Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods How to sell parts out of the USA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1955 F-100 guy, Feb 11, 2017.

1. 1955 F-100 guy

1955 F-100 guy
    from NE Pa

Best safe way to sell parts and BIG car items out of the USA, buyer said send parts to this California address after his check clears ? ? -- Thanks

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  2. Get the money. Send the parts to the address given. Done. I have done this lots of times.

3. FrankenRodz

FrankenRodz

I've sold a great deal of parts to Saudi Arabia, New Zealand, Australia... Good old US Postal Service is the easiest/cheapest/quickest! If you go online, the forms are ridiculous. Just walk in to your local Post Office, and it's crazy-easy!
    Stay away from Ebay fulfillment! Parts can take 6-months or more to ship.

bathcollector and patterg2003 like this.
  4. phat rat

phat rat

They're just having you ship it to a freight handler who will put it with other parts in a shipping container. Nothing to worry about it's done all the time and saves them a bundle on shipping charges.

5. VTjunk

VTjunk

I would ship Jeep parts to an address in Long Beach CA for a club in France. When the shipping container was full it would get loaded on a ship. Pretty common. Epay fulfillment center shipping works fine, seems to take up a couple weeks to arrive overseas. Sent plenty of parts all over the world either way, not a problem.

Sent from my SM-S902L using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

ive used usps international priority mail a good few times.never lost or damaged anything even small packages.get a tracking number

7. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I have a CA shipping address that I use all the time and have been doing so for many years. Great for consolidation of multiple items into a single package, saves on freight. No problems whatsoever. Many US sellers only sell to contiguous 48 states and that's it, so having a local address comes in handy. Bigger items go to a CA based shipper for loading into a container that a local importer uses regularly.

8. 1955 F-100 guy

1955 F-100 guy
    from NE Pa

Thanks for your help---

9. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

I've bought parts from US over 10 yrs.With smaller stuff the USPS is cheapest way and seafreight with the larger parts.You just have to send the parts to the address that you have and thats it.I dont know what company you use,but get the tracking numbers,if that is possible.That way you'll be sure that the package went to the right address.It takes about 7-10 weeks to arrive in here europe via seafreight,so its not the fastest way.

Flathead Dave likes this.
  10. Get a signature on arrival.....got burned one time......

11. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

It's nice that I live in SO CAL. When I sell big parts to an overseas buyer, they almost always ask me to get the part to a shipper in Long Beach, Ontario or El Segundo. They have shipping conexes assigned to them that they need to fill before they can ship. I don't mind running the parts over. Not too much time taken away from my time.

Smaller parts I will use USPS or UPS to ship overseas.

12. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

As a buyer I always ensure that there is tracking and insurance. Additionally the CA agent sends me an e-mail when item(s) arrives and later sends me photos(s) of what I purchased, at an additional cost. Better to be safe than sorry. I always ship insured for protection as NOS items etc are hard enough to locate and then there is two (2) lots of freight getting things here. Then add the exchange rate!

13. Green Voodoo

Green Voodoo
    from Melbourne

I am the guy that said i would purchase the Front End from 1955 F100 at his asking price.
    I told him that I would pay and he could wait until the funds cleared before shipping. I also said i could arrange shipping if he could strap to a small pallet or package
    I also said I would give him 2 USA trade references - established enterprises.
    I see the comments above, I still see the front end advertised - I really don't understand why he wont sell to me

stanlow69 likes this.