Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Prayers needed for fellow HAMB'r Zapato

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chavezk21, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

He can look at stuff, but he cannot reply as of yet.

2. Thanks for your reply, and your efforts in keeping us updated.

Alonso, I hope in reading this thread, seeing all who are wishing you well, helps in your recovery.

Its great to read how many Hambers around the globe have been part of your Hamb life.

Here's a pic I took two nights ago, by the river mouth.
    Our Winters on the way, which means your Summer is coming.
    IMG_20170307_201944.jpg

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  3. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

This is my update from today. I am saddened by this because when the inevitable happens I am truly going to miss my friend. I recieved the following text from Denise a bit ago: Dearest friends and family, I want to let you know that my wonderful, brilliant, amazing husband and I have reached the decision to discontinue cancer treatment, and to place him in hospice care. My sweet man is tired and ready to let his life run its course. Our most heartfelt thanks to all of you for you prayers and loving thoughts. Please continue to keep us, Meghann and her family in your prayers.

Sent from my SM-N920V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. Hospice is a wonderful organization,they treat every patient with dignity and comfort the family & friends also.

Choosing to discontinue treatment means there will be some quality in life and not being sick Due to the massive chemo therapy.

My heart goes out to the family & friends,remember God works in mysterious ways and all of you are in my prayers. HRP

1956 F100, kiwijeff, Blue One and 2 others like this.
  5. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

HRP thank you!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Continued heartfelt thoughts to Al and his family and friends. May peace and love be with you and continued goodwill to you in your journey.

Regards,
    Stogy

kiwijeff and Chavezk21 like this.
  7. WxGal

WxGal

Hi all,

I haven't used the HAMB at all, since Al basically did it for us -he was helping my husband rebuild a '42 Ford. They developed a great friendship. Al and Denise are the best; and my husband and I are so lucky to have made their friendship. This is a heartache, as it must be for all of you, since you were his community. I am going to miss our long days in the garage, and if the Ford is ever finished, maybe we will tuck a photo of Al in the cab for posterity.

Attached Files:

• Al.jpg
      Al.jpg
      File size:
      185.6 KB
      Views:
  8. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

Love that pic. The truck will get done someday. Al talked about working on that truck. I think that is the pickup that I gave Al a .50 cal ammo can to devise into a master cylinder cover. I would love to see it someday.

9. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

x1000 - Al & Denise & Family - Peace Be With You

Chavezk21 likes this.
  10. Geezz I just hate this kind of stuff. At my age it seems to be all around me. I don't remember what year it was when I met Al, some 25-30 years ago. We met through a mutual friend. Right off Al offered his help and knowledge on a project at that time. We are both Ford guys so that helped. We often would see each other at local Swap Meets, talk a good bit and always say let's get together soon. Well that's kind of like a round-to-it, how often do ya? Not nearly enough. We did get together last Summer while Al was helping another Friend with a flywheel issue. Again we planed on lunch soon then I heard about this. Sad, just plain Sad. What a grate guy and friend and I really regret not taking the time to Burger up as planed. They say Time is the only thing you can't replace. That's not true. Good Friends are like Time, never enough and never can be replaced. Al if your reading this my hat's off to you for the courage to make this tough choice. I wish you peace and comfort in the time left and to be surrounded by those that Love you. You will be missed in may ways by many people.
    The Wizzard

11. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Wow, this is not the kind of news that we had hoped to hear. While I have not met Al, we have interacted here on the Hamb and in that fashion developed a sort of friendship that is common to our shared passion while members of the Hamb forum family.
    If you are reading this Al, I hope you will take comfort in knowing that Jan and I will pray for you and that God's goodness will embrace you wherever your journey takes you.
    One day I know we will share a bench racing session.
    Larry in Alberta.

Chavezk21 likes this.
  12. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Al, I have also never met you, and I am certain that is my loss. I will be looking forward to meeting you some day. God be with you and your family.

Chavezk21 likes this.
  13. Sad...Al, I hope your remaining days are pain free and as pleasant as possible. I feel richer for knowing you.

Chavezk21 likes this.
  14. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

Al, my thoughts and prayers go out to you. Sounds like you have a great group of friends and family surrounding you.

Neal

Chavezk21 likes this.
  15. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Al, we have never met but by the accounts of all who have you seem like a guy I wish I had met. I wish for you in the coming days love, peace, and contentment. Your strugle will be softened by those who care.

Chavezk21 likes this.
  16. Yeah, Zap....exactly what Rocky said. Thanks for being you. Guess we'll have to figure on shaking hands in a place other than Texas. I'll let the '57 forum guys know. Hospice is a wonderful concept speaking from recent experience with loved family members.
    Rich

Chavezk21 likes this.
  17. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I had a minor dealing with Al. One of his friends needed a distributor hold-down for an 8BA. I had one, and Al bought it and told me to send it to his friend incognito. I thought it was real cool, a part a guy really needed showing up "out of the blue". I'm sorry to hear all of this, he is a great guy.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  18. unklgriz

unklgriz

I have never had the privilege of meeting you Al, and from the sounds of it from others you are a stand up guy. Our prayers go out to you and your family. We have recently been affected by a great friend having cancer, and we know that the only thing that got him through as long as he did was prayers and GOD's intervention. GODSPEED AL.

Larry

Chavezk21 likes this.
  19. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Thinking of you Zap.

Max Gearhead and Chavezk21 like this.
  20. With cancer, sometimes the treatment is worse than the cancer itself. I saw this with my wife in 2014. Hospice was the best thing for everyone, they are a unique bunch of people. I called them angels on earth.

deadbeat, lbcd and Chavezk21 like this.
  21. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

As of yesterday hospice meetings were not til tuesday. This is from Denise: Alonso took a turn for the worse this morning and is now back at Providence on comfort care. Please keep him in your prayers.

Stogy likes this.
  22. Bump for Al.

I'm having trouble with what to say....
    Al was one of the first Hambers to reach out to me, we've swapped stuff over the years, and Al talked about coming to New Zealand with Denise to visit.

I've not kept up with him as much as I should have in the last two years, I'm sad for that.

Alonso, thank you for your friendship, in this cyberspace machine we call the Hamb.

You changed how I spent my time here, and made me a better person for it.

I know you have to go, peace be to you buddy.

Chavezk21, Blue One and Stogy like this.
  23. mike bowling

mike bowling

Don't know the man, but nobody should have to go through this; thoughts are with you and your family.

Chavezk21 likes this.
  24. Prayers brother! HRP

Chavezk21 likes this.
  25. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Thoughts and prayers are with you, zapato!

Chavezk21 likes this.
  26. It is the WORST thing that can happen to anyone. I've seen it from afar, then up close and personal. Cancer usually wins in the end. Just when you think you got a handle on it... guess again.

Chavezk21 likes this.
  27. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

He is in my thoughts! He contributed a lot here and I truly hope everything goes as well for him as it can

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Chavezk21 likes this.
  28. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

It is with a heavy heart that I pass this news from Denise: My sweet, funny, brilliant man slipped away this morning at about 6:00 am. He was my lover and best friend, and I will love him forever.

29. So sorry to hear this. My hart goes out to you and your family.