Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Car in Gallup NM how to get it to Phoenix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by amadeus, Feb 15, 2017.

1. amadeus

amadeus

Hello fellow HAMB'rs!
    Need your help/advise, a friend of mine is interested in a car located in Gallup, NM.
    Anyone near by that could take a good look at this car and help inspecting it?
    Also, if the car checksout ok, it will need transport to Phoenix ,AZ.
    Do you Know of a good transport Service that is classic car friendly that services AZ-NM?

Any help and advise is greatly appreciated!!

2. JW,

Your friend needs to take a road trip ......

Bring a trailer & pick up the car .....

That is the short answer - here is the reason why:

Gallup, NM to Phoenix, AZ is only 300 miles.
    If someone is headed west on I-40 they are probably full by the time they reach Gallup.
    They are probably heading west to Barstow, CA.
    Not much demand to haul into Phoenix - healthy market there.

The unloaded miles needed to make that trip happen are equal or greater
    than the loaded miles - that means your friend's best bet is to rent or borrow
    the equipment to go after that himself.

Every day I get calls from folks wanting short hauls of less than 500 miles.
    Seldom am I less than 500 miles away from where I vehicle needs to be picked up.
    You can't haul at a loss if you run an actual business offering insured transport.

I have been on the HAMB since 2008.
    Alliance Member every year.

Jim

Screenshot 2017-01-31 at 8.53.55 PM.png

Model A Family.jpg

015.JPG

3. amadeus

amadeus

Jim, thanks for the input!

trulyvintage likes this.
  4. JW,

No problem ...

I always give advice based on what I think is best for someone's situation.

It usually does not involve my services - but what is in the best interest of
    somebody should not be based on me making money ....

Jim

5. amadeus

amadeus

And it is very much appreciated Jim!
    This is one of those circumstances that input from someone that knows helps us make the right decisions; Worse comes; we will turn this into an epic road trip!
    Thank You again!
    JW

6. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

I was selling a car(Miata) a few years back. The potential buyer wanted to have the car inspected which is not a problem for me. The buyer made an appointment for the inspection with the Mazda dealer near me. I took the car to the dealership. They used their check off sheet and inspected the car. He bought the Miata and was very happy with the car as the inspection was spot on. What I am saying, is, he can always have the car inspected by someplace he trusts if he doesn't want to travel.

Like TrulyVintage said, he should make the trip. It's only about 300 miles. He would get better eyes on and it's only about 4 hours out of his day on Route 66.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. amadeus

amadeus

Hi Dave!

That is a good suggestion and have actually done that on other OT cars :)

I apologize; I should have been more detailed; We are actually in Los Angeles CA, The car my buddy wants is in Gallup NM, The plan was to drop off the car on the way back @ Industrial Chassis In Phoenix to let Steve and the crew at IC work their talent on the car. Looking at the map; Gallup is kind off the beaten path from the major airports and that's the reason why we hoped for a HAMBER or someone close by to be able to inspect it and possibly drop off the car at IC (if possible) being that this is a classic car and such; expertise and knowledge of a classic car was something we could get from a HAMBER. (This would have prevented us from an unnecessary 1000K + mile 1 way trip if the car turned out to be a turd..)
    We are still waiting on detailed pics from the seller on the frame and what ever damage(rust) the car could have, unfortunately; sometimes someone's idea of what is wrong or right on a vehicle that is for sale doesn't match the expectations of the potential buyer. Road trip is still a possibility :)

JW

Flathead Dave likes this.
  8. I have some time here on the old interweb while I am waiting on a transport
    out of Florida to the Northeast to fill ....

I have made a lot of friends across the country over many years.

I have a good friend in Holbrook, AZ who is more than capable of laying
    eyes on the car & letting you know what he thinks ....

Sent you a PM.

Give me a call if you want his name & number ....

Otherwise .....

There does not seem to be an actual independent inspection service based in Gallup.

There is this nationwide service that claims to have inspectors serving Gallup, NM:

http://lemonsquad.com/?gclid=CMn0873HldICFdcYgQod3fABJQ

Jim
    260-804-6695

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  9. amadeus

amadeus

Trulyvintage,
    You have been very helpful!
    I greatly appreciate your time and expert advise! I have forwarded the contact info to my friend. Again, MANY THANKS!!

JW

trulyvintage likes this.
  10. amadeus

amadeus

To all the fine Folks that offered help and advise, Thank YOU!
    My buddy ended up with a car that we picked up in Sacramento this past Saturday, it was a waaay better car and closer (driving distance) .
    Weather in CA has been pretty crazy and made for a fun and thrilling road trip LOL! Again, THANK YOU!!