Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical General kinetics cams ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by harley rider, Mar 15, 2017.

1. harley rider

harley rider

thinking about buyin a General kinetics retrofit hy. roller cam. it is on ebay. can anyone tell me anything about them. all I can find about general kinetics is that they are trade marked by Lunati.

2. 6-71

6-71

I used them in a couple of hot rods back in the 70's.Bill"Grumpy" Jenkins used them exclusively in his race cars.

3. Just saw a few this weekend at an auction of Booth and Aaron's speed shop....they built some bad stuff out of there!

4. harley rider

harley rider

I know of there past .I am trying to find out about them today.

5. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

My guess is, very little to no connection. In the seventies when they were a player, Harold Brookshire was going their race masters. Last I heard about ten years ago, they were a provider for the cheapo rebuilder market. I guess with seventies nostalgia coming on Comp must have figured it was a marketable name and bought the rights to it? Pretty sure the same parent co. owns Lunati and Comp now. My guess is that's why you are seeing Lunati turn up in magazine dyno tests sometimes now.
    [​IMG]

6. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC