Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. VTjunk

VTjunk

Sorry about the spelling above, guess my phone was as cold as my fingers.

The convertible is either a very ambitious project or a parts car. Rear rails are gone, inner rockers, quarters, trunk drop offs all need replacing, there's nothing to attach springs to. Have a friend who's interested coming to look it over at noon as I don't have time to devote to a rotisserie type project like this. I'm not a convertible guy anyway, but at least it didn't get crushed.

2. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

The Conv. is worth saving to a conv. fan. If it has a straight title, and someone wants to restore it to original, it looks like it was originally red which is probably a big plus.
    At the least, it could serve as a conversion donor to turn a 2 dr. into a conv.

Peanut 1959 likes this.
  3. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

That's just what I was thinking. I was trying to find the thread on a '59 or '60 Plymouth convertible that was "saved" in that way. I'll keep looking...

4. What's with the missing rear ends on the Falcons? Is it just a coincidence that it was missing on both cars?
    Like you said there wasn't anything to hang springs on the convert which why it's missing.

5. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

That guy in California who took about 3 to build one probably would have liked to got this body before he started.

6. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

love that old binder ,really love the old reo . thanks for posting

Stogy likes this.
  7. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

Heck yeah... Falcon conv. Have gone up quite a bit in the last 20 years. I'd take a nicely done falcon vert over a Mustang any day! V8 car to begin with helps! If I had a place to keep that I would love to build that up for the wife.

Sent from my SM-G920V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. To me it looks like the convert was a six. I only see a single exhaust pipe in the shot from the engine bay on the same side as you'd find on a six cylinder car. The best way is to find out is to decode the vin.

9. VTjunk

VTjunk

Decoded it. F code is a 260, has the reinforced front torque boxes, 4 bolt upper ball joints, exhaust is a y-pipe, not completely visible in the pics. They were all single exhaust, even Sprints. Decoded the data plate as well, it's a legit car.

pat59 and Bomb like this.
  10. ssffnomad

ssffnomad

VT & YJ, I believe that pickup is gone. But it did sit next to closed Station for quessing 25-30 years. Then it moved just a little back from road where your Pic is. It actually sat right where that Dodge Ram is in background. That way guy could look out Station window and watch it decay

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    czuch likes this.
  11. VTjunk

VTjunk

12. NewGuyOldFord

NewGuyOldFord

VTJunk. 76D I think should be the "sprint" convertible designation. The steering wheel would look great on mine :). Love that you are saving falcons. I too have a sprint convertible. It's a work in progress. I also have 4 storage sheds full of falcon parts and a 63 hardtop parts car. Keep on saving them. BART.

13. hope that 40 coupe went home with you.

14. I found this Falcon, a little rough, but save able and owner is trying to take care of it. Probably a project a waiting. 049.jpg I didn't ask if it was for sale.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    Bowtie Coupe and VTjunk like this.
  15. old1946truck

old1946truck

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  16. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

17. Sorry, there's nothing wrong with four doors. But If it were a coupe. I would be more interested in spending the time and money to make it a hot rod. But it would make a great family street rod. If you are interested. I could find out what they would take for it. Here is another find, a 59 Edsel wagon. I'm sure it could be had cheap too. Ron... 034.jpg

Spooky, clunker, mgtstumpy and 4 others like this.
  18. VTjunk

VTjunk

It's still sitting there. I might try to get it out this year.

19. VTjunk

VTjunk

An Edsel wagon like that was just pulled out of an old body shop near me. It was wrecked in 63 by the shop owners sister, they parked it in the back of the shop and it sat there until this past fall. Front clip was off because it waa a frontend hit, a guy I know bought it cheap and there was a complete nose included, all NOS.

20. VTjunk

VTjunk

20170313_202333.jpg
    20170313_202342.jpg
    20170313_202359.jpg

Spooky, clunker, mgtstumpy and 4 others like this.
  21. I also found this at the same place. Look closely at it. An Edsel wagon used as an derby car. 024.jpg So Sad :eek: 013.jpg

22. Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  23. I thought that Edsel s were suppose to be fairly rare. But I've seem to be finding them a lot lately.lol 010.jpg 011.jpg

24. And 009.jpg 008.jpg 007.jpg these two a couple of weeks ago.

mgtstumpy, Spooky, biggeorge and 3 others like this.
  25. And they are all numbered 302. :)

Ron Funkhouser and LOST ANGEL like this.
  26. Ranger 4dr sedans and 2dr sedans were the most common Edsels for 59.

27. VTjunk

VTjunk

28. The front and drivers side,of same car. lol Shame this dash was trashed. 027.jpg 026.jpg

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    mgtstumpy, biggeorge and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  29. Speedometer cluster looks OK.

30. old1946truck

old1946truck

If it was closer I would bed interested in it.