Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration EVER GET A LEAD ON A PROJECT WHILE PUMPING GAS?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Feb 12, 2017.

1. No car scored but I did get a few dates with girls that needed a fill up.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

HOTRODPRIMER and stillrunners like this.
  2. Funny the lead always sat at the back of the station as I would ride my bike by it on the way to the 7/11 next door to get a DP and a pack of sunflowers seeds. It belonged to Herb at the ENCO - a really damn good mechanic and one I would learn from during my work there and later in life - as there were some repairs the book and I weren't getting done. It sat there for years and years and years finally getting the back rear window.knocked which I know was going to be a hard one to find - as there just wasn't another car around like it - this was 60's. It thru the 60's and into the 70's - it was still a beautiful brute of a car but Herb would always say - you can't handle that car - it's got two carbs and will do a 100 mph easy - as I wasn't really a knowledgeable kid on cars I just passed it off.....the station owner bought another station and Herb moved over there and the old car disappeared to Herb's house. I kept up with Herb - the new station and Joe the owner for a long time....but always wondered what ever happened to that big old beautiful 300 D Chrysler......wish I had taken a picture......

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  3. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

Do they trust you with putting air in the tires?

4. Or saved yourself from ending up in the bottom of a well with a bucket containing lotion being lowered down to you.

HOTRODPRIMER, Montana1 and wraymen like this.
  5. That's funny as hell!

6. southcross2631

southcross2631

Not a lead ,but was really cool. Was gassing up my 53 Ranch Wagon when an old man came walking up with a cane and all bent over. He walked around my wagon and came up real close and so his wife couldn't hear and said , that's like the first car he ever had sex in. His eyes took him back many years, he stood and looked for a minute and walked with his wife back to his car. Cool moment.

HOTRODPRIMER and metalman like this.
  7. metalman

metalman

Makes me think of George Jones' (RIP) "Corvette Song".

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  8. I ran into an old painter friend the other day at home depot... I worked with 15 years ago... we got to talking and I asked if he ever finished the 35 ford pick up he had bought years ago. He said "no I haven't had time and now I'm too old!!"so I planted the seed and gave him my number and said"well when your ready... I have cash!!"so... fingers crossed!!!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  9. Just like that, but it was a Chevy!

Ben

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  10. Yesterday,I got a call from William the man I met at the gas station last Saturday and he want's to sell the '54 Ford truck and he was at his sons house where the truck is in a shed.

I explained I was unable to come today due to my wife owning a Flower Shop and it being Valentines Day and I would be busier than a one legged wallpaper hanger delivering flowers all over the county but we will try to get together this coming Saturday. HRP