Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs What's your least favorite hamb friendly car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RaginPin3Appl3, Feb 18, 2017.

1. RaginPin3Appl3

RaginPin3Appl3

I was thinking about 58 oldsmobiles earlier and thought man that is one ugly car. What is your least favorite hamb friendly ride?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. rush549

rush549
    from Kansas

41-42 Fords. And unchopped, channeled and/or sectioned anything.

Ned Ludd and Flatblack 31 like this.
  3. squirrel

squirrel

there was a LOT of ugly made for the 1958 model year!

and I'm not very keen on the post war styling, either. although the GMs weren't as bad as most of the others.

4. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I would guess it would be a 32 Ford but somehow I think that might pi$$ someone off:p

5. This is a loaded question and like playing Russian Roulette ~ I'll take the high road and say I like them all,I already have enough enemy's I don't need any more.:rolleyes:

Being critical of any make or body style that falls in the category of hamb friendly is akin to picking out a individual from the 1,051,115 members and kicking him in the balls,you are going to piss someone off.

HRP

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  6. norms30a

norms30a

I just can't warm up to 4 door cars new or old.

6sally6, chopped, Pats55 and 10 others like this.
  7. I can see this thread is headed for the trash...

8. Wyld Deuce

Wyld Deuce
    from ...

Most of the vehicles made by Chrysler/Plymouth/Dodge .

9. thunderplex

thunderplex

... There are plenty of cars I think are ugly, ...stock or customized. But, the owners are just as proud of their cars as I am of mine. Bravo to all...!!!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  10. I think there are none.
    All are timeless, classic, good looking cars.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chop job and Cosmo49 like this.
  11. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

Pretty much me too except a few of the mid 50s 4 door hardtops I can tolerate, like a 56 Sedan Deville and a 4 door hard top station wagon

56cadillackid, D-Russ and norms30a like this.
  12. upspirate

upspirate

cars with artillery wheels

13. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

I like em all if I had to pick a year that a ugly car wasn't made of any make possibly 1961. Wait the 61 valiant was ugly at every angle.:D

6-bangertim and Montana1 like this.
  14. After a few beers they all start looking good, then the next thing ya know there's one in your garage. Kind of like late night women in a bar.

15. There's gonna be a war here shortly....
    (me shakes head)

Be safer to talk trash about someone's gal friend!!!!

16. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

They all made some duds, especially after the war years. The smooth flowing lines of the art deco years were replaced with some fat ugly bulges and later on covered with tons of chrome and polished metal. In the haste to put something new looking to post war designs, lots of stuff was tacked on, hacked on, and just generally out of place on a lot of cars. Even though they started to find their footing again in the mid to late 50's, they all had some duds in the lineup, and to this day, still do. What looks good on a drawing board, or now, a computer screen, doesn't always come off the same in the flesh, er, metal. But for every ugly design out there, there is somebody that likes it. Maybe not many, but there is always that few....

17. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

You can like them because they are funny looking, but funny looking they are. They could also be pretty damn fast and deserve some respect for that.
    [​IMG]

18. LostBoy

LostBoy

I agree that they all are timeless classics but those avanti's are strange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. slowmotion

slowmotion

'Hamb friendly' is everything 1965 & before, per Ryan's rules. That's alot of cars. Hell, 90% of 'em are ugly, the other half are cool as hell! :eek:

:D

20. Gman0046

Gman0046

I have a hard time wrapping my mind around some of the outrageous fifties and sixties customs. Some of those were down right Fugly in my estimation. Never got used to seeing kitchen cabinet draw pulls installed on grills. I've always been concerned with making my cars go faster rather then make them look outlandish.

Gary

21. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

beauty in the eye of the owner

Cosmo49 and hotrodharry2 like this.
  22. Well, since anything in the right year range is HAMB friendly, I'll vote for this guy.
    1949-Nash-Ambassador-Project.jpg

23. Any pre 1965 car is a million times more interesting than any appliance sold today. If I had to pick one ugly duckling, I couldn't.

The one that is most overrated? Yes I would say that for the respect they demand, as cool and historical as '32 Fords are, they aren't any nicer than '30-31's or '33-'34's, to me.

Now, let the "soap in pillow case"-"Full Metal Jacket"-"middle of the night"-"buddy holding me down"-"near death" beating begin.

Cosmo49 and ClarkH like this.
  24. Latigo

Latigo

Just my opinion but I think they were all appropriate and unique for their time and place in history. I can appreciate that. I like them all.

Elcohaulic, Cosmo49 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  25. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Maybe hot rodding is kind of like barbecue? You take the rejects that no one likes plain and spice them up until delicious. That Nash looks like a burnt end in need of HAMB sauce.

26. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

27. Ever hear the old adage? " The two most overrated things in this world is teenage nookie & 1932 Fords." HRP

28. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Darn! I am fresh out of popcorn.

HotRodLincoln50 likes this.
  29. bchctybob

bchctybob

I'm with Norms30A, I just can't seem to warm up to 4 doors.
    I've never been a lover of Model T or A "speedsters" either, just no interest in 'em.
    There were a lot of somewhat "ugly' cars in the HAMB range but in visionary and talented hands they are transformed into breathtaking artwork. Such is our hobby.

30. Nothing against the OP but I can see this thread alienating some of the members.

So here's a double whammy to take the heat off of some of the aforementioned cars ~ my old 1932 4 door,bring on the hate and discontent. HRP

[​IMG]