Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 32-34 truck door hinges

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racemad55, Mar 9, 2017.

1. racemad55

racemad55

Are the upper & lower door hinges the same and are they shared by any other 32' body style ? thanks

2. A Boner

A Boner

Pretty sure they are different.
    You should be able to buy new ones from the company that is just coming out with the repro steel 32 truck....United Pacific.

3. I think the answer is no and no.

4. bschwoeble

bschwoeble

I bought United Pacific door hinges for a 5 w. I was hoping I could make them work on my deuce pickup. No good. The door jamb side pieces will work, and one door hinge will work on the bottom. The top hinge is the problem. The door side hinges aren't threaded like the jamb side. There is a drilled and tapped plate that goes behind the door hinge. There is no room for the plate and hinge on the top. I bought another cab that is intact and realized that the hinges from a 5w aren't going to work.

5. racemad55

racemad55

Thank you everyone for the replies, helping a friend piece back together a 32' cab that was supposed to be professionally restored. Already dug out about 2 gallons of filler !