Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 46-48 Plymouth coupe stainless beltline trim ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gene-koning, Feb 23, 2017.

1. gene-koning

gene-koning

Does anyone know if the belt line stainless trim is the same for a 46-48 Plymouth business coupe and a 46-48 Plymouth club coupe? The trim runs under the roof line, does it make a difference? Gene

2. coilover

coilover
    from Texas

I have a complete set for a 47 Plymouth coupe but don't know if it is from a BC or CC. If anything like a Ford then the door piece would be different. My 46 Ford CC is also called a "Long Door" coupe.

3. no55mad

no55mad

Gene, what is the length of your door? Will measure my club cpe tomorrow.

4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

NOPE! The business coupe is longer to compensate for the shorter door, and the deluxe coupe shorter.

5. daliant

daliant

Just an semi educated guess here, but I'd say there the same.
    I have four door rear fenders on my business coupe, so I'd say from the bottom of the glass line down the bodies were the same, shape wise at least. Business coupe doors look like they have same shape as club coupe doors and the trim fasteners look like they can slide inside of the actual stainless trim to line up in the holes in the body so I would say it's a go. But without having a business coupe door and a club coupe door in my hands I can't be 100%.
    I'd have to say it would be doable.

6. gene-koning

gene-koning

Guess I'll try to measure my doors tomorrow, if I remember. Gene

7. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

nope curve of the trunk line is different also.

8. tinsled

tinsled

With all due respect, I'd dare to disagree...
    Plymouth P15 used the same body (5W) for club coupe & business coupe - why the belt line trim would be different?
    Same age Dodge & DeSoto had 5W Club Coupe body and 3W business coupe, but P15 ran one body policy.
    My 2c worth...

9. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

The trim maybe the same but the bodies are quite different behind the door, the rear quarter windows and roofline are distinct, the business coupe shares its trunk lid with the convertible and will not fit the club coupe. The stop light bezels are also different to account for the different trunk lid curvatures. I believe the convertible and bus coupe trim has a sharper angle on the rear end of the pieces. I may stand corrected on the trim but the body differences are pretty clear.