Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration >>>>> 3/3/17 FRIDAY art show <<<<<

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Spoggie, Mar 2, 2017.

1. ..Cough, -bang, gGgrrnccch.. Whoarrrr!

Let's see your Friday mess-terpiece!

Jetson+Japan= 170301Yokawagon.jpg

oldsjoe, Jet96, pwschuh and 30 others like this.
  2. aircap

aircap

I'm digging that wagon!

chriseakin and john mullen like this.
  3. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

4. battersea boys

battersea boys
    from surrey

image.jpeg Running on eight

Stogy, Jet96, chriseakin and 32 others like this.

5. Hey, I started this 45 minutes ago... but I dated it wrong so I fold. Be right back LOL!

Nice start Spoggie!

6. Mark A

Mark A
    from Michigan

Now that's a great start. Thanks for all the likes from the last show. The truck is a commission piece I'm working on for a friend, not turning out to bad. truck-a=2.jpg ROD2.jpg ROD5.jpg

oldsjoe, chriseakin, Animal and 31 others like this.
  7. Great start. I'm gonna try a Willys for this week. 013.jpg

oldsjoe, pwschuh, Animal and 34 others like this.
  8. Let git ‘er goin!!!

While in Detroit last week end I met so many amazing people. So much inspiration, so many old stories from men and women who lived it back in the early days of the hot rod story. I will have access to some amazing source material over the next few years. As I begin on a new project which may keep my opportunities to draw cars as often as I’d like, This resource will allow me to continue whipping out the doodles and sharpen my skills. I know more than a few will become the basis of larger projects down the road.

In two separate stories about two different straight axle gasses from the 50’s, both Ford Victorias, one was in a magazine, the other, first hand accounts from an older gentleman from Detroit. His stories of long road trips in a strip prepared Gasser, cheater slicks and all, were priceless... I whipped out this sketch even though it isn’t exactly what I was shooting for, rather, a thumbnail to keep the idea alive in my mind. Watch for another version some time...

[​IMG]

oldsjoe, Jet96, Animal and 32 others like this.
  9. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

Excellent start to the show!

Ever since I purchased the Wacom tablet last year, I've been trying to teach myself all the ins and outs of drawing with it. There's a learning curve, for sure, especially when you've been drawing with pencils for 30+ years. But I think I now have a pretty good handle on that.
    Painting and adding color to a drawing was a whole other learning curve. I've done a couple of shirt designs in color, but never an entire scene or anything remotely complex as one of my oil paintings.
    So, I figure the best way to learn is to jump into the deep end and figure it out as I go. It wasn't easy.....long, frustrating days and more mistakes than I care to admit.....but I hope I pulled off something worthy enough to share with you guys. It's not perfect, but considering it's my first, yeah, I'll take it.

Tony Stark final small.jpg Tony Stark
    Digital Illustration

Jet96, chriseakin, pwschuh and 47 others like this.
  10. Up to my armpits in alligators, long hours etc...
    1 quick upload from me..
    Have a super weekend!

IMG_7763_A4fixpolofixhdrorthdrortwarmtntcposteroilglow70posttntlogo.jpg

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
    oldsjoe, Jet96, chriseakin and 22 others like this.
  11. 340HilbornDuster, Aloha, this one’s for you! LOL! re-pop-a-roo! Given’ cabin fever the boot!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

oldsjoe, Jet96, chriseakin and 40 others like this.

13. Wow! Nice work Ba-Bob-a-roony!

14. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

15. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

IMG_1820.JPG IMG_1821.JPG IMG_1825.JPG off to a bass tourney....check back in tonite Ron

oldsjoe, Jet96, chriseakin and 34 others like this.
  16. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

17. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Can't edit my post for some reason but the cornfield shot reminds me of the Hunnert Car Pileup.

18. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2017-3-3_3-43-9.png 1976
    Hello,

After owning several El Caminos, a 65 and a 72, and a couple of 40 sedan delivery cars, we started looking for something that had more room in the back for family camping trips. (We sold the last 40 delivery in 75.) Sure the El Caminos can hold a ton of stuff in the back, but there was no sheltered place to hang out in inclement weather or sudden rain showers. Changing cloth diapers in the cab and on the rear drop down door of the El Camino was hectic to say the least. So, we started looking at 75-76 Chevy vans. They had V8 power, A/C and tons of room in the back to recreate the surf van interiors of our 60’s vw vans. Also, the ride would be much smoother and the handling would also be better than those old vans. Plus, so much more room for our new, little guy, including a front facing seat for the safety child car carrier. Who knows, maybe strapped to the motor housing?

So, I got to work designing a combination family camping van and surf van as an all in one vehicle. Multiple Halogen lights, front and rear, a full 4x4 running gear, a custom, removable shell in the place of the rear van section, and a solar powered shower tank on the roof. It would be our surf checker for places an ordinary van or truck could not go…empty, secluded surf spots all along the Baja coastline.

Jnaki

This was my first right facing vehicle drawing. Most of the cars and trucks previously drawn were left facing. For some reason, this van did not look good facing left. But, this vehicle could be a shop truck with the rear shell removed.
    upload_2017-3-3_3-45-23.png
    upload_2017-3-3_3-45-54.png upload_2017-3-3_3-46-22.png
    upload_2017-3-3_3-53-26.png
    Here is a page flip image...it just does not look right facing left, besides the lettering... The actual beginnings (1976 left drawing) of this "Surf Checker" made it to the trash can in record time.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  19. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

This photo was taken at the 2009 Hunnert Car Pileup.

20. Ron Brown and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  21. Good morning, great FAS ! Here's a quickie, another Willys with it's nose in the air. 016.jpg

Stogy, oldsjoe, Jet96 and 24 others like this.
  22. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Great start guys! Thanks for sharing.

quick85 and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  23. Sorry guys I never see my mistakes sometimes, until after I have posted it. The front axle goes behind the rear slick. That's what happens when I do a quickie. 018.jpg A quick fix with the eraser lol

24. Looks like you have a pretty good handle on it to me!:cool:

25. Nice job Ruben. I think your background using traditional medium helps produce outstanding digital renderings. You have at least a road map to know what to do, as digital is just another tool to use.
    Guys like me that don't have a background in painting or using color have a hell of a time figuring what to
    do digitally...twice the frustration.
    I've decided to focus on using traditional mediums to learn about coloring and values. Hopefully in time, convert that knowledge into digital.

Jigger and Ruben Duran like this.
  26. Ron , love the COE
    IMG_1521.JPG Building one , 42 , basic two tone like the one you drew .
    Was you can see just starting the paint but you nailed it . IMG_1458.JPG Will look close to PS the Mosse did . Great work everyone ! Blue
    IMG_0122.JPG

oldsjoe, chriseakin, Animal and 15 others like this.
  27. ...hey, all good stuff today,...thot I'd show 3 stages of a sketch...the most fun part for me is filling in the black areas, it comes to life.
    fri art 17 020.jpg fri art 17 031.jpg fri art 17 041.jpg

oldsjoe, chriseakin, pwschuh and 26 others like this.
  28. ...old Mopars...
    fri art 17 042.jpg

oldsjoe, chriseakin, Animal and 18 others like this.