Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 15" wheel hoops with 12" drop centers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2manyseats, Mar 6, 2017.

1. 2manyseats

2manyseats
    from London, UK

So guys, where do you find nos steel wheel hoops/shells with a 12" drop center? I have looked around, tried Wheelkid, looked at Speedway, tried pretty much everywhere. As far as I can tell, they aren't made anymore - most 15" shells now have a drop centre of 12 5/8" or 12.320 at best.
    Needed to restore old school wheels. Any ideas where I could look? Thanks in advance for your input.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  2. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

No. But the decimal equivalent to 12 5/8" is 12.625".....

Edit: One thought just came to mind.....check out agriculture implement wheels. There was a thread here within the past few days regarding hoops that would fit Ford 'wide 5' center and a poster gave a website address to just such a source. A search should turn up that thread fairly easily. Might be worth a look.

Ray

3. 2manyseats

2manyseats
    from London, UK

Thanks for that Ray, I didn't even think about that. I guess there are 2 sizes of drop that are available on 15" shells. I tried agricultural wheels and they tend to be batch accurate, heavy and unsafe at speed.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app