Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What would you pay for a 325 hemi cam?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bostonhemi, Feb 23, 2017.

1. bostonhemi

bostonhemi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was watching a cam being auctioned and I nearly fell over when I saw the winning bid. It was a Harmon-Collins roller cam for a 325 Dodge hemi.
    Winning bid:
    US $765.55
    [ 15 bids ]
    I thought you could have a cam made for about $400 and regrind $200.
    What would you pay?

2. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

I just watched an old school 241-270, NOS, Isky 3/4 cam & lifters start at 199 and end at 633, my last bid was 623. Apples & Oranges, maybe...................................................

stillrunners likes this.
  3. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

4. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

Since they are almost non existent I would have gladly paid that. New cores are impossible to find

falcongeorge likes this.

5. town sedan

town sedan

Don't know if I'd pay $800 for one, but they are hens teeth. When I took my 325 apart the cam was in good shape so hopefully it can be reground. A new cam would be great but..., as I said they are hens teeth. Still though a Hemi (at least in recent years) has never been cheap. Wouldn't it be nice to build a strong Hemi for the price of a 350 SBC?
    -Dave

6. bostonhemi

bostonhemi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well then check out ebay there are 2 more for sale now. One is ending tonight.

7. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Look up Delta cams in Google. Take the video tour, read all the info.
    Then give them a call...Ken helped me, he provided me (new) cores for my Ford 406 and my 59A flathead.
    They have a stock of cam cores that is remarkable.
    Grinding, metal spray service, Parkerizing all done on location. Prices extremely competitive.
    Solid & hydraulic lifters available...Had my mechanical 406 lifters on the shelf.
    I asked about cams for my 354 Chrysler and 276 Desoto Hemis. "No problem..."

8. bostonhemi

bostonhemi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks a lot Mike.