Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Looks Like Mark Rogerson AKA Fast Elvis was in car accident

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod_willie, Feb 13, 2017.

1. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

Keep Mark and family in your prays. I saw post on facebook that Mark Rogerson was in car accident and he is in serious condition.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    Flatblack 31 and Stogy like this.
  2. Apparently he and Dennis were travelling to the Paris flea market when Mark hit some black ice, spun out and hit a tree. Dennis died at the scene. Mark is in serious but stable condition with a deflated lung and multiple fractures. (I have not heard any new details since last night.)

We're all pulling for you @Fast Elvis!

Stogy likes this.
  3. catdad49

catdad49

This is sad, prayers for Mark and Dennis' family. Please be careful guys, you just never know.

4. quickchangeV8

quickchangeV8

Terrible news!!!! I was at the Paris swap meet on Sunday and driving conditions getting there were quite unfavorable. Lots of heavy moisture laden snow falling, creating lots of slush on the road surface. You had to drive slowly according to the road conditions. 2017 is getting off to a very poor start as we have lost too many really good hot rod people already, and now this tragic accident. My sincere condolences to the Dennis Wilson family and many friends. Hang in there Mark and get yourself all healed up. All of us here need the "Prez" to help all of us along and to make sure we are all pointed in the right direction.

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Very sad news.....Mark is the most die-hard Gear Head I know.... his passion has no depth .Condolenses for the Wilson Family.....Tragic.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Oh shit. Mark is one of my favorite Canadians....next to Celine Dion. Hope he's ok. If anyone has any info on where he is, I'd like to send him a care package.

7. I'll find out and get back to you.

8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Wow - do know how dangerous black ice is - wishing Mark a speedy recovery. Sincere sympathy goes out to the Dennis Wilson Family, and friends.

markl350 likes this.
  9. 31Apickup

31Apickup

Sad to hear, my condolences to Dennis' s family and a speedy recovery for Mark. My brother & I met Mark at the HAMB chop in 2005, then would bump into him on occasion at Autorama, etc alwayd a great guy talk to.

10. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

11. Man that is terrible to hear.

Prayers sent out to both families.

Jim

12. Roadagent2

Roadagent2

Mark is out of Intensive care as of yesterday. I went to the visitation for Dennis. I have never been to a visitation with so many people. Stood in line for 90 minutes in order to give my condolences. RIP Dennis…you will be remembered as a welcoming friendly man.
    Hoping for a speedy recovery for Mark. All our hearts go out to both families.

13. Don't think I have ever sent best wishes and condolences in the same post but here goes-
    Truly sad news-sending All good vibes your way Mark for a speedy recovery -also
    My sincere condolences and sympathies to you and Dennis's family and friends for this tragic loss.
    My thoughts and prayers are with all the family and extended family of the ELTA brotherhood at this difficult time.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

14. A few items. First:
    Cards can be sent to the following address:

Mark Rogerson
    c/o Mike Roi
    Hanford's Tire and Service
    337 Ridout St. North
    London, Ontario, Canada, N6A 2N8

Second:
    WILSON, Dennis Alan - Of St. Thomas passed away suddenly as the result of a car accident in Middlesex on Sunday, February 12, 2017 at the age of 65. Dearly loved husband of Rona (Schellenberger) Wilson and loving father of Sharon Wilson (James Corbin) of Aurora, Scott Wilson of St. Thomas and step-father of Tyler (Karen) Stanfield of London and Michelle (Mark) Small of England. Proud grandpa and papa of Riley, Christian, Katelyn, Jordan, Molly, Finn, Bella-Maria and Evie. Dear son of Jean Lammiman of St. Thomas and the late Earl Wilson (2007), dear son-in-law of Violet Cook (Ralph)of Stratford and the late Ron Schellenberger. Dear brother of Ken (Mary) Wilson of Aylmer, John “Tub” (Mary) Wilson, Betty (Charlie) Rewbotham, Diane (Denny) O’Brien, all of St. Thomas and the late George Wilson (1965). Dear brother-in-law of Janet (Jim) McNichol of Stratford, Sherry (Leo) VanDe Wetering of Sebringville, Pete (Frieda) Schellenberger of Millbank, Debbie (Paul) Moffatt of Stratford, Wendy (Mike) Holman of Stratford and was predeceased by brother-in laws Doug and Mark Schellenberger. Dennis is survived by numerous nieces, nephews and cousins and many friends. He was born June 30, 1951 in St. Thomas. He was retired from the City of St. Thomas (Work’s Department) and was a member of Plains Baptist Church. He was a member of the East London Timing Association and the Ontario Nostalgia Drag Racers. Resting at WILLIAMS FUNERAL HOME, 45 Elgin St., St. Thomas where visitation will be held on Wednesday from 2-4 & 7-9 p.m. The funeral service will be held at the Masonic Center (42703 Fruit Ridge Line, St. Thomas) on Thursday at 11:00 a.m. Interment to follow in Plains Cemetery. Donations may be made to the Plains Baptist Church or the East London Timing Assoc., in memory of Dennis.13145980

Third:
    Dennis
    16806798_10154791119676690_9110606895191974088_n.jpg
    Dennis's hotrod
    16684369_10154207529545936_7585302121341657266_n.jpg

Fourth:
    Mark
    16640949_10212016929362582_2446735833579809345_n.jpg
    (Stolen from Dave McKee)

I'm not sure if you were at the afternoon visitation or evening one. I know for the evening visitation, I arrived at 7:10 and gave my condolences just before 11. It was truly warming to see how many turned out to pay their respects. Lots of club jackets in the mix.

15. Roadagent2

Roadagent2

We were at the afternoon visitation….seem like the evening had an even bigger turn out. Well deserved for sure.

16. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

sorry to hear of this, god be with the familys.

17. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

don't know either of these guys, very sorry to hear of Mr. Wilsons passing, my condolences to his family.

18. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

It was my pleasure to meet Mark at ELTA when we visited in 2016. Unfortunately I didn't get to meet Dennis as he wasn't there when we were. Prayers to family and friends.

19. Oh no, I'm just seeing this now. Missed it here and don't do FB.

So very sorry to hear about Dennis' passing. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

I hope Mark is improving and doing ok. I can't imagine how he's feeling emotionally and physically. Hang in there brother, stay strong.

20. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sad...very Sad...Condolences to the Wilson family and friends on the sudden loss of Dennis. Heartfelt wishes also for a timely recovery for @Fast Elvis.

Regards,
    Stogy

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  21. hotroddonnie

hotroddonnie

Sad to hear this!!! Get well Mark! Sorry to hear about your friend Dennis!

22. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Condolences to Dennis' family. Godspeed Brother. Prayers for both and a speedy recovery for Mark.

23. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Met Fast Elvis in Detroit 08 Awesome guy! Get better soon!

24. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

So sorry to hear about Dennis! Our condolences to his friends and family. He was a great guy and very friendly. We Met him in Detroit for the first time when he had his altered in the Autorama and he was such a genuine person.

And Mark, get well soon brother! You're one of the most passionate and friendly hot rodders we've ever met! Hang in there! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

25. My heartfelt condolences to the Wilson family and friends, and certainly prayers for Mark's speedy recovery.