his Deuce Roadster build threads:

Langy\'s DEUCE.jpg

My condolences to his friends & family ...

... R.I.P. @langy :(

droppedstepside likes this.
  23. Just saw this....Very sad....Rest in peace Steve..

24. Asphalt Demon

Asphalt Demon
    from Australia

Oh fuck!talented man.condolences to his close friends and family,i always admired his work Johnny

25. koolkemp

koolkemp

26. Król

Król

Thoroughly enjoyed his build threads. They will be missed, a master machinist. RIP Mr. Lang!

27. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I didn't know him but enjoyed his builds. I heard this song on my way to the office this morning, stuck in my head.

"...Surely heaven waits for you,
    Carry on my wayward son,
    There'll be peace when you are done.
    Lay your weary head to rest,
    Don't ya cry no more" -Kansas

28. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Fits perfectly Billy, this is what we wish for all our "family", close or otherwise.
    Thanks for helping break the ice as these things don't get any easier even as we get older.
    Steve was such a talented guy and with myself also being a machinist, I hung on every entry from him, especially all his hand whittled parts.
    Only had a couple PM's with Steve, wish there had been more.
    I stayed away from this because this whole discussion is painful having so much cancer in my family history.
    Rest easy Brother Steve, see you on the other side.

29. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Godspeed, Langy...I too was a fan.

30. I didn't know the man-but enjoyed seeing his work-Always sad to see the talent leave us
    RIP