Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Favorite ROUNDUP Pic!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BLAKE, Apr 3, 2006.

1. hatch

hatch
    from house

I guess I shouldn't post the pic of my one year old son bungie corded to my FLH...that was twenty three years ago...he's still screwed up.....(but just from being around me):)

2. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

1. Lurch is driving.... Do I get a 7th of a bottle of Tito's?

3. 40Tudor

40Tudor

OK - I'll bite....

1. pointy things on top of the carbs
    2. no fenders
    3. early Ford drag link
    4. exhaust exits slightly forward of the back of the passenger comparment
    5. scrub line?
    6. no hood
    7. A man with no legs is driving a car without hand controls

4. Southfork

Southfork

In the good ole days it probably was much safer to ride in the rumble seat than today because traffic was less, speeds were slower, and there weren't so many irresponsible kids and people with cell phones driving around. Everytime my 86-year old dad comes over to my place to visit he rminds me of how when he was a kid about 80 years ago his dad whipped out of the driveway of the house where I am now living in a 24 Model T touring and flung my dad off into the borrow pit because my dad was a young tike hanging onto the rear touring door when its latch decided to let go. I think that's pretty funny, but the old cars weren't too safe then, and they aren't now either unless were have made them so.

5. Dirty2

Dirty2

Hows this one. This is what happens after tooo much fun.

Attached Files:

6. 67Imp.Wagon

67Imp.Wagon

Exactly what I was going to say.

1. Lurch is driving.
    2. Lurch is driving.
    3. Lurch is driving.
    4. Lurch is driving.
    5. Looks like a open beer in the cockpit
    6. Not enough room inside cause Lurch is pretty tall.
    7. and Lurch is driving.

7. 67Imp.Wagon

67Imp.Wagon

Picture of Bob Wilson is classic.Hes one of the coolest guys ever. Good job Flt-Blk on getting that one.

But wait, hes not wearing his helmet and he might get rearended by a big truck.:eek:

8. Splinter

Splinter

Kid in the first pic DOES look miserable. Like my pops used to say, as I was climbin' out from underneath the '29 Packard, covered in 70-year-old road tar-"Builds character, boy!"
    Got all the character I need now, Pop.
    Just ask MY kids...

9. Crease

Crease

I just wanted to point out a few of the many positive aspects of the picture. Haven is 5 and spends about every single free moment with his dad. Haven goes to junkyards with us, car shows, swaps, races and just about everywhere. Because of Sandman and Kelli's investment, Haven is an absolute joy to be around. I can't argue that rumble seats or even hot rods are a safe place for any of us, but just wanted you to know why Blake loved the picture.

10. rustfarmer

rustfarmer
    from Hawaii

Yeah its a cool pic - looks like fun. But, I would have to side with the "safety police" with this one. I let my kid take his bumps and bruises and try not to shelter him but I don't endanger him either. I'm sure if you could see half the stuff firefighters or paramedics see on a daily basis you would realize this is probably not a good idea. We all have done worse things growing up and we think because we survived - it's alright. But, lets face it cool or not the kid is not exactly having his best intrests looked after.

aloha,
    rustfarmer

11. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

Cool pic BLAKE. Too bad the peanut gallery posted in your thread. :rolleyes:

12. Jai

Jai
    from Dallas, Tx

You have no idea.

I remember riding in the rumble seat of my dads '30 Buick as a leetle wahn, and those are some of the most profound moments that I will remember. Even though he ran the original straight 6 putter in it, that car, that rumble seat, going down the road at a whopping 35 mph is what impacted me the most growing up. Damn I love that car.

13. Jai

Jai
    from Dallas, Tx

Great pic btw. They just look so much better driving down the road than they do sitting in the fairgrounds don't they?

14. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

Better call the WAAmbulance.

You guys are a bunch of sissies.

15. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Sandman is my Hero, period

16. lesabre59

lesabre59

I have a 2 year old daughter and when shes old enough shes going with me in my Model A to car shows, swap meet just like Sandmans boy, everytime I see them together thats one happy child, lifes full of risk and dangers and I personally built my car and I'm my lil girls parent, so if i deem my car safe, then I cant control the actions of others. These two have a great relationship which is more than I can say for some kids and there perfectly-safe, SUV driving parents....oh wait you mean they discovered SUVs ARENT SAFE!! nuff said!

17. baytowngreaser

baytowngreaser

Lurch's beard looks unsafe!

