Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Mopar torque converter question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rocknrolldaddy, Dec 5, 2016.

1. rocknrolldaddy

rocknrolldaddy

I have a 1954 Dodge Royal, original 2-speed automatic transmission. I did an engine swap a couple years ago, and put in '59 Poly, out of a Plymouth Fury. I used the Poly converter, and starter along with the motor.

The starter took a crap. The gear in the starter got stuck, didn't return and partially grinded the teeth off the ring gear on the torque converter. My starter rebuilder has been great and replaced the gear on the starter, with a larger one, several times. None have worked, I'm assuming the teeth are too far gone on the converter. I'm looking to replace the converter, but every where I look seems to skip that particular year. My question is, what converters are interchangeable with this? Or if there are other options.

Thanks in advance. Art.

2. 73RR

73RR

turboroadster and loudbang like this.
  3. rocknrolldaddy

rocknrolldaddy

4. rocknrolldaddy

rocknrolldaddy

So...I guess it wasn't as hard to find as I thought. It's hard to find individually, and especially separate. But, found a local shop that said it's not a problem, at all.

Sent from my LG-H631 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. countrytravler

countrytravler

What did you end up doing?