Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Mr. Gasket Company .. the beginning

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loudbang, Feb 20, 2017.

?
  1. Yes

67 vote(s)
    95.7%
  2. Hell no

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

I happened to be in the Billino Bros garage around 1969 which was the original Hrudka shop while they bent a roll bar for me in a Dune Buggy I was building. Mfg Gasket brought in a prototype gasket for Hrudka to approve. I am still astonished that the Gasket business grew to such a large business. I happen to have that Dune Buggy in my garage right now for repair.

loudbang likes this.
  2. If I am not mistaken, there was a third person as part of the business in the beginning. At the end of the first year the 3 partners, Joe, Tom, and the third person made a total of $ 25.00 per week from the business. The third partner sold his share to Joe, as he felt it was too much work for too little reward. Giving Joe 2/3 of the business. In the 1970's I went out to Tom Hrudka's house in Mount Royal, Ohio for a trade deal to get some very nice Anglia sheet metal for my brother, who later sold the Anglia parts with out giving me a chance to buy them. Tom showed me around one of their garages that had a lot of 1957 Chevrolets in it, including a 1957 Fuelly convertible that was found sitting in a field.

elgringo71 likes this.