-eddie

18. Blake thanks for posting the picture. It was great as always to see you. The event was fantastic and thanks to all who made it happen.
    Haven (Sandboy) Loves all our toys and he's been riding his own motorcycle since the age of three, he has been in the shop with me since the age of 1, we just finished a go cart for him, I have pictures of him helping with the Z'ing of the frame, he goes on all the junkyard runs and swapmeets with the guys, he is my right hand man, friend, pal, and son. At the age of 5 now he knows the do's and don'ts of hot rod edicoutte way more than most adults.
    Back to the event, can we just do it all again next weekend?

Sandman
    Barons
    So.Texas
    Where even the kids have fun!

19. BLAKE

BLAKE

Ooooh... nice try guys, but here's the answers we were looking for...

1. Looks like rain, but where's LURCH's jacket? Is he trying to catch pneumonia..?

2. No shroud... spinning blade... one wayward H5N1-infected pigeon later, you got yerself an avian flu pandemic.

3. Them pointy things... nice job CLEATUS!

4. Hmmm... is that govt surplus (i.e., lead-based) paint covering them chop scars..?

5. That screw head on my coupe door looks kinda sharp... nasty forearm scratch just waitin' to happen.

6. Two words... tetanus and lockjaw.

7. LURCH is driving! LURCH is driving!

Attached Files:

20. Jai

Jai
    from Dallas, Tx

Baaaaaaahahahahaha!!!! Blake, that was awesome!!!!

do it again

21. Jai

Jai
    from Dallas, Tx

Hahahaha, this is what I get for not reading the entire thread. Before my first post I read probably the first 2 posts, then posted. I had no idea this thing turned into a safety brigade meeting.

It was a cool picture to capture the feel of a great weekend. Lighten the hell up folks.

I had that same face when I rode back there too, wind will do that ya know. Oh, and there's no latch or anything in answer to your question upchuck. Depending on the car, the rumble seat leans back slightly and the weight of the lid holds it open. But trust me, it would take someone coming up and forcing the thing down for it to close. It's not at all like an open deck lid.

I reiterate, nice picture Blake. It really did capture the feel of the weekend.

22. RF

RF

Ha ha! Well, I guess that changes my position on this...go ahead and keep your kids in the back of your hot rods, restraint seats or not. Hell, strap 'em to your beer keg fuel tanks for that matter. You don't wanna question your image of "toughness" now, do you?

23. Rusty

Rusty

Heres mine.

[​IMG]

Danyelle (Dirty Little SIS) has been riding in hotrods since she was born. She rides in the Chopped 32 Sedan everywhere, She has logged over 15,000 miles in the last year and a half, Including trips to California, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Missouri, etc. If it aint safe for your kids then it aint safe for you. If you feel your car is not safe enough for your kids or your family then you need to go back and make it safe. You will never get them safe enough for todays standards. My pops added a roll bar just in case and seatbelts for the car seat. This summer my daughter will go lots of places with me in the roadster. Relax poeple it is the other idiots you got to worry about not the cars we build.

24. RF

RF

Just so everyone doesn't think I'm knocking anyone's cars, I'm not. Dirty's comment is my exact point. You have no control over other's actions on the road, and I've been in/seen too many fucked up accidents caused by "idiots" in my lifetime. My son goes everywhere in my Bel Air and '53 pickup, but I obviously adjust my driving habits accordingly. Call me a sissy all you want...I'll let my kid kick you in the nuts.

25. KIRK!

KIRK!

I can't remember a modern hot rod accident where it was the hot rod's fault. It seems like it's almost always the rubber-necker's that smash our shit.

26. 53burb

53burb

Rob. I see yer kid does yer dirty work for ya. Very well done, sinsa! hehe! I here ya on the driving part with kids on board. I too one day will have a little one and I am not going to risk trying to prove my machoism to a bunch of rice burners or or whomever wants to prove that they can risk the chance of them and others or maybe even a fatality, god forbid! I look at it as how I look getting to point b and c then how fast I can get there. I guess it comes with age that now I am in the 40 bracket.

27. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

You nailed it. "Adjusting driving habits." I remember going to RedBluff, CA to go jeeping with my dad as a kid and hanging on the roll gage(1975), but now I imagine he would make me sit down and not figit around.

28. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Of all places i didn't figure the safety police would monitor the HAMB. Afterall, fathers are for fun and mothers are for safety! Without my hot rod dad i would not ride in half the cars i ride in today!

29. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

30. This has got to be the best pic of the show.

I'ts finally starting to sink in what a good time I missed.:(

Attached Files: