Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 38 ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by samsonized, Mar 6, 2017.

1. samsonized

samsonized

I am looking at a 38 deluxe coupe and want to change it to a standard. does anyone know what needs to be done to accomplish this

2. samsonized

samsonized

ok if you have been through this do you want to share

3. Change the entire front sheet metal basically. Grill fenders splash pan, hood tops and sides. The side trim is probably different also. let me find you some pics.

Deluxe

[​IMG]
    Standard

[​IMG]
    Personally I prefer the bull nosed coupe, but in the sedan I prefer the standard.

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

Not to steal the thread, but is the hood latch hardware the same on both? I have the outside handle but nothing inside. Bob

6. @38ford
    The OP is the one doing it. If I had a bull nosed coupe it would stay that way unless too much was missing and I had the standard sheet metal complete.
    @The37Kid
    Kid I am working from memory but I think the actual latch is the same.

7. alchemy

alchemy

Is this one of the years that had different cowls for the deluxe vs. standard? I know in 39 the cowls were different.

8. 38 Deluxe and standard should be the same cowl. 39 Deluxe and standard have different cowls because all of the front sheet metal is different and all the mounting points are different for the deluxe over the standard front sheet metal.