Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features It Was 10 Years Ago Today...

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Jive-Bomber, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Yes, ditto on the Ice Cream run! Loved those Safaris...my younger brother had a '56 Tudor...it got a 389, then sanded and the 2 dents removed. (mini dents, easy work) Pontiac got some primer, then sold.
    My favorite 'Tin Indians'. Safaris.

2. sololobo

sololobo

yikes, 10 years ago, seemed like yesterday when it first appeared! sweet ride, had a 57 Nomad years ago, you know, the one that shouldn't have got away.

3. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

That's a great family car. A real beauty. I carted around a complete '57 Pontiac Bonneville fuel injection engine and transmission for almost 20 years hoping to find a '57 Safari. Closest I came was a '57 Chieftain Tudor wagon. Unfortunately had to sell that due to a long distance move. Eventually sold the fuelie to a Bonniville restorer. Over the years I've also had two '55 Nomads and a '64 Chevelle Tudor wagon. Guess I'm a wagon guy at heart. Oh to have any or all of them back. Hind sight is a wonderful thing. Love your wagon.

Lee

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  4. qzjrd5

qzjrd5
    from Troy, MI

Great story, great car!

5. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2017-3-8_3-14-48.png upload_2017-3-8_3-15-0.png
    Hey JB,

A very nice build and result. I am sure your daughter enjoys every minute of riding in that wagon. (Happy Birthday) Our grand daughter is 11 going on 25 and loves to go places with us. (She has been going around with us since 6 months) She loves riding around since we talk and have fun. But, her mom and dad were such sticklers about what vehicle she can go in at birth, that nothing but the latest armour-plated army tank would do for them. We were driving around a couple of three year old cars, but decided that a new SUV would satisfy their Gen X misguided ideals. But, after all, it is their daughter.

Who knows what will spur on the future car addiction? Our granddaughter had many little toy cars from wooden ones, Lego cars, to a collection of Hot Wheels and access weekly to my son’s old Tonka Trucks. Your 10 year old has a great start with riding around in your very cool car. But with the way our social media/ Iphone oriented society is going, who know what is in store for them as they grow up and get more influenced by being exposed to so much these days.

Jnaki

At least our granddaughter names her family’s vehicles: Herman, Bessie, Jezebel, and Evie, for an electric vehicle. She is so independent that despite what her parents do or say, she will probably ride around in a lowered, AWD, pick up truck with Moon Discs and calling it Jimi, making her favorite grandparents happy. Yes!

6. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Is there any man here who has not been on the end of the wifes look when you brought home a project?

hotrodtodd1960 and ChaosActual like this.
  7. Our son is 10 now as well. Feb 07. We are working on my 51 GMC which he will actually get to drive in 4 years (learners permit @14 in SD)

8. ChaosActual

ChaosActual

She didn't get it when I brought home my DeSoto....but slowly she's starting to like the idea of it.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. Blade58

Blade58
    from apopka ,Fl

Nice Cool Wagon

10. flamingokid

flamingokid

I like wagons.From my folks Vista Cruiser to my Country Squire,they hauled people,hauled goods,and hauled ass.They just make sense.

11. I'm surprised a Safari didn't end up in the Cars movie! :)

12. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

That's a cool car. I offered to drop my son off at the 8th grade formal in my Metropolitan and he said he'd rather walk.

13. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very cool! And oh man, do I know that look from mom!

14. The37Kid

The37Kid

What a great looking car both before and after the build, we don't find rough stuff like that on the East Coast. Happy Birthday to the backseat rider. Bob

15. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nope, not me! Okay, I lied. She is fine as long as there are no yard cars i.e., if they fit in my building she does not give a rat's patoot about what they look like. I've got an old Dodge differential sitting next to the building. It is close to the 3 day time limit for crap outside.

Back on topic: What a great Pontiac!