Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods CupHolder Taboo

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MrPhat40, Feb 17, 2017.

1. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

2. Some of us who live in the country have to drive, I'm 40 min one way to work on the highway, 2 hours if we go to the "city", my HAMB friendly stuff is all projects but I drive an old pickup everyday, and yes I added cup holders. If you can't drink coffee and drive without crashing I'm not sure you should have a license! Oh and George, I enjoy driving long distances and usually only stop for fuel....

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  3. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

So I'm assuming that the "hard-core":rolleyes: road warriors that cant take time out to stop to eat and drink have one of these, right? I know, I know, I'll never be a "real" HAMBer...thank Christ...:rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

Muttley likes this.
  5. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

6. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

I simply can't find a coffee cup holder to fit my favorite brew... on the morning commute! w-Giant-Coffee-Cup75917.jpg

Stogy, Kan Kustom and loudbang like this.
  7. ...when I was a lot younger, I could drive my 64 Nova SS 4 speed while eating a piece of homemade pie off a plate with a fork and having a Coke from a pop top can.
    Don't do that anymore but still eat/drive ...

Kan Kustom, loudbang and clunker like this.
  8. phat rat

phat rat

I think it just boils down to some like driving and don't mind hours behind the wheel, to others over an hour or so it's a chore. A pit stop does not have to include a restaurant or food. Over 23 hours for a trip of just under 1000 mi. must have included a lot of long stops. A trip of that distance can easily be made in about 18 hrs towing

loudbang likes this.
  9. I'm sort of an outcast here, get HAMB beat downs often enough, but I could definitely use something like that, George. If they ever come out with a 12volt microwave oven I'm all over it. If Shark makes a blender with a usb cord, look out, I love a good smoothy.

This thread is making me hungry.

[​IMG]

10. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

I used to ride to school with my grizzled, whiskered uncle at the wheel, when I was kid....he would fill a large soup can with coffee...set it on his dash of his old pickup...and I'd watch it slide back and forth across the inner windshield....he'd grab it, slurp up a good mouthful, and then back it went to the wiper mode...a fascinating ritual....amazing how much time I was hypnotized by that coffee operation...musta worked, because I hardly ever said a word in the conversations!

Kan Kustom, loudbang and oldsjoe like this.
  11. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

ROFLMAO!!

12. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Dang George take a stress tab! Nobody said you have to install one! When I was in boot camp it was explained to me in this manner, (opinions are like assholes everybody has one and they all stink)!
    Rickey Nelson said it "you can't please everyone so you have to please yourself"! RELAX TAKE IT EASY! Joe

deadbeat and loudbang like this.
  13. 47streamliner

47streamliner
    from Huntley il

Stogy, Okie Pete and loudbang like this.
  14. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Nope. We were several hours in and around Roseberg. We had to rent a trailer, then drive another 15 miles out of town to pick up the car, load it on the trailer, load up parts ect. All told, we spent close to three hours in and around Roseberg, that included eating a late lunch. You are also overlooking two border crossings. Back wasn't too bad, but we were in the lineup for about 40 minutes on the way down. The time at the border you cant leave the vehicle, you are in a lineup, inching forward, so its seat time. We ate breakfast before we left, drove straight through to Roseberg in one stretch, ate there and loaded up, then drove straight back, stopped in Burlington and ate dinner at a fast food place. We both had to be back at work the next day.
    I really don't like to spend more than 4 hours at a stretch behind the wheel, but I have done it. Its NOT fun, its NOT comfortable, and with the expection of Fuzzy Night(because I know the trip he makes to get here for Ocean Park, and I see him there every year), I think its the usual HAMB bullshit, tall tales and posturing.
    I know for me, I can go 8 hours at a stretch without drinking, but I need a piss after 4. So fact is, if you guys are really driving 8 hours at a stretch without making any stops, you are wearing depends. Its all good, don't waste your time trying to convince me, because I know bullshit when I hear it.
    EDIT: In the interest of full disclosure, I missed one stop. We stopped in Blaine as soon as we crossed the border, and filled both tanks.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    Ned Ludd and Muttley like this.
  15. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Totally 100% relaxed, just calling bullshit on the bullshit, like usual. I dont find that stressful at all. I just don't like clowns making comments like this about guys who choose NOT to have them.
    "Understand this, Muttley. Many of us drive farther than across town when we cruise, and we might get hungry or thirsty. Now, if your ride is flathead powered, I understand why you stop every 18 miles or so. "

clunker and Muttley like this.
  16. taildragger1957

taildragger1957

In my 59 El Camino. Matches alright. And when I want to be a cool kid that doesn't have cupholders, the whole thing can get thrown behind my seat
    IMG_20160923_142936.jpg

BuiltFerComfort, loudbang and oldsjoe like this.
  17. jackalope

jackalope

18. jackalope

jackalope

Aside from the silly truth above in this meme, I used the duct tape holder in my 28. Actually I use a roll of Gorilla Glue Tape. Will hold my 44oz soda (or beer) on the way to/from the shop

upspirate likes this.
  19. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Did somebody say BEER

loudbang likes this.
  20. so what I've learned from this thread......It's stupid to have cup holders, its impossible to go more than 4 hours without taking a piss, no one has ever enjoyed driving long distances, if you disagree with any of the above you are automatically full of shit!! I'm done here.....

deadbeat, clunker, HemiDeuce and 4 others like this.
  21. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

and having a non Hamb period running car allows you to piss on everything and everyone as long as you ask for specific speed parts in your sig line....because we all know someday....

maplefrm likes this.
  22. Mmmmmm........Beer...........:)

23. southerncad

southerncad

Those are great units, got one in my '49,but it sits on the floor and painted to match the interior....plus it will hold a few brews and a little ice...somebody told me:D

taildragger1957, clunker and loudbang like this.
  24. 2014 I drove from Surrey British Columbia to San Diego in 25.5 hours with a stop for 1.5 hours to have lunch with a High School buddy. I would run for about 4 hours then have to stop for gas. Take a whizzz and be off again. 1400 miles total. Drank water and ever so often a shot of 5 hour energy.

loudbang, HemiDeuce and 57 Fargo like this.
  25. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

When I first read that I thought you traded her in for a nice set of twins :). Had to reread it.

fourspeedwagon, loudbang and i.rant like this.
  26. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Plus you can't drink coffee or water while driving in California.

27. Hot Rod Jerry

Hot Rod Jerry

There is just something fun about hitting the highway with a hot coffeein my nsra free give away coffee mug . Something to sip on for the first several miles. Still, I have no cup holder in Tweet.

28. modeleh

modeleh

Don't let one opinionated hoser ruin your day.

Lots of cool ideas for cup holders here. Especially the duct tape.

clunker and loudbang like this.
  29. trollst

trollst

34 years ago, my new wife, (same one now), went into the motel bathroom, started bawling, in Redding California, wanted to go home to Delta B.C. because, at the tail end of our vacation, she missed her kids. So....we loaded up my Harley Davidson, and rode home. Except for gas stops, most of the trip averaged 85 miles an hour, and we rode home in one jag. Never want to do that again, never will, in Blaine, I forgot to put my foot down and we fell over at the border crossing, border guard helped me pick her up, 40 miles later we were home. A shovelhead has no provision for a cup holder, still don't use them.

falcongeorge likes this.
  30. Falcon George didn't ruin my day! I normally agree with most he has to say, my post was mostly busting his balls, nothing personal at all!