Register now to get rid of these ads!

Some cars I found inOK.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by prl98, Jul 8, 2007.

1. prl98

prl98

It's not like he does not care about the cars, he has a big tank of weed killer in the back of a '50 cev truck and sprays reg. In fact he was spraying the day I was there. And He does not like it if people open the doors, because as he says people dont close them back all the way and he has to go around and make sure that they are closed.

2. oktr6r

oktr6r
    from Tulsa

Pretty much straight north from you, west of Tulsa a ways.

3. I see none of you guys were able to buy anything, they are still there, maybe a few more (As of 8/06/09).
    The owner is in his 80's and says he's NOT interested in selling parts but would sell complete cars....Then said nobody is willing to pay what they're "really worth".
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  4. dbradley

dbradley

For those who don't believe it, they are there. I have breakfast about every Sunday just down the street from them. The guy that owns them comes in most of the time. His daily driver is a pretty neat '36 Coupe. He has quite a few that run and are tagged. Mostly stored in the buildings along with more vintage speed equipment than you can imagine. My bud and I go up and BS with him every once in a while. And, he knows what they're worth. NOTHING there is cheap. Priced just high enough that he can keep them :D

5. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

they are all lined with platinum , and have gold lug nuts , get off my lawn im gonna restore em all

6. old1946truck

old1946truck

[​IMG]

That is a cool looking truck what year is it?

7. old1946truck

old1946truck

Yeah but the crusher his family will bring in will finish them all off in a day then its off to china for scrap.

8. Cool pics! I had a 40 Olds coupe like that red one....

9. Larry T

Larry T

There was an old guy (kinda like this one) that had an old wrecking yard in Altus, Ok. He was REAL hard to deal with. When he died, his son decided to sell everything in the yard. The only trouble was the crusher was paying more for the cars than any of the "saviors" wanted to give. He ended up crushing a lot of the cars and is still trying to sell the rest. It takes a seller and a buyer to save an old car.
    Larry T

10. vertible59

vertible59

What's the story on the green Ford panel truck? Almost looks like you could drive that baby away...WOW!

11. havi

havi

I've witnessed this firsthand. I wasn't feeling good for weeks.

12. TJratz

TJratz

Im not sure if this is the same place (it doesnt appear to be) But just south of Stillwater, Oklahoma (Like 1 mile) there is a salvage yard with nothin but old cars and EVERYTHING is for sale. Just FYI

13. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Looks like a 37 Chevy. Sweet little pickup. :cool:

14. piker

piker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ive been to quite a few yards like this over the years.What Ive noticed is that most of these guys are not unreasonable . I think they get tired of showing the cars to dreamers asking how much for this how much for that? Some guys act like kids in a candy store and they are able to see right thru them.Take some green stuff along and concentrate on one car and make them an reasonable offer.If not tell them you are interested in parts.Then you have a reason to go back (again and again) till they know you ,and you might also get your parts(if they will sell). You can also leave you number and they might call you back. My .02 cents. Good Luck!

15. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Me too!! Can I go, Can I, Can I, Can I!:D:D

16. vertible59

vertible59

There used to be a place in Cool Springs, VA that was an old Kaiser Frazier dealership. I heard many stories about it, but the most prevalent was that it had been tied up in a bitter divorce settlement for years. Nothing in the yard behind the old dealership was newer than 40s, and most of the residents were in the 30s. Cars there included a '32 Ford 3 window, '34 Ford 2-dr, '33 Pontiac 2-dr, '47 Chevy sedan delivery, several Model A's, and many others of interest.

I could go on all night with descriptions and stories about this place, but I'll get to the point. That being, that this one had a happy ending. There is a beautifully kept church next door to the property and when the owner died, the church bought the property for a parking lot. After the purchase was completed, the church hired an auction company to sell the cars and the many parts to the highest bidder at a one day sale. Happy ending...cars and parts went to good homes...church got a new parking lot plus the proceeds from the auction to help carry on their good work.

17. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

A buddy of mine found a 25 Ford TT truck minus the drivetrain & one fender about three years ago. He made an offer, bought it dirt cheap, & built one of the coolest fenderless hot rods I've seen in a long time! There's a lotta' nice stuff laying around out there!

18. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

"He made an offer, bought it dirt cheap" Nothing about you,Dan...just using the quote.
    Therein lies the biggest issue.We all want to buy everything for nothing.
    Post after post there are stories of how a swapmeet guy was beat down to zip on a part,a car was bought for pennies on a dollar or a sweeeeeet deal was found at a junkyard after haggling the owner for hours.Any wonder this guy or other junkyard/stash/hoarders get pissed off at the lookers and low buck guys and just say the hell with it?
    Pick one of the cars in the pics and figure out a average retail price for it.Got a number? Now if the car you picked was yours how would you feel after some guy looked it over and offered you 1/3 of the value you wrote down.Then deal with that day after day after day.

19. Sauli

Sauli

Well put...My thoughts exactly...Why not decide on which ones You´d like to focus on most and actually do so... Sell the rest to finance whatever it is You wanna do with the few You just picked out and actually get to get into high gear with it...If I were planning on "getting around to" anything that basically needed everything worked over, I know I´d have my "limitations" as far as time and finances go...Sure It´s nice that all this iron got spared from the jaws of the crusher ages ago, but I doubt that this gentleman is getting any younger or this stuff getting any better from sitting, either...

20. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

West of Tulsa.

21. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

When I see a field of cars like this it makes you want to take them all home.
    I always say it's like going to the city pound, how do you just pick one pup from all those damn waggin tails?
    I know a guy that crushed a bunch of stuff, he said he was sick of people haggling with him so bad .. and he wasn't being unreasonable with what he was asking for the old iron either. So there must be a lesson to be learned I suppose .. stop haggling with these folks, be fair in your offers, and maybe less will be crushed.
    Another fellow HAMBER was able to save some stuff here in VA from a field just like this one after the man passed and the wife allowed him some time in the field before the crusher man is to be called in (Cringe), I have to go pick up what he was able to salvage from a 54 Chevy for me.

22. prl98

prl98

I heard from a family member that they are all gone now. Sold off not crushed.
    Can anyone from that area verify this?