Register now to get rid of these ads!

models?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stone, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Stone

Stone

I have the revell kit 29 ford 3 n 1 rat rod. I'm trying to get ideas on how to put it together.
    What model builders here have built this kit and could you post pics of your and any info that may help. I would like to go hard top with a channel and a low rake. I plan to buy another kit to look for a flathead V8 for it. I want to shorten the bed.
    So any tips and pics if you have them thanks.

2. Carter

Carter

Here's my take on the kit. Engine, tire and wheels from a 50 F1 kit, shell from a 32 phaeton kit, i think, seats, steering wheel tank and shifter from the parts pile. Rest of it is all out of the 3 in 1 kit, if I remember correctly. Last pic is what I threw together with the remains of the F1 kit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I'd watch for the Sunday Model Show and ask there. There are some awesome builders on it!

4. gowjobs

gowjobs

I built this one using ONLY the parts that came in the Rat Rod kit - of course, I chopped a lot of them up before I put them back together. No filler was used in the construction of this rod:
    [​IMG]
    In progress:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Originally, I was going to do an RPU-based modified:
    [​IMG]

Bob the bed from the forward end if you can. Cab is easy to channel - just notch the cab back to clear the framerails and torque tube, and cut off the top of the firewall the same depth as you notch (or more, if you want to put the cab on more of a tilt). My suggestion for some great flathead speed parts and suspension pieces would be the Revell '40 or '46 Fords.

5. 2002p51

2002p51

Here's one I did:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Stone

Stone

Thanks guys.

7. 1bustedbuick

1bustedbuick

Realy cool model:)

8. Stone

Stone

Gowjobs any pics of how you modified the frame?
    I want to give it that super low, Gambino Kustoms / Larry Grobe look.

How should I modify the chassis to get it down low. I do want to shorten the frame and the bed.

9. JamesG

JamesG

Mine........:)

Attached Files:

10. Bugman

Bugman

Here's mine. It's pretty mild, but I was going more for "kid with dad's old farm truck" than hardcore hot rod.

Attached Files:

11. gowjobs

gowjobs

No real pics of the frame that I remember... hold on a sec... I found one shot that showed the quarter-eliptic front suspension I did on the model A, and a couple of shots of rear frame kicks I did on 1:8 scale projects...the process is the same on smaller scale stuff. When i built the "A" chassis, I cut it just inside the rear cab wall and put a very slight Z in. When I re-attached the front of the frame to the rear spring perch and "Z" sections, I actually installed it upside-down so the motor mounts stuck that lil' banger up in the air where the oil pan wouldn't drag on the ground.

Dave

Attached Files:

12. Stone

Stone

Thanks. I'm really a beginner modeler. I haven't messed with models since probably 1992. I'm going to be lookin for lots of pics models and the real deal to help me with it.