Register now to get rid of these ads!

good deal? 35 coupe, pics too

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by titus, Apr 5, 2006.

1. titus

titus

A buddy told me about a 35 ford 5 window that was for sale, he said like $1200 or something but wasnt sure, so i got his number and gave him a call, he said $750, so i figured id better go take a look at it, you know how it is right.

i dont have any pics of when i got it but it was smashed in the left front cowl and firewall, (came with extra cowl and firewall to replace it with) the roof was rust above the back window and the are around the trunk lid was rusty (came with a trunk opening and a repairable lid for it) also came with a pair of 4 door front doors (easily modified to fit the five window) and a dash board and full set of garnish mouldings, oh yeah the floors are rust free and perfect, a decent frame, gas tank filler neck, w/s frame, and maybe fixable rear fenders, so i bought it of course.

so i figured since i had to patch the cowl and roof area itd be the perfect time to chop the top, so heres the pics, with the doors installed, the new cowl attached and 2 inches taken out of the b pillars, (about 3 of the a ans c pillars) as you can see i still have to fix the area of rust above the back window and am going to use a piece from a tudor sedan to patch it with, and widen the piece a bit to match the window open on the coupe lower half (if that make sense?) and i just bought a 35 tudor slant parts car for $350 so now i have fenders a mint hood and a bunch of other parts for it, should be fun.

enjoy.
    jeff

Attached Files:

2. titus

titus

oh yeah, i still have to finish the part of the roof above the b pillars, and some more finish welding.

oh yeah, im gonna post in the class. want adds but i am looking for a repairable or useable 35 ford grille, any lead? thanks

JEFF

3. Freind of mine paid $400 a while back for half of a '35 sedan. Has a straight grille on it. Dunno what it would take to part with it but I can ask him.

$750 for a coupe this old is a good deal unless it looks like it was rolled over 12 times and half of it rotted away afterwards -

4. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Lookin' good!

5. I swear you're a f'n magnet.

Nice score.

JH

6. timebandit

timebandit
    from Norway

Good score.
    Not that it matters, but I believe that is a 36.
    -TT

7. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

I think I need to make a trip to Minnesota.:D
    Nice find!

Josh

8. titus

titus

i think its a 36 cowl i put on it, because of the black rubbber deals in the sides of the cowl make it a 35 right? ill have to go llok at my dads 3 window 35.

titus

9. Hey Jeff, I have a 35 fire wall if you need it. Freebe!!!! Call me whwn your in town for the swapmeet. John