Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs H.A.M.B. Relay needed NC to LSRU

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blackout78666, Mar 10, 2017.

1. blackout78666

blackout78666

Lone Star Round Up!!!!

seeing if anyone is coming from charlotte /Asheville/ NC / Hendersonville North Carolina to Lone Star round up.

Hendersonville is 15 miles south of Asheville and 100 miles west of charlotte ...

Would need a pair of 51 Chevy bumpers brought down.

We will have an "Oasis" of sorts at the event and can get you all of the beer and shade you need. And a few bucks for your troubles. Pm or call 5127386715
    [email protected]

Thanks all!!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  2. Raunchy

Raunchy

3. blackout78666

blackout78666

I will drown you in beer and barbecue, make you throw it up with smoky wide oval nailhead powered burnouts and send ya back to North Carolina hurting. Anybody from Asheville coming to LSRU???

4. It may help if the dates of the Lone Star Roundup were posted, as well. I don't know the dates.

5. PCJ

PCJ
    from Austin, Tx

6. blackout78666

blackout78666

IMG_0368.JPG IMG_1385.JPG
    IMG_2589.JPG IMG_5748.JPG IMG_5882.JPG IMG_6087.JPG IMG_6251.JPG IMG_6510.JPG IMG_6513.JPG Thanks PCJ...

Backstory. This car was my sons 14 birthday present. He got a piece of shhhhhhhh. To start with. Be a good father son project, teach him how to build, mechanical skills, hang out and bond. Show him that good looking cars can be bought or built. And when your broke, as most 16 year olds are, you can drive the car in any condition you want. It can look like shit. Or look like you gave a shit. I have been pretty strict with the 50/50 match on parts and pieces. He's worked hard, saved up his $$, and will be 16 at the end of may. Good lord. Stay off the sidewalks.

Anyone on the relay route I would be very grateful if you can help out and will treat you to some Texas hospitality, the seller of the bumpers doesn't seem to have much faith that this relay can be done.....love to make it happen. Thanks all!!

7. Now, now, don't badrap the seller, I'm betting he's a real nice guy who just has not had any experience with H.A.M.B. relays. :cool:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    blackout78666 likes this.
  8. blackout78666

blackout78666

No no not bad rapping the seller at all, he has been awesome throughout this whole back and forth And I appreciate his time put in getting multiple shipping quotes.....if he were a little closer and if I had a little more scratch this would have been a done deal. I have faith in the H.A.M.B. Relay. There is someone out there and if it's meant to be it'll happen. If not were painting bumpers. Haha.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    bobg1951chevy likes this.
  9. :)

10. blackout78666

blackout78666

Bump back up. Had a promising lead this morning but the H.A.M.B. Member was flying in. Thanks to both of y'all for reaching out and the quick reply. Still have hope for this. Weather is beautiful and it's coming up quickly. So anyone passing through or near Asheville North Carolina please reach out and let's see if we can get this kiddo some new bumpers. Thanks all! Jay

11. Betting some H.A.M.B.er will be traveling south and see this need for a relay!

12. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

13. Jay, I would be willing to take the bumpers, from Hendersonville, NC to either Greenville, SC or Spartanburg, SC, where I 85 south is located.

blackout78666 likes this.
  14. blackout78666

blackout78666

Bobg1951chevy that is a very nice gesture. Ok. Anyone coming through Greenville South Carolina or Spartanburg South Carolina? Or passing though on I85??? I've got faith. Thanks all who have bumped this up and helped out this far,'including the offer to drive them South.

15. I could also take the bumpers with me to Charlotte Auto Fair, for relay pickup @ I 77 south, but think the Auto Fair is running the same time as the Lone Star event ..... April 6, 7, 8 & 9.

16. blackout78666

blackout78666

Yeah same dates and thank you . Appreciate it. Still have some time about 2 weeks to find a fellow H.A.M.B.'r headed west..... I know your out there. Pssst pass it on. Thanks all

17. elgringo71

elgringo71

Just in case you need a plan B, I had a pair of rear fenders shipped Greyhound and the cost wasn't that bad.

18. blackout78666

blackout78666

Thx el gringo. Checked that option and all others. Average price is 160 to ship down here. Down to crumbs on the build and trying to save every penny we can. This has been a mostly dad funded project an pop is tapped out ha

19. blackout78666

blackout78666

IMG_6968.JPG IMG_6975.JPG Thanks Bobg1951chevy for bumping this up and brett4christ for giving me leads.. man were close.. i can feel it.... thanks to all who have helped so far.. appreciate it!!!! onward.... roof got painted and clearcoated this weekend.... down to a punch out list.... exciting stuff for a soon to be 16 year old and his proud pop...

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  20. blackout78666

blackout78666

Greenville, Spartanburg SC, I85 , Asheville , Hendersonville NC anyone passing through to Lonestar Round up with room for a pair of bumpers. Mornin bump. Thanks all!!!

21. Looking good, Jay. You guys keep up the good work. Now back to the relay hunt !

22. blackout78666

blackout78666

good news.. got a call from Dave from House of fab coming down I 85 from virginia....we may just make this happen after all..... Thanks all who have helped so far... HAMB power

23. Getting closer to a happy closure!

24. blackout78666

blackout78666

I don't think god or whomever is up there wants this H.A.M.B. Relay to happen. Haha. Apparently some crackhead smoked crack under I85, caught some stuff in fire ( must have been a hell of a crack rock!!) and burned and dropped a 4 lane section of I85 highway overpass down. Not damaged, dropped it. Hahahahahaha. And then the storm that Hammered Texas yesterday is heading right for NC,SC (all y'all be safe up there) and seller is hesitant to drive in that weather. Don't blame him 1 bit. If this wasn't such a WTF confluence of events I might be bummed. Crackheads......... stupid rain. Hahahahahja

25. blackout78666

blackout78666

Update. H.A.M.B. Relay happened( kinda) Cannot thank Bob1951chevy in North Carolina for willing to drive to meet Dave, _House of Fab from Virginia, in Spartanburg to drop off the bumpers for a comfy ride to Texas. Clapping hands. All of the carefully laid plans, coordinating, phone calls, texts, emails But there is a twist..damn epic storm decides today , to just F#*k up the whole area from Georgia to South Carolina and beyond. Get a call from Dave this morning that he wasn't going to be able to make the pick up. Storm was too gnarly and risky and I was 100% behind him. so I'm sure they had to drive way outta the way to get away from it. Son of a thousand bitches Mother Nature. But I'm putting this one in the win column. Met some nice people I would not otherwise, worked out cross country logistics and aside from the massive tornado,hail,torrential downpours managed to set up a H.A.M.B. Relay that aaalllllmmooost relayed. Haha. Onward! Big thanks to Bob1951chevy and Dave from HOF !! Beers on me when y'all get to Texas

Attached Files:

26. Let's put out another SOS for a relay to Texas !