Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Patrick's Antiques..They take your money and don't ship the goods.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by intuitive iron, Mar 3, 2017.

1. intuitive iron

intuitive iron

I ordered a ring and pinion along with the install kit for my 53' Chevy truck. They charged my debit card immediately for $700 (illegal) and Patrick told me my order would go out in 7 days. Cool! Sounds great... Fast forward over a month and multiple unreturned phone calls and broken promises I still haven't received anything but the run around. They jerk me around on the phone and promise to call me back but never do. I did some research and found multiple cases of people not receiving there parts after a year or more. So, it looks like I've been Bamboozled! I wish I would of investigated them a little better before turning over $700. We're a family of four living solely off of my income so this was a big purchase for me. To add insult to injury it was the last piece needed to put the old girl on the road. DOH! I'm not sure what they have going on but please listen to this: If someone jerks you around on a Credit card or Debit card purchase don't let it go beyond 60 days. This is the cutoff for recourse. I can only assume that their stall tactics might be used to get you outside the 60days so you can't pursue them. So thanks a sh**load Patrick's for taking my money and other hard working Americans money. I guess I'll just work more crappy overtime shifts at the firehouse so I can buy the same part again! Karma is a bitch....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  2. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

Where are they located? Maybe someone in that area could stop by and ask them about the status of your purchase in person. Good luck....

3340 likes this.
  3. intuitive iron

intuitive iron

Casa Grande, AZ. My hope is that people read this and don't get taken advantage of....

4. Charging your card imitatively when you place a order IS NOT illegal,there is however a problem when they don't send you the parts.

It's a hard pill to swallow,you need to contact your credit card company post haste. HRP

bobg1951chevy likes this.

5. 2935ford

2935ford

Not sure about that company but......I had a very similar issue with another company but.......after more than a month of pretty much what you went through, the item is really on it's way!
    I hope this turns out to be your case.....

BTW, I had made an inquiry to my CC company and they told me there really isn't a hard and firm rule about a time limit. They just advised me that if I felt I was not being taken care of to let them know and they would deal with it.

6. brady1929

brady1929

I am sorry but I can't get past your avatar. Yikes!

7. alchemy

alchemy

Call your credit card again. Let them know you've found this is a habit of Patrick's and I'd bet your CC will reconsider. Do a search for "Patrick's" here on the HAMB and you will find multiple threads with pages of info about this same subject.

tul01, kiwijeff and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. intuitive iron

intuitive iron

Thanks for the input fellas, I'm meeting my credit card issuer Monday to start the paperwork. BTW..The sleek and handsome fella on my avatar isn't me, he's way better looking.

DBruce, hidez57 and kiwijeff like this.
  9. Bobacuda

Bobacuda

If that dude in the avatar needed to haul ass, he would have to make three trips...:eek:

10. wex65

wex65
    from WV

Don't know why they told you 60 days bur MC is 120, VISA is 120, AMEX is 90-120 from memory.

If you tell them the transaction was not authorised (they charged prior to you authorising) or that merchandise was not sent it is an extended window, versus simply being unhappy with what you received.

They have different chargeback windows depending on the underlying reason, see this link:

https://chargebacks911.com/chargeback-time-limit/

I run a biz that accepts cards and can tell you 60 days isn't right unless it is some odd card I am not aware of.

11. 3340

What a shame! Fortunately we don't hear this very often, hopefully your cc card co helps, don't think Patrick's will get any more calls from the H.A.M.B.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

tul01 likes this.
  12. 5window

5window

Sorry for your trouble. This is why you should always do a HAMB search before you order-lots of Patrick's threads on here. None good. FWIW. it is not just hard-working Americans that he has screwed. There are international folks who have lost out too. They also have worked hard for their hot rod dollars and would like to meet the folks at Patrick's in a dark, lonely alley.

13. Ritzy1

Ritzy1

Now I'm kicking myself for not making the extra effort to drive down there when I was in Phoenix for business. Want to get some of their flathead head bolts. I figured it would be easier to have them shipped.

14. walter

walter

I had the same problem several years ago. I did finally get the parts. All were china parts and the polish jobs were terrible. Never got my money back.

15. v8deuce

v8deuce

There is a lot of bad people out there and I've run into most of them it seams like but I always use my credit card if nothing happens in a week I call my credit card people and they start an investigation this causes phone calls to dealer, he don't want the hastle so he returns your money and goes on to screw other unsuspecting people. If you can get someone online to stop renewing your subscription such as a magazine or something you have asked to stop I just call my c/c people they send out another card with a new number the low life's that keep trying to ding your card are out of luck because numbers don't match. Just my nickels worth.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

16. intuitive iron

intuitive iron

Great information fellas, I truly appreciate it..One thing I forgot to mention is that this was on my Debit card so it came straight out of my checking account.The thing that really pisses me off is that they outright lied to me over and over. He started passing me off to an old woman on the phone. I believe it might be his mom? If so, what kind of turd hands angry customers off to his mom??

17. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

From what I have seen on another board, they most likely are severely back ordered on the gears and are not warning people that they are back ordered. One of those sell it and hope the supplier produces them before the customer gets pissed off. Trouble is the seem to have a lot of pissed off customers right now.

Classic parts shows the same pieces = Gear set and installation set but it comes to 175.00 more. No matter who you order one of these gear sets from I'd suggest making the call and asking if they have the pieces in stock that day and can they actually lay their hand on them then and now. Had a farm equipment parts customer do that quite often and he wanted to hear the part hit the counter beside the phone to make sure I had it and wasn't just looking at the inventory

18. RMONTY

RMONTY

Yeah don't get me started "friend!". Patrick will call you "friend!" over and over, Phillip will pass you off to Patrick, who is Phillip's father, or Denise, Danyse, something like that who is Phillip's mother and Patrick's wife. I went through almost 4 months of hearing "you'll have that camshaft in a New York Minute, Friend! When you get ready for those Fenton headers, I will treat you right, Friend! I know when I need to make things up to a Friend!". When I ordered the cam I asked BEFORE I gave him my CC# when it would ship, and he said "You will have it next week, Friend!". Buyer beware!

tul01 likes this.
  19. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

...time to "Unfriend" Patrick!

20. intuitive iron

intuitive iron

Yeah, exact same deal. Passed around on the phone from one liar to another. As for the backorder thing, I've found folks saying it's been well over a year. That's just plain criminal. Since I used my debit card I hope I'm not screwed.

21. intuitive iron

intuitive iron

Thanks... I did this with my debit card so I hope I'm not screwed.

22. 5window

5window

I think you are.

23. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Drive over there with that big fella in your avatar and have him sit on them and fart, until they scream Uncle!

24. rtp likes this.
  25. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

Every debit card I've ever seen has a Mastercard or visa logo on it. If it does....just dispute it with either card..

intuitive iron likes this.
  26. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Since you used your debit card, it's best that you contact your bank that issued the debit card and tell them about the situation and see what they recommend . I hope you resolve the problem.

27. wex65

wex65
    from WV

Make sure you highlight this is NOT a regular chargeback (as in, "I am not happy with the merchandise they sent me") but a case of fraud where you paid and nothing was shipped. The window is longer.

28. flathead4d

flathead4d

29. solidaxle

solidaxle
    from Upstate,NY

I stopped using my debit card for charges. They take the money out of your account right away. If it's a credit card a least you can hold payment.

30. I'm surprised no one has punched the thieving bastards in the face.

From reading past threads, it seems like Patrick was once a stand up guy, but over time, turned into human garbage, stealing from anyone who unsepectingly hands em cash.
    I'm sure there must be some sort of legal way, to teach this scumbag company a lesson, but the power of the interwebs means they are slowly headed toward some type of conclusion.