Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Prayers needed for fellow HAMB'r Zapato

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chavezk21, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Get-well-Al.jpg
    Positive thoughts for Al in combating this terrible illness.

Regards,
    Stogy

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  2. Wishing for a miraculous recovery for Zapato. Get better Al. Seems that we all need some prayers daily.

Chavezk21 likes this.
  3. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Kevin and I had a nice visit yesterday in Zapato's room. Al was awake, but not communicating with us. He was looking at us though! Al helped me a tremendous amount with the louver programme I have, and we worked together on that the last couple of years. I pray daily for him, and Kevin, Scott (Verbal Kint on here) and I will get organised to help with his cars, shop or whatever is needed. I will contact a few other local guys on here that I know to help if needed as well. Al was a great part of the HAMB the last 10 years, and with some good vibes, prayers and healing from great medical staff , maybe he will be again......

4. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Damn, wishing him a speedy recovery. That support network is essential, family and friends just being there and helping through these trying times.
    I just spoke an old friend who had only recently fallen off the roof of his shed, severely damaging his hip and requiring reconstructive surgery. Anyway during preliminary x-rays it was discovered that he had lung cancer that required immediate surgery. He to is now doing it tough; one down, one to go. Had it not been for the fall he would not have known about the big 'C'.
    To top things off, his wife fell over after he was discharged from hospital, breaking her arm quite badly and requiring surgery. It just goes to show how quickly the tide can go against you when you least expect it.

Chavezk21 likes this.
  5. GeezersP15

GeezersP15
    from N.E. PA

Prayers sent.

Chavezk21 likes this.
  6. 40ford

40ford
    from Duluth, GA

Prayers sent

Chavezk21 likes this.
  7. Ancient Iron

Ancient Iron

Chavezk21 likes this.
  8. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

I would like to thank everyone for their well wishes and prayers. As of today Al was more alert, and giving the doctor a litte grief. Typical mischievious self. Tentively he will be coming home next Monday.

Sent from my SM-N920V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

lurker mick, 37hotrod and kiwijeff like this.
  9. southcross2631

southcross2631

We were born to die from that first day. If he is right with the lord and God has a plan for him, he will recover and live for something else in his life.
    If not then ,pray he receives the lord and peace be with him. He has my prayers.

Thor1 and Chavezk21 like this.
  10. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Thinking of you Zap.

11. Thanks for posting this terrible news over on the '57 forum, Jeff. Zapato was the very first internet associations that I truly considered a friend. We almost got to shake hands last year, but a planned trip to Texas for he and his wife had to be cancelled. I don't pray often, but I will for Zap. A true American Patriot.

Chavezk21, kiwijeff and Jeff Norwell like this.
  12. We will pray for Zapato today as well. I have always appreciated his contributions to the forum and our obsession with all things automotive.

Chavezk21 likes this.
  13. One of the good ones. Sending out thoughts and prayers.

Chavezk21 likes this.
  14. Ford blue blood

Ford blue blood

Met Zap on the 57 site....great guy, good friend, always there with a helping hand or part! He is on the prayer list.!

Chavezk21 and Jeff Norwell like this.
  15. Definitely adding to the prayer list.

Chavezk21 likes this.
  16. Shit man... I hate this. Zapato seems to be a really nice guy. Traded old license plates with him.
    Good thoughts sent from Portugal. Hope all goes well.

Chavezk21 and kiwijeff like this.
  17. Can I ask a favour? Man, if you get to go to his room again, just leave a note or say to him that Rui from Portugal (the guy with whom he traded old licence plates) sends his best wishes for recovery.

Chavezk21 likes this.
  18. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Prayers for a recovery from this terrible situation.

Chavezk21 likes this.
  19. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Prayers offered, get well soon.

Man, I guess I have been around a long time, but I sure am tired of seeing 1.0 HAMBers checking out or getting ill.

Chavezk21 and Jeff Norwell like this.
  20. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

He is a member of the 1952-59 Ford Social Group also, just now heard about it so please let him know our thoughts and prayers are with him also and that we hope for a speedy recovery.

Texas57 likes this.
  21. Prayers and hopes for a recovery.

Chavezk21 likes this.
  22. Best wishes!

Chavezk21 likes this.
  23. Chavezk21 likes this.
  24. O.Hove

O.Hove
    Member Emeritus
    from S.D.

I have done bussines with him
    He even helped with delivering patrs for me.
    I have never met him, but know he is a great guy.
    I do,not do face book, so if Denise could greet him for me with good thoughts
    Thank you

Chavezk21 likes this.
  25. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

Chavezk21 likes this.
  26. Prayers for Al and his family. I met him a few years ago and he's a great guy.

Chavezk21 likes this.
  27. Paul....it's nice you and Kevin can be there for Al....I'd love to be there but it's way too many miles for me..
    More prayers directed directly at Al from the midwest.

Chavezk21 likes this.
  28. Get well soon, Z. We're all pulling for you. Thoughts and prayers for a quick and complete recovery! E

Chavezk21 likes this.
  29. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

Hopefully he can pull through this. I'll pray for him too. Good luck, Al....

Chavezk21 likes this.
  30. Al is definitely good people. Met him when I used to live in Portland. Please keep us updated on his condition. Hopefully he continues to improve.

Chavezk21 and kiwijeff like this.