Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Any Weekend Goals?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The37Kid, Feb 25, 2017.

1. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

Putting brakes on my 65 ford.Got three wheels done today and the new master cylinder on.I should finish it up tomorrow. DSCN1597.JPG

UNSHINED 2, bobss396 and slimcat7m3 like this.
  2. starting up the Merc flathead on the engine stand.......

spurgeonforge likes this.
  3. AV8 Dave

AV8 Dave

I am green with envy stillrunners! Would kill to be that far along with my avatar's flattie! But I did check my existing rod bushings with the new pins for the new .080 over pistons and found the fit just fine. That'll save me 160.00 in machining costs! Also did an engine mount welding tack job so I can remove the temporary mount bolts in the frame rails so the decent fenders I have yet to find can be test fitted. Regards, Dave.

4. slimcat7m3

slimcat7m3
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Productive weekend here! Finished up rear shock mounts, gas filler cover, bed, and snuck in some time for my little mans pedal car floor. And found time to shave off my beard. The "W" in the floor is for his name Wally! Pure hot rods rear shock mounts are awesome!!!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Nice work. All of it.

I put a new string on this tow truck.
    [​IMG]

falcongeorge, slimcat7m3 and The37Kid like this.
  6. mnjeff

mnjeff

waiting for delivery of a 215 nailhead mated to a rover 5 speed to put in my '59 bugeye sprite.....am pumped.......gonna call around for a postal jeep rear for same project.

Attached Files:

7. cool pedal car, with the floor how will the pedals fit? or will it have pedals? I always thought it would be cool to try to power one with a 18volt Dewalt drill.

Atwater Mike likes this.
  8. RMONTY

RMONTY

The pic of that bug eye takes me back to 1967. My next door neighbor had one and I idolized him. I would go over and stand outside the garage and watch him work on that car. Finally one day he said "hey come give me a hand with this!" He was pulling the engine by himself and it had gotten hung up. I was 7 yrs old at the time. I've been hooked since on old cars.

slimcat7m3 and The37Kid like this.
  9. slimcat7m3

slimcat7m3
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You guessed it. I will post some more pics later. If it's worth doing, it's worth doing in excess!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. Close to 70 here on Saturday, got the blown out exhaust donut fixed on my Ford, backed it up with a sleeve inside the pipe. No more fried plug wires! Today it was 39... went to a local cruise and stayed 20 minutes. Glad my heater works well.

UNSHINED 2 and Bruce Fischer like this.
  11. cool, let us know how it works out

12. Latigo

Latigo

Fed X brought me a box from Eastwood. Oh boy! Started cutting out some rust on the VW bug project. I'll try out the new metal shears.

13. As they say here ...... It just ain't so, without pics.;)

partsdawg, slimcat7m3 and 56shoebox like this.
  14. Speaking of Eastwood, I knew I was spending too much time in the garage, when a newly arrived package from Eastwood would give me a woodie.

15. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Yes. Please post that build. I put a floorboard in a Comet body just like that and turned in into a stroller for my kids. They were too small the pedal. The floor kept their feet from getting tangled up. Now, that they are bigger, I would like to turn it into an electric car.

16. CoolYourJets

CoolYourJets

Very cool pedal car! I'm installing my new front seat. Like it?[​IMG]

17. Nice,what's it going in? HRP

Jeff34 likes this.
  18. e z i

e z i

Finally got the brakes on the 31, and set it on the ground for the first time in months. IMAG0603.jpg IMAG0604.jpg

mgtstumpy, Muttley, Jeff34 and 3 others like this.
  19. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

Tomorrow is still the weekend for me. Hope to finish making pieces for the rear frame kick-up and get them tacked in.....Are you ready, Max?

Max Gearhead likes this.
  20. OLDTINPUSHER

OLDTINPUSHER

All 1932 stuff. 14 hours round trip great way to spend a day. DSCN2869.JPG DSCN2876.JPG DSCN2878.JPG DSCN2874.JPG DSCN2881.JPG Message_1488147726665_2.jpg Message_1488147741301_2.jpg DSCN2882.JPG

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  21. The37Kid

The37Kid

OK, You Win! Hard to top a pickup and trailer load of '32 Ford stuff. Bob

22. supernut

supernut

Go on the first drive on the new build

23. Babar40

Babar40
    from Florida

Finally, finally, finishing up installing a perforated vinyl headliner in my 40' Tudor. I read and watched everything I could get my hands on, but was not prepared for the endeavor.
    Pulled, pushed, tweaked and prayed and finally it's installed. Looks pretty good and tomorrow the last of the trimming. Profound respect for the guys that have done this on their cars and the fabulous tutorials.

grumpy32 likes this.
  24. brasscarguy

brasscarguy
    from seattle

Took the little woman shopping and ended up buying a $5000.00 bed!!!!! Wife has back issues so we decided to buy an adjustable bed. Best part is her doctor prescribed this particular firmness and brand so its deductible??? well maybe. So I figure if she gets a 5 grand bed I get 5 grand to spend at Bakersfield prewar swap meet, not a bad trade off. Bakersfield is month a month away, so she better start saving for my trip.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

The37Kid and slimcat7m3 like this.
  25. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The snow finally melted enough so that I could make it out to where my 8BA is stashed and pull the hogshead off to pull the adapter off to take some photos for a fellow Hamber.
    Why I didn't get to it sooner
    [​IMG][/U
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The Jeep wagon that it came out of had a "Ford" 4 speed in it according to the guy I bought the engine from. No numbers or brand marks on the adapter though.

Now I can clean the hogshead up and get it painted and ready to put the Dwight Bond adapter on it.

Atwater Mike likes this.
  26. deucemac

deucemac

Make it successfully through to Monday morning!

Speedwrench likes this.
  27. It snowed here which was a good excuse to do nothing.........even tho my little garage/shop is heated. Next week is the first swap meet so.....

28. Went to an indoor garage sale which turned out to be kind of a flop but I did get a good working kerosene heater for the garage for $10. Also got some Elvis 8-tracks for my garage 8-track player. Been looking for some for a long time. My weekend goes into Monday and I will be working nights with my new job so I am getting ready to head to the garage to finally start fitting the hood for these sedan. Just trying to stay awake at this point so I can flip my sleep schedule.

29. Sunday morning, Rick (racinman ) and I got the red sedan loaded up and on it's way to a new home. HRP

[​IMG]

30. 210sedan

210sedan
    from upnorth,wi

can i get one before they go on the bay