Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Does the HAMB really need another shoebox build thread?

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Big A, Sep 14, 2011.

1. 32coop

32coop
    from Australia

Just gotta shoebox myself. Rereading this thread while I'm at work. Any luck with the paint? Everything looks Fantastic.

2. 32coop

32coop
    from Australia

Thanks 49 ford coupe I just had a quick look. I'm at work at the moment. Looks really good. Thanks

3. Here's the latest update... there's nothing to update. I guess I'll be looking for another painter and attempting the delicate art of extricating my car from paint shop incarceration. In the almost year since my car has been sitting, the one and only DIY paint booth in town that could be rented went out of business. Comedy of errors.

Floater03 and Dog_Patch like this.
  4. Ralphies54

Ralphies54

Lots of luck on that process, my pal left his Mustang at a shop and said work on it whenever and a year or so later the shop was sold {no one told my pal} and the new owner had no idea who owned that car sitting in the corner. Cleaning up his new shop the new owner threw out all the trim to the mustang and other stuff which was scattered around the place. 6 months later my pal gets wind of the change and goes for his car, nope, sorry, no title, no nothing, not your car any more. The best Lawyer in the area could do nothing for him, as nothing was in writing. No description of work to be done,no time restraints, no vin #, nothing to prove ownership. Lesson learned way to late. Not saying you will suffer similar problems, but just want to warn others that might read this post. Ralphie

5. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Andrew, when you go to free your shoebox from prison, it might not be a bad idea to consult a lawyer so that you just where you stand on this. Also might be a good idea to be accompanied by a friend who is well respected in the community and NOT A RELATIVE with you as a witness.
    Knowing you, I'm sure you have all your paperwork in order.

6. FN CANADIAN PAINTERS!!!!!! Good luck Andrew - what is the excuse? He's just lazy?

7. ship it to Tonys guy, take a 3 day vacation down there and it would be done

flt-blk likes this.
  8. The painter is a friend of a friend, and our mutual friend is a very well respected member of the motorcycle enthusiast community. If it comes down to it, I'm hoping it will only take a conversation and a handshake. If all else fails I'm sending Circus Bear a plane ticket :D

My '41 is blown apart all over my garage, so I don't have anywhere to put the shoebox. I'm content to let it sit for awhile longer while I ponder my options.

GAOldsman and Floater03 like this.
  9. So he officially gave up? If you are still going to leave it there is there no chance he will start on it?

10. Dang I'd prolly at least get my hands on it and put it in the back yard.. have heard stories of guys losing their cars due to shops going broke and/or theft and/or tax issues and the feds come get everything under the roof.... just sayin'

11. He's still there and the car's still there, it's just sitting gathering dust while he finds other things to do. I'll be talking to him in the next couple of days if I can track him down.

12. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Andrew, if it were me, before I had a talk with him I would figger out just what you can do with your car should that be needed. I mean what if you go talk to him about the lack of progress and no work being done, and he gets all pissed off and tells you to get the shoebox outta his shop?
    You want to already have a place to put it.

13. swazzie

swazzie

Curious as to how this has played out. I'm not on here much anymore but still get on to follow this thread. Hope all is well....

Floater03 likes this.
  14. BTTT for updates :)

stealthcruiser likes this.
  15. It's going to get moved to the front of the shop and all the guys will be on it shortly. Should be in paint in 2, maybe 3 weeks, tops.

Or at least that's what the guy tells me every time I talk to him. It's been the same answer for almost 2 years now.

I took the bench seat from my '41 to an upholstery guy in March. Still no sign of that either.

I'm back to renovating on my house. Tinkering with my Model A. Picking away at my '41. Cleaning my shotgun.

16. Sorry to hear man.

I just recently bought a HVLP set up. Supposed to be the tits with little overspray. If the body work was done, I'd suggest we just rent a bay for a weekend and get after it ourselves. Hopefully something starts to give.

GAOldsman and Dog_Patch like this.
  17. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

I am truly sorry to hear this.Good luck and good wishes.

18. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

I'm ready to fly up and help facilitate conversations. Sounds like you already have a shotgun I would bring my pistols but those are not allowed. Pit bulls either so I can't bring dog to lick him until gives in. I guess I will have to lick his face.

Good lead into a great story. I was at my favorite dive bar and there were 3 non regulars passive aggressively tucking with people. I final got pissed off and stood up and from across the bar I yelled "if you guys don't stop being assholes I'm gonna come over there and every one of you." You should have seen their faces. They calmed down and bought me a beer and a shot.

Sent from my VS501 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

PBRmeASAP, Woogeroo and Dog_Patch like this.
  19. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Damn,thats not good at all,Andrew.Maybe its time to say to the painter that he can continue the paint thinner sniffing and find an another painter,who keep his words?

20. I miss my peace making bear! First time we met you said you have never been in a fight. o_O You just stand up and everyone becomes friends. :D

21. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

just drop to a knee and swipe his legs.

:D

-W

22. If we can get DOM's roaster running we can get yours painted. When you bringing it south of the border?

Sent from my SM-J327V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Woogeroo likes this.
  23. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

So I just heard that as usual I left a word out of a sentence. In the story I told them I was gonna HUG every one of them

Sent from my VS501 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

24. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I thought maybe you had said you were gonna KISS every one of them, which would have scared the everlovin SHIT outta me:eek::confused:o_O

PBRmeASAP likes this.
  25. swazzie

swazzie

Sorry to hear that bro. My hope is that you continue to fuel the You that digs Rodz and Kustomz. Not many of us really get to discover who we are inside. You know! God speed mang. IMG_2827.JPG

Dog_Patch likes this.
  26. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

Circus Bear's need love too DOM.

Besides, your beard would probably tickle too much.

:D

Big A - hope ya get it sorted soon.

-W

27. Bummer....sucks that some people are such ass holes. If CB heads up to hug the painter I hope you get pictures

Dog_Patch and Woogeroo like this.
  28. Dare to dream... there might be some actual progress...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:eek:

29. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Stay after them for further work. About time!