Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Chevy -54 front clip...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bummer, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Bummer

Bummer

I´m about to start putting the front together and just wanted to hear your opinion on how to proceed.
    Should I make the front clip ready first and put it on as a whole or should I fasten the parts to the body one by one?
    Which is easier?
    Which is faster?
    Which leaves less room for errors?:oops:

2. Lost in the Fifties

Lost in the Fifties

If it's newly painted, parts on one by one. If its to be done after installation and you have the help, do the front clip.

3. Bummer

Bummer

No fresh paint but also limited help. How any guys you think it would need to put in in one piece. Four, maybe or is two enough?

4. two can put on the whole front, since it's all apart, I'd hang the pieces separately,
    mite be easier to line up everything....start with your core support.

5. Bummer

Bummer

Good point about the line up. I quess I go one part at a time.

6. bummer,..how bout a pic of that bike in yer avatar?...I'm into old bikes ...

7. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

leave the bolts loose, hand tight, so you can adjust all the gaps once you have it together.

8. lowrd

lowrd

Put the front on my 53 by myself. As Fat 47 said, leave everything hand tight, helps when lining up the gaps.
    I did install the hood first, and set the cowl/hood gap. Also makes putting the hood springs on a whole lot easier.