Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods GNRS VS The Classic Auto Show ???? WTF ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HellsHotRods, Jan 3, 2017.

1. roundvalley

roundvalley

I would prefer the GNRS.====== traditional.

2. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

I've been going to the GNRS since when it was in Oakland , And I've lived in SoCal my entire life . Personally , I wouldn't drive to downtown LA for any event , not even the GNRS if it was there .

Pewsplace and hotroddon like this.
  3. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

No need to drive to DWTWN L.A., you can ride the rails.

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

My daughter lives out there now so she did the driving, glad we went to the Velocity show Friday night, saw some cars I'd never have seen otherwise. That Bruce Meyer Bentley was worth the trip for me. I saw Bruce at the GNRS and told him so. Saw your Roadster again and took more photos of the grille chin guard, maybe we'll meet at the LARS. Bob

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  5. MrPhat40

MrPhat40

Your post is why H.A.M.B is the best.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. The37Kid

The37Kid

Two INDY 500 cars that were at the Velocity event. Bob DSCF6619.JPG DSCF6625.JPG

7. It's moved to March 2th - 4th in 2018.

8. metalman

metalman

I'm cheap yet those prices seem like a bargain to me (well maybe not $25 to park) compared to our local stuff. We had our big indoor show last week, $18 to get in, $5 to park. Difference is I saw everything I wanted to in an hour, maybe 6 out of town cars worth looking at, the rest local cars we see for free at cruise night. I'd gladly pay the extra for a show I could enjoy for a whole day.

The37Kid likes this.
  9. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

I came from the other side of the pond to see what GNRS was about and it was great!
    That Classic auto show sounded like a celebrity bullshit show to me and for my friends,who were there with me.So we skipped that one and used our time better.

pat59 likes this.