Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Winter is here!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dwollam, Dec 8, 2016.

1. koolkemp

koolkemp

Thanks, it's an ambulance conversion done when it was new. Pretty rough !

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Still KOOL lookin.Bruce.

3. koolkemp

koolkemp

This is my cats outdoor home, 1950 Meteor. She hates the kitten my daughter got so much she won't come in the house too often, has to be pretty cold , she broke down about an hour after this and went in .[​IMG]

I rigged her up a bed platform where she gets good sunlight , access by missing rear door vent window.[​IMG]

kiwijeff, dwollam, Stogy and 5 others like this.
  4. Bruce, we were just in Mt. Dora last month. Stayed over in Umatilla at the Olde Mill Stream RV Resort for the month. The area has changed a lot over the last 10 years, so typical for FL.
    PS: you should patent that emergency brake shown in your pic. Funny thing....I have one similar but mine looks nicer cause it is real VT marble!

5. Kool kemp, now that's a GOOD picture. LOL. Bruce.

koolkemp and biggeorge like this.
  6. vtwhead, living on a mountain top here I don't take any more chances ever since the 56 buick station wagon got away and rolled thru my shop and took out the back wall. LOL.Take care. Bruce.

rightcoast likes this.
  7. AULIZ

AULIZ

Snow was gone, but yesterday come 7-8" more. Shit.
    Days are warm, nights cold. IMG_4092B.jpg

kiwijeff, dwollam, rpkiwi and 2 others like this.
  8. It hit 79 here yesterday I had the shop doors open. Last night a strong cold front rolled thru with big thunder storms .This morning it is in the 40s and a hard freeze is coming this weekend , then back up in to the 60s next week.Just crazy here this winter. March can be real tricky here though.Bruce..P.S. I might even have to cut the grass next week.LOL.

9. rpkiwi

rpkiwi
    from Truckee CA

Definitely still winter in Truckee,CA! IMG_2827 feb 25 2017.JPG

10. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

... Here comes the sun... in three days the sun has melted the snow from the truck... bankings dropped about 18"... ... ... bring it on !

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  11. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I thought I was dreaming because the sun came out today.

12. jnaki

jnaki

Hey Nor Cal/PNW guys,
    It looks like the next storm will miss your area... that little duck is ready to peck on So Cal by tonight.
    upload_2017-2-25_16-35-7.png
    Jnaki
    But, you never know what will happen to these crazy storms that are lined up to the horizon. The swirl from the tropical areas could swing it north...

13. AULIZ

AULIZ

Beautyful picture! postcard pic.

Aulis

14. deucendude

deucendude
    from norcal

22 FEET of snow on the ground just above Truckee Ca. !

15. 55zephyr

55zephyr

Fabulous picture, I like it.
    Ron.

16. WOW rpkiwi, Whats that white stuff? LOL. We don't get much here. Are you up in the mountians? Bruce.

18. rpkiwi

rpkiwi
    from Truckee CA

Bruce we are up in the Sierra Nevada range living at just above 6000 feet.This year is above average,but we do get 10-20 feet of that white stuff in a normal season here at the house.
    Up top Mt Rose one of the higher ski resorts has a reported base this year of 53 feet,at an elevation of about 9500.
    Roger

19. rpkiwi

rpkiwi
    from Truckee CA

Jnaki doesn't look like it will be missing us,reportedly 3-6" for us tonight!

20. jnaki

jnaki

yesterday at 430pm
    [​IMG]
    today at 340pm
    upload_2017-2-26_15-42-56.png
    Hey RPK
    You are right...since you are in Truckee, all weather patterns are cuckoo. Yesterday, it showed clearing for us after that duck comes in to peck. It rained last night and a little this morning. now, it is clear. Truckee, yesterday? nothing...
    For the Truckee area, today, it shows massive snow from a sneaker front from the north, not west as it has been all week. Down south, we are clear for a little while longer upload_2017-2-26_15-49-0.png
    Jnaki
    Buckle up and stay warm

21. WOW cool Roger.Thanks Bruce.

22. Early Ironman

Early Ironman

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Was just in the shop DAing a hood. Saw a flash and heard the thunder. Looked outside and it started snowing. Think this is the first time I have had snow and lightning at the same time.

rustymetal, kiwijeff and Stogy like this.
  23. dwollam

dwollam

I thought maybe our bad winter was nearly over. Wrong! Friggin cold today, then got hit by Graupel!
    Yes, it's a real thing. More snow/freezing rain predicted this week still.

Dave

24. 50s here yester and today 69 with some storms this afternoon and tomorrow 70s with some severe thunder storms coming thru with straight line winds and then a cool down again. I am going to sharpen the chain saw blade just in case with all the trees on our mountain top here. Last 2 nights i had the fire place going, now the windows will be open for the next 2 days and then the darn fire place will be going again towards the end of the week again.Just plain crazy here. They say its been the warmest Feb here on record. Bruce.

25. Warm here in NY too. It is usually a bit temperate being so close to the ocean and bay. We have seemed to dodge the deep freeze we usually get 2-3 weeks of. I probably have jinxed myself...

26. dwollam

dwollam

Crap, I thought maybe winter was nearly gone but it was cold and nasty today and it snowed again though nothing sticking. Weather guessers say we have another week of this. I guess it is my fault for starting this thread huh?!

Dave

27. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Still cold here in BC! Snowed on Sunday and supposed to get snow throughout the week. Taking the kids to Disneyland this month can't wait to get to SoCal and feel some warmth! Oh and I am gonna stop at mooneyes during the visit!!! Can't wait to buy some goodies

28. rpkiwi

rpkiwi
    from Truckee CA

Fitnessguy don't be heading to far North when you come to SoCal as you can expect to see this!Another 2 1/2 feet fell this past weekend.
    We are also heading to a warmer climate for a couple of weeks so will be just nice to see something that isn't snow. Haven't been of the hill here for 3 months so will be nice to see grass again! IMG_5396 3-6-2017.JPG

rustymetal, dwollam, kiwijeff and 4 others like this.
  29. Xman

Xman

Man, what a beautiful shot!

30. 55zephyr

55zephyr

great picture.