Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods ID Air Cleaners

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Beansnomore, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Beansnomore

Beansnomore

Can anyone ID these air cleaners for me please and tell me where I could get them? I cannot make out the name on the casting. They look similar to the ones sold by Mooneyes, but these have a name cast into them. Thanks.

IMG_3841.JPG

2. Beansnomore

Beansnomore

Thanks. They seem like a hard to find vintage item rather than a repo but I shall start my search - now I know what I'm searching for. Thanks again.

3. banjorear

banjorear

Nothing vintage about them except the name Thickstun. These are a modern take on an air cleaner.

4. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

These are a new design? I thought they were troops of an original.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. quickchangeV8

quickchangeV8

Tommy Thickstun never ever made these air cleaners. They are not original. Just one look at the modern day air filter in there should tell you that these air cleaners are not 70 years old!!!! These are modern day production items, maybe as modern as just last week!

6. banjorear

banjorear

Nope, sorry. Cooling looking in a way, but not original. Only original air cleaner Thickstun made was the tear drop one of his PM-7 intakes.

7. Beansnomore

Beansnomore

Does anyone know where I could find 3 please? Spencer at Honest Charley's has told me that they were on their catalogue but they can no longer supply them as they are no longer being made. Perhaps someone knows someone who bought 3 , but isn't using them. Thanks