Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest If you could spend the weekend with 1 HAMB member who would it be?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brigrat, Feb 10, 2017.

1. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

its easy enough getting in, but its hellaciously hard to get back out!;)

2. Bigbangtheory

Bigbangtheory
    BANNED
    from ohio

Flop for me, super talented.

3. NOW THAT FUNNY!!!!!!Bruce.

4. [​IMG]

I can assure you that when you left impression on you you could say you had met a true genuine Southern Gentleman that would leave a lasting impression on you.

I have known Gene since I was a kid and I have never ran across anyone that had anything negative to say about him,it would also be a Bonus to meet his wife Ruth. HRP

[​IMG]

5. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

There is just so many I would love to meet in person.

@falcongeorge
    @HOTRODPRIMER
    @tb33anda3rd
    @need louvers?
    @porknbeaner
    @Jimmy B
    @Denns1989
    @kidcampbell71
    @loudbang
    @lothiandon1940
    @ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    @squirrel
    Even HRM, Roadkill, roadkill garage got nothing but good and nice things to say about squirrel!

It would be so much out of this world to meat;

Gene cromer
    And rockerhead

But in fear that it would either blow my mind, or break my heart to go back again. But then again if I took a weekend with HRP, we could go and visit Gene, because just thinking that he was a humble but famous race since way back when, and then see pictures of him sitting in his beat up old hulk of a race car body, and then the whole emotional rollercoaster of the build/rebuild of "The Moonligter" brings a tear in my eye, every time.

Same feeling I get with ol' 3W, except I missed out on that one.

I just wish I get to see a single HAMB outside Denmark, IRL!

EDIT
    Some of you lads have some PITA screennames to write!!!!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  6. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

I quit throwing tools when my garage got so full of things, it took about an hour to find them.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    chryslerfan55 and falcongeorge like this.
  7. Rasmus,you get here and I WILL make it happen my friend! HRP

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  8. Muttley

Muttley

Jim Sibley, he'd have my car finished before lunchtime on Saturday.

pitman, Dan Hay, JimSibley and 6 others like this.
  9. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

D. N. D. He went out of his way to explain things, several great phone calls, he has a wealth of info as well as some great stories.

chryslerfan55 and saltflats like this.
  10. Budget36

Budget36

I could hang with Mike, but I'd leave the scotch alone, or never make the drive home.

Cheers to the beers!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  11. hot rust

hot rust

kinda thinkin along the line of oz welch, would love to pick his brain a couple hours. very talented guy!!!!!

12. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.Loudbang or"Big Daddy"HRP.Damn,just too many swell folks to really pick and choose from.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

chryslerfan55 and volvobrynk like this.
  13. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Don has done it all, and then some ! I plan to drop by and see him this Summer.

14. Initially, I reported this thread. I was afraid that the truth would come out. I spent a weekend with @iwanaflattie and it was the best weekend of my life.
    image.gif

15. john dioli

john dioli

Dennis lacy early v8 garage

16. Hmmm I dont remember this so called meating,you probably went too heavy on the roofies!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  17. It would be hard to pick just one, but I think I would enjoy some time with HRP, but I don't see how I could, because he's always on the HAMB so much! :D

Perhaps, Don Garlits . I would love to sit down with him and pick his brain a few days.

I already know several HAMBERS, but others I'd like to meet someday would be Falcon George, Squirrel, Bruce Fisher, Moriarity, 55 Willys, Pork 'n Beaner, Mad Mikey, Lothiandon, Hot Rod Don, Loudbang, etc.

I'm sure I missed a few, but I always seem to find these guys quite friendly, and interesting, and a wealth of knowledge.

Of course, there's Ryan.

18. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

Jim,Doug,Herb,and Bob. Somehow these guys all communicate with each other and I with them.Not always on car stuff either.There was something that grabbed each others' attention to make a connection.

19. p__moore

p__moore

Too hard to choose but I`ll throw Bruce Lancaster up

20. ..........................I'm humbled to even be mentioned in the same sentence with these guys. Compared to them, I'm just a hack. I would enjoy meeting you, or for that matter, any of these HAMBers. Lots of wisdom and experience in that group.:)...................Thanks, Don.

21. I'd love to meet Al (Tennesseecouchpotato) but i havent heard him a long time, we wrote several times, nice fellow.

22. Ha!

It's freaking me out completely. But it's hilarious!

Please DON'T post the rest of that video....

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

23. ...well, I'd hafta say Linda Vaughn!...I love hearin her talk.

24. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

Moose, so I could learn some of his mad skills!

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  25. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

I would like to get together with tall he regulars on Chiop's T Bucket De Uglifing thread. Not going to name names for fear of leaving someone out. You know who you are. Actually I have met a bunch of you.

IMG_0285.jpg SANY0096.jpg IMG_0228.jpg

26. TMI my friend. :eek: :D

I should mention that my door is always open, which could be a good thing if you come to my place by way of mid town. :D

27. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

lothiandon and Montana would both be right up on my list, and Tony, and Moriarity, Lost in the fifties, Chip, olscrounger, Bruce Lancaster, Jim, Mad Mikey, Invisible kid, DDDenny, Irant, Koz and on and on and on. Pretty much most of the regulars. Halibrand Steve and I ALMOST met, but I wound up sick as a dog that day, We gotta rectify that one.
    I wont name the guys I have actually met, theres a bunch, and it would be pretty embarrassing if I missed someone!

Montana1 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  28. I hope that was just a spelling error.o_O Meating imply's something totally weird.

Meeting would be the better word. HRP

29. LOL I think he got it right.

And I absolutely don't want to know any more about it. :D

30. Pat Ganahl, Chip Quinn, Bruce Meyer and, last but DEFINITELY not least, Pete Eastwood. Oh, and if the Reverend Billy G. is on here that's a no brainer for me!

Steve

falcongeorge and lothiandon1940 like this.